Benevolent Dictator candidate selection for WP

Page 14 of 17 [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

08 Jul 2019, 5:59 am

EzraS wrote:
I was going to nominate myself, but then I looked up the word benevolent.


Not a problem per se. A less morally upstanding candidate than I might, once instated, redefine "benevolent" to be an inherent quality of whatever they're doing.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,343

08 Jul 2019, 6:09 am

EzraS wrote:
I was going to nominate myself, but then I looked up the word benevolent.


Quote:
“Who are you then?"
"I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”

Goethe, Faust

:wink:


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,024
Location: Australia

08 Jul 2019, 6:40 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
I'm getting confused - this means I can still nominate someone but there are already quite a few nominations not seconded, right?

Hey, Pepe, can I trade my nomination option for seconding someone?


Seconding someone else?
No! :evil:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,024
Location: Australia

08 Jul 2019, 7:01 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I just calculated that the following members are nominated and seconded ( where a member wasn't nominated assume self nomination )

-Ferris
-Tw1zy
-Wolfram87
-Raleigh
-KT67
-KraftieKortie
-Mountain Goat
-IstominFan
-Fnord
-IsabellaLinton

The following have nominations but no seconds

Miss Lizard
Sly
CockneyRebel
Magz
Fluffy
Ezra

Member who can still second vote are Kraftie , Wolfram , Twiz , Istomin , Fnord , Isabella , CockneyRebel ,Ezra & Fluffy.

We can assume they would vote for the above 6 making the list so far in my calculations to look like this


-Miss Lizard
-Sly
-CockneyRebel
-Magz
-Fluffy
-Ferris
-Tw1zy
-Wolfram87
-Raleigh
-KT67
-KraftieKortie
-Mountain Goat
-IstominFan
-Fnord
-IsabellaLinton
-Ezra

A strong turnout :twisted:

Here's my workings.

Red=Candidate
Blue= Who nominated
Green= Who Seconded

Image


OK, so are we all done now?
I'll make a poll tomorrow.
I'm still exhausted from yesterday.
Any late stragglers will have to be quick before the deadline is reached.

I must say, all this co-operative fair-mindedness crap is severely disappointing.
Next, you will be singing Kumbaya.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
No dessert tonight!
And "No soup for you!" either!.
Politics is a cutthroat business and you have made a mockery of it. <sigh>

Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey.
ENOUGH ALREADY!
I think I'm going to throw up with all the saccharine in this bloody thread. :eew: :mrgreen:


https://youtu.be/vo9AH4vG2wA


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Last edited by Pepe on 08 Jul 2019, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 May 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,897

08 Jul 2019, 7:09 am

Pepe wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I just calculated that the following members are nominated and seconded ( where a member wasn't nominated assume self nomination )

-Ferris
-Tw1zy
-Wolfram87
-Raleigh
-KT67
-KraftieKortie
-Mountain Goat
-IstominFan
-Fnord
-IsabellaLinton

The following have nominations but no seconds

Miss Lizard
Sly
CockneyRebel
Magz
Fluffy
Ezra

Member who can still second vote are Kraftie , Wolfram , Twiz , Istomin , Fnord , Isabella , CockneyRebel ,Ezra & Fluffy.

We can assume they would vote for the above 6 making the list so far in my calculations to look like this


-Miss Lizard
-Sly
-CockneyRebel
-Magz
-Fluffy
-Ferris
-Tw1zy
-Wolfram87
-Raleigh
-KT67
-KraftieKortie
-Mountain Goat
-IstominFan
-Fnord
-IsabellaLinton
-Ezra

A strong turnout :twisted:

Here's my workings.

Red=Candidate
Blue= Who nominated
Green= Who Seconded

Image


OK, so are we all done now?
I'll make a poll tomorrow.
I'm still exhausted from yesterday.
Any late stragglers will have to be quick before the deadline is reached.

