Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 5:45 pm

Do you find that if, like me, you have had lifelong hobbies which you could say were special interests, that over time you have developed a preference to certain aspects of the hobby which, through experiende and happy mediums even though your preferences may not be the most fasionable choice?

For example, model railways. I used to try to collect everything and was at the forefront of anything new in the hobby, but now I have turned slightly traditional and unique, in that I now know what I like and I enjoy it. I don't try to copy others but do my own thing. I want to keep things simple.

For bicycles. I am now quite specific and almost unique in my preferences in what I believe a decent bicycle should be. I like to mix old and new but lean on tradition rather then modern. If I had to pick the best year for the bicycle? 1989. Later then this and things got too technical and fashion concious. 1989 was the year of the best of the traditional values. I found a good touring bike from that date had a mix of practicality and simplicity.