Page 1 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 3:20 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
^
Interesting about Pepe. I've never seen South Park and didn't know he was a character.

Prometheus, I don't have a nickname for you other than Prom, but I'll mention that your swirl is very colourful including red, blue, yellow, pink and white. Your energy is very gentle and the scent I associate with your username is something like honeysuckle. I should likely stop before my synaesthesia starts sounding like a party trick .... I just can't help it.

The character is actually a girl; it's pronounced like "bébé", the French for baby, but is spelt without the acute accents, according to the South Park FANDOM site.

I kinda wish I had synaesthesia. Certainly, my memory would be better. I have images for most members here as well, though not synaesthetic ones. You're one of the paintings you once had as your avatar; Kraftie is his avatar, though with an exaggeratedly mischievous smile, à la Hals's Laughing Cavalier; Pepe is Wendy from South Park (her avatar); TW1ZTY is his real self; Fnord is the weird thing in his avatar and Trueno is a nobly wrinkled, beardless man in his sixties with tanned skin in the Greek fashion, and a full head of dark hair.

Which painting am I, if I may ask? I think it's time for me to have a face again. :wink:

I might add that I picture people's homes as well. I have distinct imagery for where people are when they post.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 3:25 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
^
Interesting about Pepe. I've never seen South Park and didn't know he was a character.

Prometheus, I don't have a nickname for you other than Prom, but I'll mention that your swirl is very colourful including red, blue, yellow, pink and white. Your energy is very gentle and the scent I associate with your username is something like honeysuckle. I should likely stop before my synaesthesia starts sounding like a party trick .... I just can't help it.

The character is actually a girl; it's pronounced like "bébé", the French for baby, but is spelt without the acute accents, according to the South Park FANDOM site.

I kinda wish I had synaesthesia. Certainly, my memory would be better. I have images for most members here as well, though not synaesthetic ones. You're one of the paintings you once had as your avatar; Kraftie is his avatar, though with an exaggeratedly mischievous smile, à la Hals's Laughing Cavalier; Pepe is Wendy from South Park (her avatar); TW1ZTY is his real self; Fnord is the weird thing in his avatar and Trueno is a nobly wrinkled, beardless man in his sixties with tanned skin in the Greek fashion, and a full head of dark hair.

Which painting am I, if I may ask? I think it's time for me to have a face again. :wink:

I'm not sure of the painter or subject of the painting, but it's the one you had when I first started talking to you, back in January or so, on your Wuthering Heights thread - I made some nasty remarks about Emily Brontë and her characters, preferring the bourgeois virtue of Charlotte and hers. The lady in the hat.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 3:28 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
^

I'm not sure of the painter or subject of the painting, but it's the one you had when I first started talking to you, back in January or so, on your Wuthering Heights thread - I made some nasty remarks about Emily Brontë and her characters, preferring the bourgeois virtue of Charlotte and hers.

You should read Anne Brontë.

I'll send you a few of my previous avatars by PM.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 3:42 pm

I do intend to sometime soon, but my reading list extends into next century :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 3:48 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I do intend to sometime soon, but my reading list extends into next century :lol:

Anne was raised by her Methodist aunt, and her work is quite didactic. I would recommend Villette but Charlotte denounces RC Brussels in favour of Protestantism. It's beautifully written, but I don't know how you would feel about her sentiments.

Sorry OP for derailing.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 3:59 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

Anne was raised by her Methodist aunt, and her work is quite didactic. I would recommend Villette but Charlotte denounces RC Brussels in favour of Protestantism. It's beautifully written, but I don't know how you would feel about her sentiments.

Sorry OP for derailing.

Denominations aren't a big deal for me; I'm rather ecumenical. I don't like today's anticatholics, but everybody who wasn't a Catholic himself was an anticatholic in those days - including, of course, my own favourite author, Dostoevsky, whose anticatholic convictions he placed in the mouth of my beloved Prince Myshkin in the infamous (and hilariously funny) vase-smashing scene.

To return to topic:

Magz is pronounced literally (I assume she meant it to be pronounced "mag-zee").

ASPartOfMe is "aspartame".

Darmok is a dalek.

Crimadella is Cinderella.

Kitty4670 is "Katie".

Jimmy M is just James.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:03 pm

I don't have nicknames for people, but I have voices with accents for each. Kraftiekortie is very clearly a New Yorker. Mountain Goat is my favorite, though; I love that Welsh accent!

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:05 pm

Redxk wrote:
I don't have nicknames for people, but I have voices with accents for each. Kraftiekortie is very clearly a New Yorker. Mountain Goat is my favorite, though; I love that Welsh accent!

What am I? I'll post a sample for comparison.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:12 pm

^You're approximately Birmingham (I've met a few people from there), but a bit more posh. It's the three-piece suits and the trilby speaking.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:15 pm

Redxk wrote:
^You're approximately Birmingham (I've met a few people from there), but a bit more posh. It's the three-piece suits and the trilby speaking.

Today I woke up to the sound of kortie speaking in his soft Yankee accent, and a doorbell ringing. I have hypnopompia which is a sleep disorder where I hear sounds that aren't there (while falling asleep / waking).

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:34 pm

Isabella is Izzy and Twilightprincess is TP

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:38 pm

TW1Z tastes like black liquorice.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
TW1Z tastes like black liquorice.

Mmmm liquorice :chef:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 4:55 pm

Redxk wrote:

Not quite right, though I did live there for a few years (along with just about every other city in the country). My accent isn't really regional at all, but is a combination, I'd say, of bits of a number of regions and, chiefly, RP. It's the ugly, SW4 estuary accent almost universal among my age group that I really object to. A coarse, northern accent sounds musical in comparison.

People do often conclude that my accent is rather posh.

If someone will suggest what to read out, I'll post a voice recording. Maybe I'll just do something from Dostoevsky.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 5:37 pm

Redxk wrote:

Welsh accent varies in different parts of Wales.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 6:07 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Redxk wrote:

Welsh accent varies in different parts of Wales.

Well, in my imagination, you've got a lovely one. :wink: