Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 7:21 am

I am in Sourh Wales, U.K., and where I live there is much evidence of the last one which hit in 1607. I am concerned about the next one. I try not to spend too much time in the coastal regions and am nurvous. I don't mind going down on dull days or rainy weather etc, as it won't happen on such days. I know the next one will hit over the top of where I live and our house is 500ft high from sea level. Sometimes I get really wound up in the past... I quit a job as where I worked was right in line where the major part of the tsunami would come. The problem is that the population and work etc is in the coastal area. I don't want to take the risk. (I also get partial shutdowns I believe which are also a reason why I quit jobs when I get a build up of them which make my body weak and limp).
I know another big tsunami is coming. I don't know when. Most people think I am crazy so I stopped telling people. Sometimes I will.
But what can I do as people don't want to move house. Some live on top of a little hill about 50 ft high and say "It won't reach us". Due to the main town being in rhe area where the highest and lowest tides are in the world, the Victorians were able to eeclaim land to build the town on by usinga series of gates to let water out but prevent it from coming in, so half the town is under the normal high tide level. One part is 28ft below the high tide level. (The average high tide to low tide height difference here is 28ft which has sunk many boats moored by owners who don't allow enough slack in the lines to cope with this, and down they go!).
Anyway... The whole town won't exist again after the next one.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2019, 7:32 am

Tsunamis don't depend on weather. They are caused by underwater earthquakes/volcanos/impacts.

Your concerns seem not entirely unfounded https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunamis_ ... e_tsunamis

If the earthquake ocurred where predicted, you would have 6 hours from the eruption to evacuate.

500ft is quite a lot, the wave would probably not reach there and even if it did, it's energy would be already used up and it would be more like a normal flood - a cathastrophe, too, but not nearly as deadly.
The tsunamis I can google reach up to 100ft.

I found this article: https://www.livescience.com/37497-no-ou ... unami.html explaining quite well the mechanics of tsunami and related safety rules.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 8:06 am

I know it will come on a clear sunny day... I have seen what happens. I have seen the height.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2019, 10:18 am

I have some knowledge of geophysics but none at all of clairvoyance.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 10:23 am

The last tsunami happened in 1607, like you said.

I envy that you live in a house by the sea, 500 feet above sea level. Don't ever leave that place if you like the sea.

Many things have to happen before you'll get a tsunami at that same exact spot again. The British Isles are not exactly known for the frequent occurrence of tsunamis.

If I were in Indonesia or the coast of Thailand, I would be much more concerned.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2019, 12:21 pm

You mean this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_C ... oods,_1607 ?

Quote:
For ten days the Church of All Saints at Kingston Seymour, near Weston-super-Mare, was filled with water to a depth of 5 feet (1.5 m). A chiselled mark remains showing that the maximum height of the water was 7.74 metres (25 feet 5 inches) above sea level.
You can feel safe at 500 ft, really :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 12:32 pm

The probability of a tsunami reaching South Wales U.K. during your lifetime is relatively low. Also being 500 feet above sea level means most tsunamis that hit the region will lack the energy to make a high level wave.

But on the other hand it is alway good to be prepared for anything. Years ago I created a Mega-Tsunami Survival Guide.

Here is a link. Mega-Tsunami Survival Guide

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 3:45 pm

I have seen brief visions of after it has come and not much survives. The few survivors are very pleased to see another person. Social barriers mean nothing. They are just soo glad to see someone else afterwards that they will give anything to welcome them.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 5:32 pm

On one hand: what you're saying seems nuts.

But on the other hand - there IS (or was) a theoretical future megadisaster with similarities to what you're talking about.

But on the other hand from that - that thing may itself be discredited.

Britain is not on the Pacific rim "ring of fire" like Japan, or even California. It doesn't get tsunamis, nor any seismic phenoms on a regular basis. And tsumanis rarely even reach a 100 feet. Much less five hundred.

But there was a thing in the news a few years ago about how scientists were concerned about a future undersea "mega landslide" near the Canary Islands: 500 cubic kilometers of rock and soil collapsing undersea, and kicking up a giant tsunami that would hit both western Europe and the East coast of the US killing millions.

Initially it would be a thousand meters high. It would loose height as it spread and hit Spain, France, the British isles, and finaly crossed the ocean and hit the east coast of Canada and the US. Maybe it would still be a few hundred feet high when hits Britain.

But more recently this "Canary Island Tsunami Scare" has been somewhat discredited. Cant figure out how to link to it, but you can type "Landslide Blog" and find the blog I just found written by a geologist on the subject.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 6:32 pm

Was looking at Canary Islands but it is the wrong direction. It may come from the Irish Sea fault line. That is the one which caused the issues in 1607. Back then it only came inland a few miles, but several coastal villages here were effected. Horton was rebuilt which was inbetween Kidwelly and Ferryside, but then in thw 1700's a storm surge also hit and the village was abandoned and people went to live in Llansaint on top of the hill instead. Pembrey church used to have a mark carved into the main door post at quite a height which aas the level where the last tsunami reached. The inner sand dunes in Pembrey were formed when the sea receeded back after the tsunami in 1607. The 1607 tsunami splashed up at quite a height here as lots of shells were deposited at about 50 or more ft above sea level. The bottom path where I used to live which was once a pair of cottages, had shells in the sandy soil and this was well inland from the sea. It was on a bank not far from the church. The few houses in the village square that were there then. A friend lived in one and when they renevated it (It is near the church) there was a line 11 to 14 ft high in the stonework which showed the tsunami height.

The next one will be much higher.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 6:33 pm

If you leave that home in your locale, I'll take it LOL

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 6:42 pm

Older records here in Wales are hard to find because the language "Welsh" wasn't a written language until about 200 to 300 years ago. Here in Wales everything was done by remembering rather then writing. However, the English parts of Wales they did write but only a few people could write, so it depended where those people were...
They have found plenty of evidence right round the coastal parts of South Wales and it was recorded in parts of England.
In UK, as earthquakes were rare, records of them going right back are rare. But tsunamis... 8th centuary... 12th centuary... Then the 1607 one... They were the known big ones.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 9:10 pm

In Great Britain, “Upon Tuesday, being the twentieth of January last past 1607, in diuers [diverse] places, as well in the westerne [western] parts of England, as also in diuers [diverse] other places of the realme [realm], there happened such an overflowing of waters, such a violent swelling of the seas, and such forcible breaches made into the firme [firm] land, namely, into the bosomes [bosoms] of these counties following, that is to say, in the counties of Glocester [Gloucester], Sommerset [Somerset], together with the counties of Munmouth [Monmouth], Glamorgan, Carmarthen, and diuers [diverse] and sundry other places of South Wales; that the like never in the memory of man hath ever bin seine [been seen] or heard of; the suddayne terror whereof stroke such an amazed feare [fear] into the hearts of al [all] the inhabitants of those parts, that eury one [everyone] prepared him selfe [himself] ready to entertayne [entertain] the last period of his lives distruction [destruction], deeming it altogether to be a second deluge, or an universal punishment by water.”

Other accounts read: In England in 1607, the waters rose above the tops of the houses, and upwards of 100 people perished in Gloucestershire and Somersetshire. Flood also in Coventry, which destroyed 257 houses.

And another account read: In 1607, there was a flood in Somerset and Gloucestershire, England. The water rose above the tops of houses, and about one hundred people perished.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Jun 2019, 4:07 am

Goat, I don't know if it's something relatable but I also felt something like a catastrophe in the air.

It was when I moved to the place I'm living now. I remember looking at new, neat, even pavements and colorful buildings and I felt like they didn't belong here. And I saw them in my mind torn by heavy bombardment - another war. Yes, my place is safe from tsunamis but if ever Europe stands in fire again, the main front will be here, in the middle of European lowlands.
I never shared that feelings.
But over time they faded. The reason was funny: the colorful buildings faded and catched dirt. The quicksands that Warsaw is built on took care of neat pavements, making them rough and uneven. Wild grasses and dandelions found their ways.
The place started to belong to the city.

There is still a quiet thought on the back of my mind that war is not entrely impossible. But as my district deteriorated a bit, I started to feel safer. Funny.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 5:02 am

I have had many visions and dreams that God gave to me. The visions happen exactly as they were given me though sometimes the scene is reversed as if the negative has been turned around.
Once, about 20 years ago I had a strange vision where I went into the church where I used to belong to (I gave out their hymnbooks to people and welcomes people at the door etc) and in my vision I went up into the church and I didn't seem to be going up the steps. There were two or three steps to go up... But in my vision my feet somehow went up without the steps... Then when I went in, I was gobsmacked and someone said someting to the left of me which in my vision I heard the words clearly but forgot them just after I came out of the vision, and the same thing happened where someone standing to my right said something....
And then the vision ended.
Maybe six months had passed? I was going to the church on sundays... Sometimes even to two services. I was hungry to know koee. Sometimes I went on tuesday night but not often. Was prayer meeting and one lady used to spend most of the time praying round the world and back so no one else could pray! Thursdays were the big church evenings in the town...
But this meeting was a spacial meeting in the smaller church I was in.. I didn't know what to expect as people from other churches also came. I went up, and the man who was in charge of our church who is also the local builder had made a large wooden ramp for a lady with a wheelchair from the other church to join us. I walked up the ramp and as I went in I suddenly heard a guy to the left of me say the words I heard in the vision... And then someone to my right said the words I had also heared. I was so gobsmacked when I suddenly saw everything happening just like it showed in my vision that my mouth was open and all I could do was walk in! (Walk inro the church... Not walk into my mouth).

Another vision I had during that time was me driving a posh looking black car. Just a small vision of me and all I saw about the car was the drivers door window area with me in it driving... I think about a year went past or thee abouts. Maybe more. Then one day I bought the car. Was one of tne last of the Audi 80's which had the new Audi A4 floorpan, and it had a quiet vut very high revving 2.6 petrol engine. It was a car that was glued to the road and had incredible brakes. It was so good I only kept it for about 2 years as when I had a big bill, I part exchanged it, as I was finding it boring to drive. There was no involvement. If I headed to a 90 degree corner at 60 mph and forgot to brake, I would just turn the steering and the car didn't even drift. It would just make the corner. Not even Scalextric cars would do that! And no matter how careful to get economy, or then how foot down I would drive it on the next tanknof fuel, it always gave me the same. 35mpg average. It would do 35 in first, 68 in second and I went over 100 once up a hill to test third but then took it back down quickly as it still didn't hit the rev limiter and it had five gears, but had a 155mph speed limiter.

Back to the church, after that meeting in other meetings dring that time revival broke out and on one such day is when the Lord took me out of my body and showed me around parts of Heaven. That evening was amazing... The anointing was soo strong... But that's another story! :mrgreen: