Page 7 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Age: 80
Gender: Male
Posts: 223
Location: Laval, Qc. Canada

11 Mar 2018, 11:41 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
And I say no, I HAVE Asperger’s.

Personally I disagree. I don't HAVE Asperger's ; i AM an Asperger's autistic. You can have measles, flu, cancer. But do you HAVE manhood or femininity, or ARE you a man or a woman? I never GOT Asperger's syndrom : I was born like this (and not "with it"). It is part of me just like the color of my skin. Only more precious.


This reminds me this incident which actually happened to me.
She: "Is it true that you suffer from Asperger's Autism?"
Me : "No".
She: "My son told me you told him so".
Me: "Certainly not!"
He: "You told me yesterday you have been diagnosed as an Aspie."
Me: "That is exact."
She: "Then you do suffer from Asperger's Autism!"
Me: "No. I enjoy every second of it."



blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,793

11 Mar 2018, 11:44 am

She is a rather wonderful lady who has done enough to further respect and understanding of Autistics using media interviews. Her intent was excellent as she pointed out that although we may be a nuisance to people THEY also need to learn how to approach US. It cannot all be one way , us striving to be acceptablez

But i see your point.


_________________
Take defeat as an urge to greater effort.
-Napoleon Hill


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,416
Location: Long Island, New York

11 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm

Fetika wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
And I say no, I HAVE Asperger’s.

Personally I disagree. I don't HAVE Asperger's ; i AM an Asperger's autistic. You can have measles, flu, cancer. But do you HAVE manhood or femininity, or ARE you a man or a woman? I never GOT Asperger's syndrom : I was born like this (and not "with it"). It is part of me just like the color of my skin. Only more precious.


This reminds me this incident which actually happened to me.
She: "Is it true that you suffer from Asperger's Autism?"
Me : "No".
She: "My son told me you told him so".
Me: "Certainly not!"
He: "You told me yesterday you have been diagnosed as an Aspie."
Me: "That is exact."
She: "Then you do suffer from Asperger's Autism!"
Me: "No. I enjoy every second of it."


I use identity first language to describe my Aspergers/Autism but I since I have not lived her life I will not disagree with her choice to use person first language. That quip is a funny variation on Tony Attwood’s statement that Aspies do not suffer from Aspergers but people.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,142
Location: California

11 Mar 2018, 2:01 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
This is not quite a joke but a good quip, by Anne Hegerty, quiz champion and British celebrity-
‘People say to me, we heard you suffer from Asperger’s or autism. And I say no, I HAVE Asperger’s. I suffer from idiots.’


Well said!



Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,349
Location: Kraków, Poland

11 Mar 2018, 3:12 pm

This joke is more about NTs than aspies from my perspective but:

NT guy:
- Want to go with me to drink some coffee?
AS girl:
- I don't like coffee.

NT guy walks away, depressed. AS girl is left confused:
- Why didn't he ask "How about some tea then?".



SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,762
Location: UK

13 Mar 2018, 12:08 pm

When I got up this morning , my GF had put a note on the refrigerator door saying "This is not working , goodbye".
I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine :?:


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,882
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

13 Mar 2018, 12:22 pm

Okay, fine... :|

If adult aspies got gold star stickers like kids get in school, it would probably be for things like this:

:star: Actually went out today. Awesome!
:star: Made eye contact for over 30 seconds. Way to go!
:star: Didn't take something literally. Good for you!
:star: Only cried once today. Nice work!



pluto
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,576
Location: Paisley,Scotland UK

13 Mar 2018, 5:25 pm

What do you call a group of Aspies ?
A cast of Aspersions.


_________________
I have lost the will to be apathetic


Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Age: 80
Gender: Male
Posts: 223
Location: Laval, Qc. Canada

13 Mar 2018, 7:00 pm

pluto wrote:
What do you call a group of Aspies ?
A cast of Aspersions.


Sorry Pluto, English is still somewhat a foreign language to me. So I don't get your joke. Could you either rephrase or explain it to me please? Thanks in advance.



SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,762
Location: UK

14 Mar 2018, 5:28 am

Fetika wrote:
pluto wrote:
What do you call a group of Aspies ?
A cast of Aspersions.


Sorry Pluto, English is still somewhat a foreign language to me. So I don't get your joke. Could you either rephrase or explain it to me please? Thanks in advance.


It's a play on words

cast aspersions - say harsh critical things about someone or someone's character

cast - throw (something) forcefully in a specified direction
cast - a group of actors

aspersion - a false or misleading charge meant to harm someone's reputation


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


pluto
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,576
Location: Paisley,Scotland UK

14 Mar 2018, 3:07 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Fetika wrote:
pluto wrote:
What do you call a group of Aspies ?
A cast of Aspersions.


Sorry Pluto, English is still somewhat a foreign language to me. So I don't get your joke. Could you either rephrase or explain it to me please? Thanks in advance.


It's a play on words

cast aspersions - say harsh critical things about someone or someone's character

cast - throw (something) forcefully in a specified direction
cast - a group of actors

aspersion - a false or misleading charge meant to harm someone's reputation


Thanks,SaveFerris. Couldn't have explained it better myself!


_________________
I have lost the will to be apathetic


SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,762
Location: UK

14 Mar 2018, 5:26 pm

pluto wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fetika wrote:
pluto wrote:
What do you call a group of Aspies ?
A cast of Aspersions.


Sorry Pluto, English is still somewhat a foreign language to me. So I don't get your joke. Could you either rephrase or explain it to me please? Thanks in advance.


It's a play on words

cast aspersions - say harsh critical things about someone or someone's character

cast - throw (something) forcefully in a specified direction
cast - a group of actors

aspersion - a false or misleading charge meant to harm someone's reputation


Thanks,SaveFerris. Couldn't have explained it better myself!


No worries Pluto :salut:


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


LilLoki
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Joined: 7 Mar 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 77
Location: Brasil

03 Apr 2018, 4:55 pm

best jokes ever :lol:



JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,142
Location: California

11 Apr 2018, 11:54 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
There've been several variations of the "how many people does it take to change a lightbulb? joke" in this discussion thread.

I’m basing this on actual (mundane) experiences of changing lightbulbs; where I was usually the one who changed the lightbulbs. Only one other person was present, and chuckled at my brief lightbulb jokes.

* One to change the lightbulb (while anticipating “comments” from the others).

* Another to dig-up forgotten TECH. specs on this particular lightbulb maker and compare its expected life-cycle in years versus how long the bulb actually lasted!

* Another to comment on the incandescent, and flourescent type lightbulbs.

* Another to note, and exercise the proper waste disposal of lightbulbs; as well as to mention various recycling practices of making new products out of old-lightbulb scrap.

* And finally, another to note that we are doing the work of only three-guys, Larry, Moe and Curly of ‘The Three Stooges.’



I have to repeat my lightbulb-joke as an update; that is the various roles of five people it takes to change a lightbulb have been reduced to two people. Hence, three of the original people must be let-go! The person who remains.............is the TECH. spec. person.

* One to change the lightbulb (while anticipating “feedback” from the one other person).

* The other TECH. orientated person who would be that novel combination of the three people replaced, and his 'how many people does it take to change a lightbulb?' joke would encourage a "top that!" invitation to....more future lightbulb jokes!

And yes, one (of many) responses to my humor was the question, "did you just attend comedy traffic-school?" (Never attended comedy traffic school!)



PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 477

15 Apr 2018, 8:23 pm

LostInEmulation wrote:
What is the difference between an extroverted and an introverted aspie?

The extroverted Aspie looks at your shoes when talking to you.


Haha. Yeah, I get that one. Any more? Like what are we if we're not talking to one another every day?
Like, yeah, 'We're Lost in Translation!'



Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Age: 80
Gender: Male
Posts: 223
Location: Laval, Qc. Canada

04 Jun 2018, 6:45 am

An Aspie walked into a night club...


_________________
Aspie. And proud of it!