Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 2:22 am

About 12.5 mph.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 2:39 am

if the answer to the universe is 42, what is the question?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 2:46 am

Where did my left hand sock go.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 2:49 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Where did my left hand sock go.

mebbe it went to the same place that your clothes hangers disappear to one at a time...

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 9:49 am

lostonearth,

True about the kittens. A kitten who is too passive and generally looking unwell may have distemper, a serious and often fatal condition if not addressed immediately.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 6:10 pm

A parrot dangling upsidown on his swing in his cage is probably not doing to good.

(My poor brother once had a parrot. He phoned my Mum to ask if it was ok. He said it was hanging upsidown from its swing. He said he tried swinging it, but it didn't seem to be moving. Poor thing had passed away. We foud out why. It was the fumes from those non stick frying pans as his cage was in the kitchen. He didn't think birds were sensitive to fumes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 12:48 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
A parrot dangling upsidown on his swing in his cage is probably not doing to good.

(My poor brother once had a parrot. He phoned my Mum to ask if it was ok. He said it was hanging upsidown from its swing. He said he tried swinging it, but it didn't seem to be moving. Poor thing had passed away. We foud out why. It was the fumes from those non stick frying pans as his cage was in the kitchen. He didn't think birds were sensitive to fumes.

I guess that your brother never heard of "canaries in a coal mine". The miners back in the day when bring caged canaries down into the mines with them to as a living alarm bell against trapped gases leaking in the mine. Birds metabolize faster than humans and so are more sensitive to fumes, so if the miners saw the canaries keel over they knew to get out of the mine ASAP.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 6:40 am

why don't more people like to eat seaweed? :scratch:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 9:56 am

AuntBlabby we have probably eaten seaweed without even realizing it. There is a substance called carrageenan that comes from edible red seaweed that is used to thicken many food products and keep their ingredients from separating, like peanut butter and ice cream. :chef: It's also used as a vegan/vegetarian substitute in things like gelatin desserts.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 5:31 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
AuntBlabby we have probably eaten seaweed without even realizing it. There is a substance called carrageenan that comes from edible red seaweed that is used to thicken many food products and keep their ingredients from separating, like peanut butter and ice cream. :chef: It's also used as a vegan/vegetarian substitute in things like gelatin desserts.

Interesting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 5:36 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Why do some Christians think drinking alcohol is wrong if Jesus supposedly turned water into wine?

Wished I had thought to ask grandma that question when she was alive. We always had to hid the liquor in the liquor cabinet when she came to visit.

When you tickle yourself your nervous system receives signals from both end the finger doing the tickling and from the spot on your body that you're tickling. So it cancels out, and you don't giggle. That's just my theory.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 2:16 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

thank you for that news i can use :study:

another strange question-
why don't more people clamor for spaghetti-and-meatballs ice cream? or roast beef and gravy ice cream :chef:

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2019, 1:08 pm

If space is a vacuum, who changes the bag?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 2:09 pm

Space50 wrote:
If space is a vacuum, who changes the bag?

Bagpuss.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 12:56 am

why won't gizmodo let me post or do anything on their site despite me being a member?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 11:23 am

Why is it that some guys think women need to stay in a household kitchen and cook them meals and make them sammiches or whatever, but they don't think a women can work and cook meals as a chef in a high-quality restaurant kitchen?

I understand that being a real chef is stressful, but if a women can spend hour after hour in labor pushing something about the size of a watermelon through an opening the size of a dime...

:chef: