How do you feel about the large amount of threads recently?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Great. Keep creating threads. It's very helpful, and brings increased discussions for the forums. 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
It's okay, but I'm not very excited about it. 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Pretty bad, I think it's too much. I would say, slow down a little bit. 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Terrible. If you dont stop, I'm reporting you to a forum moderator. This is crazy. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2019, 10:23 pm

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 12:02 am

I voted for the second option. I suppose anything which could boost the level of activity on the site these days is to be welcomed.

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2019, 12:18 am

DeepHour wrote:
I voted for the second option. I suppose anything which could boost the level of activity on the site these days is to be welcomed.

I'm glad to hear thats what you think. For a moment it seemed to me like someone's going to be so angry at the amount of threads.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 3:20 am

If they get to much we can make a blanket.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 4:29 am

I hadn't noticed it to be anything out of the ordinary. Are we talking about spam, or just regular threads? I'm thinking this is just about normal threads rather than spam as I haven't seen a major influx of the prior recently. Then again, maybe I just haven't come in contact with it yet. I tend to find with forums that there are peak times in the year where there are spikes of activity and then a gradual fade as it balances out. Sometimes there is a lull where not many members are around. They'll probably be threads about that when it happens again.

Personally, I'll probably be fairly busy when I get back into University. So chances are they'll be less activity from me in nearby future until things start to calm down. However, I don't think I go too crazy with threads anyway (except for length, sometimes), so my absence probably won't have much of an impact. It'll be somewhat interesting to see what the level of activity will be during my next more active period of time. Assuming that I stick to regular patterns until I leave this site. However, I predict that when I do start to leave, my post count will probably gradually dwindle.

Edit: I've suddenly realised, based on the poll, that this is probably about the number of OP's recent threads. Well, in that case I think you can probably discard most of what I just wrote then. I thought we were talking about the number of threads on this site as of late in general, rather than just the OP's.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 9:23 am

The only threads that I didn't care for were the pages and pages of spam that once invaded the forums. Thankfully, that's gone now.

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2019, 12:19 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I hadn't noticed it to be anything out of the ordinary. Are we talking about spam, or just regular threads? I'm thinking this is just about normal threads rather than spam as I haven't seen a major influx of the prior recently. Then again, maybe I just haven't come in contact with it yet. I tend to find with forums that there are peak times in the year where there are spikes of activity and then a gradual fade as it balances out. Sometimes there is a lull where not many members are around. They'll probably be threads about that when it happens again.

Personally, I'll probably be fairly busy when I get back into University. So chances are they'll be less activity from me in nearby future until things start to calm down. However, I don't think I go too crazy with threads anyway (except for length, sometimes), so my absence probably won't have much of an impact. It'll be somewhat interesting to see what the level of activity will be during my next more active period of time. Assuming that I stick to regular patterns until I leave this site. However, I predict that when I do start to leave, my post count will probably gradually dwindle.

Edit: I've suddenly realised, based on the poll, that this is probably about the number of OP's recent threads. Well, in that case I think you can probably discard most of what I just wrote then. I thought we were talking about the number of threads on this site as of late in general, rather than just the OP's.

Well, yes, I apologize for not being clear enough to you about this. This is about my threads only, not about large amount of threads in generally around the forums. This is meant to be about my threads only.
I started about 30 new threads in the last week or so, if I count them correctly. So, I was just wondering if anyone's angry about that, or if it bothers anyone.
I created a lot of threads because I had a lot of subjects I wanted to talk about, and I wanted to hear what people think about various things. I had to create a thread for each subject separately, because you cant talk about 2 different things in one single thread. Every thread is supposed to focus on one subject.
If anyone's angry, please let me know. I will seriously take it into consideration. I dont want to piss anyone off.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 12:21 pm

It means we're an active and viable forum.

If people didn't create threads, we'd be dying a slow death.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Aug 2019, 12:19 am

I picked the 2nd option. I haven't been around quite as much the last few days so I haven't noticed a whole lot but I see no problems with the threads you started Noam & I posted in some of them. There were times when I made LOTS of threads in a short amount of time. They were complaining type posts thou. I had issues I was trying to deal with & I was trying to release frustration. I know it really annoyed some members especially on other forums probably cuz my threads were negative & a lot had the same kinda theme so it felt like a broken record to some.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition