Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 3:53 am

No. Not been eating any feathers. I tend to be a bit all or nothing. I give my all to try to be popular but then when the popularity wears off as I run out of special things to say or share etc, or if like what has happened on another site which I like where someone had taken the wrong tack on what I said and is angry at me so I may need to keep my distance for a while...
Do I try to explain my thoughts to him and why I put what I said as he has taken it the wrong way? I rarely do this though incase I get more hurt. I usually just avoid and go the other way.
One site I used to be on I have only been on a couple of times a year since someone decided not to like me on there. I used to be on daily.
This site is good. Normal people are in here. People who though we may dissagree, don't worry about it and know that we are all different. :)
So, I am thinking what is best to do with the other site. I may just PM him and tell him why I made the comment as a product was £35 and they went up to £75 and my comment was "Have they gold plated the wheels?" but he doesn't know they were £35 (£34.95 i think they were) so he assumed my comment was directed at him?
I will do that for now and just distance myself. It is safer.
I guess many of us have similar events and happenings on occasions. Lets sort this out... Yes... I have nothing to lose! :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 4:01 am

There. Done.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 4:42 am

I don't think you did or said anything wrong? I think it would be good to leave it alone even, but since you also clarified it all should be well!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 5:00 am

Well. I have clarified it (I hope) via a private message. Nothing more I can do. It is up to him how he takes it. I can't dwell on it now either way... If I didn't send rhe message it would be on my mind. Now I have peace and can move on. :)

Thanks so much for the reply. Much appreciated. :)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 5:27 am

I totally get it as i also tend to dwell on unimportant misunderstandings or problems until it gets solved and feel guilty if it doesn't.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 5:45 am

The issue I have is that I tend not to normally state my side of things and let things go, but the problem with doing this is, that every so often I get in a horrible build up of a claustrophobic brain feeling at night, which does not happen that often, but when it is I tend to re-live the past and all the times I couldn't sort things out.... My mind brings up all sorts of in depth details which I may not have known, and it makes me feel like my mind is swelling inside my head (Claustrophobic mind)... and I have to be careful I don't get the urge to try to sort things out from a past situation as when I get this situation I may not think straight and write to someone trying to correct the past and cause hurt. So I learn to be very careful when I get a claustrophobic mind.
By doing this now, as in writing back while it is happening, even if it is not sorted, I have peace of mind and the situation should not present itself in future ears if I get another claustrophobic mind situations. They rarely happen, but when they do it is not nice, and I get full of many emotions which are hard to deal with. Maybe I get it once every couple of years? No idea what causes it. It slowly builds up and then when it seems to hit a peak it goes. Strange eh!

But at least in me replying, it is one less thing to worry about. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 6:35 am

I bet the other person forgot what happened. If anything actually happened...which is questionable.

It was a trifling matter, anyway. I bet the other person moved on...if there was something to “move on” from.

Think about those great trains you have created.

Do you live in “the Marshes”? Owen Glendower was a cool person in Welsh history.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:26 am

No. I don't live in the Marshes.

I live in this area.

https://youtu.be/XefI3VHQqEA

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:45 am

Really a nice area, indeed!

I would guess the "Marshes" are in a mountainous area; whereas you're by the sea.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 9:38 am

I live on top of the hill which is called a mountain. Some of those scenes were where I grew up. Actually the last house I lived in which dates from before the 11th century is in the film if I remember correctly.
. Marshes... Umm. There are marshy coastal areas and marshy inland areas. I think the area known as "The Marshes" is somewhere on the boarder of Wales. I don't often go that far as we have to be careful. One false move and we could be in England. ;)
The area was hit by tsunamis in the 12th century and again in 1607. Burry Port where the harbours are was mostly built from around the early 1800's onwards as this area was big in the industrial revolution. Llanelli (Old spelling was Llanelly) didn't really exist before then though there was a castle which may have disappeared in the 1607 tsunami but certainly had gone when the industry took over. The whole area was a network of various industries and coal mines and docks etc. Railway lines were everywhere! At one time it was said in Wales (And much of the UK was similar) that you couldn't be anywhere further then five miles away from a railway.
Some of my favourite lines were the little narrow gauge lines. Hardly any survive today as most disappeared when the industry disappeared. There were at least two narrow gauge tramway lines on the very hill I live on. Actually three if you also count the bottom edge and maybe a fourth at a quarry... And that is not really counting the others nearby on the flatter ground below the hill. Most were human powered or horse powered (Or donkey), though one had a double incline up to an anthracite coalmine. History is fascinating.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2019, 9:53 am

