Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2019, 2:27 am

I consider myself to be a very connected person to nature. In fact, I visited a number of forests many times, mostly alone, as I feel if I bring a friend or family with me they would ruin the silence and cause me to lose focus on nature itself and the trees, and so on.
This kinda reminds me of a time in our history, long before the Internet was invented, I would say back in the 1920's or so, even before World War 2.
There are still people like that these days, but a lot less than back in those days.
There are people who live in forests, or rural areas with forests nearby. For me, a forest is a good definition of nature, although nature isn't exclusively related to forests only. That's just how it is for me, personally, of course.
I know it's probably going to be impossible, but to go camping in a forest or something like that, that would be a very ideal experience.
About living in a forest, I think there are some people in the world who live like that, and from videos I have seen, it seems like they are quite happy in generally. It doesn't look like they are sad, or suffering.
At a certain point, however, I agree it can be depressing and too lonely and quiet sometimes. I wonder if there are any hotels located in the middle of a forest. That would allow for people to experience it without having to permanently live there.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:15 am

Noam2353 wrote:
I consider myself to be a very connected person to nature. In fact, I visited a number of forests many times, mostly alone, as I feel if I bring a friend or family with me they would ruin the silence and cause me to lose focus on nature itself and the trees, and so on.
This kinda reminds me of a time in our history, long before the Internet was invented, I would say back in the 1920's or so, even before World War 2.
There are still people like that these days, but a lot less than back in those days.
There are people who live in forests, or rural areas with forests nearby. For me, a forest is a good definition of nature, although nature isn't exclusively related to forests only. That's just how it is for me, personally, of course.
I know it's probably going to be impossible, but to go camping in a forest or something like that, that would be a very ideal experience.
About living in a forest, I think there are some people in the world who live like that, and from videos I have seen, it seems like they are quite happy in generally. It doesn't look like they are sad, or suffering.
At a certain point, however, I agree it can be depressing and too lonely and quiet sometimes. I wonder if there are any hotels located in the middle of a forest. That would allow for people to experience it without having to permanently live there.

Usually, there aren't any hotels in a forest by itself, at least where I'm from.
There's a hostel in a forest in Georgia, USA.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:22 am

I live in a swamp and forest. I never get lonely. I love being alone.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:36 am

^^^
In a house?

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 9:27 am

650 square feet.

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2019, 1:29 pm

Well, the matter is... I don't understand how the very few people in the world who live in a forest, how do they, if at all, stay in touch with the rest of the world, especially big crowded cities, and if they ever want to visit at some point a bigger city, they gotta deal with a very long trip to get there, and then return back to the forest.
If anyone here really lives in a forest, or knows where there are people not too far away who live in a forest, I'd love to see what it looks like, more or less. When you google for pics like these, I couldn't find anything very realistic enough to give me a good enough of a view.
With the smartphones these days, I don't think forest people live in the forest or a rural forest-like area, without a smartphone. They can probably take a few pics within minutes and send them to me, if they agree to do that, of course.
Other than that, I think even living in a rural, small town in the middle of nowhere - as isolated as this might be, it can be a relaxing experience. To live there permanently - I don't know, it might be difficult, but to visit for a number of days - I'd love to do that at some point.
You guys have went for a walk in a forest lately? How was it, if so?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 1:34 pm

I'd go to forests and never see any birds.

I grow a huge flower garden and now the birds and butterflies come to my yard

bhawk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2019, 3:53 am

I left home when i was 16 and lived on site at work, it was in the middle of a large arboretum, its an absolutely stunning place! plus my main workplace was in an old walled garden. There was a victoria plum tree by the boobook owl, a grape vine in the vultures aviary, figs growing just outside the weighing room door, pears by the caracara's, cherries next to the scops owls, apples by the brahminy kite. i remember it so well. Even though it was 16 years ago!
I know many do not like hunting, but i have always found hunting with the animals to be a true part of nature. Hunting for many is not about the death. The best flights i have ever witnessed, the ones that always stand out in my memory are the ones where the bird and its prey are truly even matched, where the prey succeeds in evading the bird and goes on to live another day. A true show of natures athleticism. At the same time though, those who do not succeed in evasion, soon end up as food for myself and the animals. It is a beautiful relationship with nature, as nature intended.
I love nothing more than being out in the fields on a cold frosty morning, no one for miles. absolute serenity.