What do you like the most about WrongPlanet?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What do you like the most about WrongPlanet?
Making new friends. 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Participating in forum discussions. 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Having a place to spend my free time on with other people. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Lurking. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Learning new things. 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
Take out my frustration or depression. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Other. 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 23

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 6:58 pm

Because there are people like me here and I've never had that before, so I voted "other".

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 7:04 pm

Magna wrote:
Because there are people like me here and I've never had that before, so I voted "other".

Me, too. And learning new things and seeing other perspectives.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 10:28 pm

I like reading peoples stories and threads and posting in them. I like to support my fellow members when bad things happen in their lives with Sweet Pea hugs. I like to learn things from and about all the members.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Aug 2019, 11:58 pm

I cant decide cuz I really like all that stuff except maybe for the lurking. I felt all that stuff helped me learn, grow, & mature some. As a result I feel much better about myself & place/situation in life. I also met my 2nd & current girlfriend on this forum which helped me out aLOT.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Aug 2019, 12:05 am

nick007 wrote:
I cant decide cuz I really like all that stuff except maybe for the lurking. I felt all that stuff helped me learn, grow, & mature some. As a result I feel much better about myself & place/situation in life. I also met my 2nd & current girlfriend on this forum which helped me out aLOT.

That's fantastic! There can be few better testimonials. There are one or two other members around who could take heart from that!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 3:25 am

Feeling welcome, and also like what has been mentioned above about feeling there are others like me. (And I don't know if I am on the spectrum or not. But I do know that certain things I can fully relate to, even if in a less intense way).

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 6:07 am

blazingstar wrote:
And learning new things and seeing other perspectives.

This for me too. I really like reading some of the most insightful, well-written posts, on occasion from people with very different views or backgrounds/experiences!

I also really enjoy the idiosyncratic sense of humour a few people here have.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 12:13 pm

I would list:

* Participating in forum discussions. Internet forums (such as WrongPlanet.net) offer organized formats to classify topics, and posts; as well as providing important statistical information i.e., number of threads, number of posts, and number of reads (or views). Such statistical content is helpful in deciding WP posting decisions. Sometimes, statistics can yield astounding (often overlooked) insights.

* Other: Encouraging grassroots efforts to both boost awareness of the Autism Spectrum (esp. with thoughtful NTs), as well as encouraging the development of resources helpful to HFA.

Please understand my concerns (and quite a few of us on WP) we can be the change we need to see in the HFA world!" After all, let's not continue to "spin our wheels!" It's alot less difficult than we think to be these changes - yet it can be challenging (albeit a healthy challenge) to step away from our computers/Smartphones to meet like-minded people!

Hence, much needed-experiences to discusss.......here on WP - and opportunities to like WP even more!

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 1:23 pm

Is there a similar discussion thread in the 'General Autism Discussion' forum?

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 5:29 pm

I like how my life has been gauged over time, progressions, downfalls, etc all that. WP is sortof like the place where different people go to sortof vent or relax, just be themselves, and it's a great forum. I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, not many people are! You're here to grow and learn!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 6:25 pm

I can actually be me, and the worst that happens is being ignored.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"