It sounds like the other website is a forum. There are always going to be people on forums or Facebook groups who won’t like you or who will take things the wrong way, which is how it is for everyone on there. Whenever there’s a group of people anywhere, including real life, there will be differing opinions or personalities which will clash, and not everyone will get along. It’s never a reason to stop posting there - the other person shouldn’t “win.” You have a right to be there as much as they do. :)

What happened to you was only a misunderstanding, and you’ve done the right thing by explaining. :) It should help you to move on from it and feel better about what you said, which I can’t see anything wrong with.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 10:18 am

Yes. It is a forum. And no. It is not Facebook. I don't use Facebook. I did try it years ago and Twitter but had people following me so I closed both accounts.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 10:34 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I live in this area.

Aside from you having the seaside, it sounds a lot like the landscape around here. What used to be nicknamed West Yorkshire's "Alpine Route" centred on Queensbury's odd triangular station <link> is within reasonable (to me) walking distance. Some of it is a cycle path now, including two of the viaducts. I've explored some of the tunnels, too, though it's looking like they might permanently seal them quite soon. Sadly, all the track was lifted in the 70's and the old station sites built over or covered with inert landfill. That's such a shame, as the line could have linked up with the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway <link>. Both the birthplace and the later home of the Brontës could have been on the same preserved line hauled by steamers if they'd had the foresight to realise how many tourists it might have attracted - a wonderful day out to suit you, me, and a certain Isabella that we both know!

The local area has coal, iron, fire-clay, peat, excellent stone for masonry, and plenty of water. Before the main town Bradford became known as the "wool capital of the world" for its huge combing and weaving mills, its iron was famous even abroad for making railway wheels and canon because it wasn't as brittle as most cast iron. Every little valley has the remains of mill ponds and wheel races from the days before steam, often more than one. And you can't throw a stone without hitting a pit-head, spoil-heap, reservoir, or quarry. The stone was used in load of famous places, including both our Parliament buildings and the Australian ones (even the original lions for Trafalgar Square, which were rejected for not being big enough!)

There's older stuff, too. The course of a Roman road passes not far away, with a little bit that you can still make out. In all sorts of odd places up on the moors you can find prehistoric cup-and-ring marked stones and little stone circles. And nature has done such a wonderful job of reclaiming these areas without completely obliterating all of the evidence. What were once valleys full of industry are now our playgrounds in the countryside. It's a perfect combination for me; the wonders of the natural world and all that human history crammed into such a small area.

And regarding your original post. You did better than I would - I should learn your approach instead of letting things fester in my brain like I usually do (re-running things from decades ago isn't unusual for me.)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 10:54 am

The tunnels should be good? What's Isabella? The lady on this site? Just down below here used to be a Roman silica mine which was later used to mine coal. West Yorkshire. What villages are in West Yorkshire? A nice lady I was dating lived in Yorkshire. I was a little nervous about going up there so I never went. It looks quite a busy area. I was told car parking costs a lot there in a Peak District? Is that west? How far is it to the safety of Wales? :)

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 13 Jun 2019, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 10:59 am

Trogluddite wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
I live in this area.

And regarding your original post. You did better than I would - I should learn your approach instead of letting things fester in my brain like I usually do (re-running things from decades ago isn't unusual for me.)

I don't normally do that. I normally leave it be and let people think what they like. He has not answered yet though.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 11:27 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
The tunnels should be good?

It's a bit controversial. The current owners (I assume Railtrack) don't want responsibility any more, so want to completely seal them. However a local group who support the cycle paths got a surveyor with decades of rail experience who reported that only a few short sections of lining would need repairing, and his costings are cheaper, too. Last I heard, it was the usual game of pass-the-parcel in government departments.

Mountain Goat wrote:
What's Isabella?

Sorry. I was alluding to IsabellaLinton - she's a huge Bronte fan!

Mountain Goat wrote:
What villages are in West Yorkshire? [...] It looks quite a busy area.

Rather more villages than I could possibly list here; but in general character, think Last of the Summer Wine, and you won't be far off (Holmfirth where it was filmed isn't far away.) The bigger towns and cities are far too much for me to handle, but here on the edge of the Pennine moorland, it's much more peaceful - the curlews and skylarks of the high moors are only an hour's leisurely stroll away.

Mountain Goat wrote:
How far is it to the safety of Wales?

It's about 80 miles or so over the Pennines to the top corner near Chester - rather further to home, though!