I must say, all this co-operative fair-mindedness crap is severely disappointing.
Next, you will be singing Kumbaya.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
No dessert tonight!
Politics is a cutthroat business and you have made a mockery of it. <sigh>

Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey.
ENOUGH ALREADY!
I think I'm going to throw up with all the saccharine in this bloody thread. :eew: :mrgreen:


https://youtu.be/vo9AH4vG2wA[/quote

I made an actual political poster for someone but he dropped out so...

Trouble is most of these people are my actual friends and I don't mind sharing my jelly and ice cream with them once we get dessert.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,024
Location: Australia

08 Jul 2019, 7:19 am

KT67 wrote:
I made an actual political poster for someone but he dropped out so...

Trouble is most of these people are my actual friends and I don't mind sharing my jelly and ice cream with them once we get dessert.


Politics has no friends.
Only bodies to climb over when they get in your way. <evil laugh> :twisted:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

08 Jul 2019, 9:05 am

Pepe wrote:

I must say, all this co-operative fair-mindedness crap is severely disappointing.
Next, you will be singing Kumbaya.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
No dessert tonight!
And "No soup for you!" either!.
Politics is a cutthroat business and you have made a mockery of it. <sigh>

Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey.
ENOUGH ALREADY!
I think I'm going to throw up with all the saccharine in this bloody thread. :eew: :mrgreen:



What you see as sickly sweet is actually how the mind of a true dictator works. I have just dictated who should be in the poll and nobody questioned it :twisted: . There is method to my madness and it will all become apparent when you are all on your knees bowing to El Presidente. :twisted: As a mod I have already worked out how to change votes , there is no losing for me , there is only the illusion that someone else might win :twisted:


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2017
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,457
Location: UK

08 Jul 2019, 9:08 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I must say, all this co-operative fair-mindedness crap is severely disappointing.
Next, you will be singing Kumbaya.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
No dessert tonight!
And "No soup for you!" either!.
Politics is a cutthroat business and you have made a mockery of it. <sigh>

Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey, Nicey.
ENOUGH ALREADY!
I think I'm going to throw up with all the saccharine in this bloody thread. :eew: :mrgreen:



What you see as sickly sweet is actually how the mind of a true dictator works. I have just dictated who should be in the poll and nobody questioned it :twisted: . There is method to my madness and it will all become apparent when you are all on your knees bowing to El Presidente. :twisted: As a mod I have already worked out how to change votes , there is no losing for me , there is only the illusion that someone else might win :twisted:


Is that you, Boris?


_________________
Steve J

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame


SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

08 Jul 2019, 9:10 am

^ :clown:


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,180
Location: Queens, NYC

08 Jul 2019, 9:39 am

It might be Boris Spassky, the great chess champion.



KT67
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 May 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,897

08 Jul 2019, 9:53 am

I think rooting against someone because he's between cats is wrong.

Unless the cat ran away with a fishmonger like one cat I knew...

Because that cat's human didn't know how to keep his cat in the manner to which it wanted to be kept.

Most cats 'leave' by dying and it's respectable enough to be a cat widow. Might even help win the sympathy vote.



Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

08 Jul 2019, 9:59 am

*whispers* I'm between cats because my previous cat was actually my parents cat, and thusly still lazes about at my parents house. I have plans to but yet to go through with getting a cat of my own. :wink: *

*normal voice*

I mean...Yes. Ferris, how could you?


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,678
Location: Poland

08 Jul 2019, 10:01 am

My mother's cat left after I moved out... she probably decided, if a human can find a new home, why not she? My mother is rather a dog lover and the main reason she kept a cat was to control mice. I'm not really surprised the cat found someone more loving for herself, just like I did.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

08 Jul 2019, 10:06 am

KT67 wrote:
I think rooting against someone because he's between cats is wrong.



Everyone knows that any budding dictator needs a cat to pull it off , here are some photo's from the press to prove it

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,180
Location: Queens, NYC

08 Jul 2019, 10:09 am

LOL....that looks like a chihuahua in the first photo...



Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,976
Location: Sweden

08 Jul 2019, 10:17 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphynx_cat


SaveFerris wrote:
KT67 wrote:
I think rooting against someone because he's between cats is wrong.



I'm working on it.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.


Last edited by Wolfram87 on 08 Jul 2019, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.