when was the closest you were with celebrities?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

uspe
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jun 2019, 4:32 am

i was in the same square with obama in 2007 at washington sq and in the same stadium with trump in 2013 at the us open finals :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 4:48 am

When I worked trains or in my local village. Maybe I don't meet many, but with a bit of faceblindness, I probably would not notice who they were in some cases. I feel sorry for them as they just want to go from one place to another without fuss. Here we just say "Hello" or smile and leave it like that (Which we do to anyone when in a quieter area. We stopped doing this in town when it's busy as it is tiring to say "Hi" to everyone!)
I remember the only time I went to London. My boss drove us there to look round a bicycle trade show. When we arrived there were a couple of street walk to get to Alexander Palace where the event was. I saw a man walking towards me on the pavement so to be polite, I said "Hello" or "Good morning" or something like that and he jumped backwards as if he expected me to hit him or something. I was thinking "Don't people talk to each other in London? How do they live?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 4:50 am

I met Jackie Chan in Melbourne but was too overwhelmed to ask for his autograph

uspe
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jun 2019, 8:40 am

actually i forgot it was him or not.. it was 2014 ? the one i watched was 2014 . so who was booed ? my eyes are 500 .

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 10:31 am

uspe,

Was that U.S. Open tennis or golf?

I have never met a celebrity, but I would love to meet Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Denis Istomin. Of these three, it is Istomin I would really like to meet and write the story of his life. He really inspires me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jun 2019, 2:07 pm

I met Gilbert Gottfried & shook his hand at the comedy club. My girlfriend bought his book which I paid him cash for. As for as I know I haven't been around any other celebs offline. I've chatted with some comedy singers online but they weren't very well known outside of their fan base.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 3:11 pm

Well one eg is I was an England cricketer's flower girl when I was 3.

My mum was best friends from childhood with his bride so they asked me to do it. They've since divorced and he's retired.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 3:45 pm

In the Eighties I sold a bottle of Pepto Bismol to Howard K. Smith ( major TV newscaster and veteran reporter - competed with Kronkite and Severid- like Dan Rather today) when I worked as a clerk at a drugstore. He did look rather pale at the time.

At the same store I rang up a roll of developed photographs to a middle aged Black lady. We looked over the pics, together and I noticed a number of her pictures had then president WH Bush shaking hands with Aretha Franklin at an event at the Whitehouse. I exclaimed, about it and then asked...and she said in a weary blase' voice "yeah, Aretha Franklin is my sister".

I learned later that Aretha used her three sisters as back up singers in many of her hit records. So...that lady's voice is on many tracks in my record collection (as well as that of her famous sis).

Conservative pundit George Will interjected into a conversation to correct something we were talking about when he was two tables away at a café. I said "hello, and thanked him".

I almost shook hands with Chuck Brown, "the Godfather of Go-Go". Was standing in line only a few persons away at the shopping mall. But didn't have cash on me to buy a CD for him to autograph, and I was already late for work. Darn!

My photographer sister meet the POTUS and British royalty at a environment summit. I yawned as she talked about it, but got excited when she said she met David Attenborough - because I had just seen his epic documentary "Life on Earth". The next day sis got me an autographed copy of the book based on the series.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 4:21 pm

When I was young I met Johnny Unitas.

A few years later when I worked as a parking lot attendant, I met Natalie Wood. She thought what I said was hysterical and drove away laughing.

Nydcat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jun 2019, 4:44 pm

My boyfriend and I squeezed close to Patrick Stuart for a photo shop. My boyfriend is a big Star Trek fan.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 4:54 pm

Met Enya on an Aer Lingus flight. I told her how much I liked her music, but did not ask for a pic or autograph. Very nice personality. Soft-spoken, almost aspie-like, yet very gracious.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 4:57 pm

I'm not impressed by celebrities. I prefer the art more than the artist.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 5:49 pm

Several years ago, my mom and I had a chance encounter with Matt Damon when he was in Portland
promoting Invictus.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 2:11 am

I have met the Pawn Stars guys in their shop when I was 10, before they became super famous. And then a couple of times later on.

I have seen a few celebrities while living in Las Vegas, but did not actually meet them. One time Al Pacino walked past me in a hotel. Can't remember who the others were. Basically it was "look it's so-in-so". I would not have noticed or recognized them on my own.

Oh yeah either Jonny Depp or a lookalike walked by in a more secluded area of Planet Hollywood.

Last edited by EzraS on 12 Jun 2019, 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 2:20 am

As Ralph Nader was leaving after a speech he gave at my college I engaged in a very brief conversation with him about something he said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 2:24 am

My sister is a theater actress, she is quite famous in her area and some of her 'colleagues' are famous on TV. If that counts.