Shy boy is arrested for touching a girl

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

beady
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 12:42 pm

It must be quite rare that a person navigates the world all the way through high school and into University without understanding the basic tenet that YOU DON'T TOUCH PEOPLE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
If this young man is lacking in social skills to this extent, it may be unwise to allow him to wander unattended. He may have encountered someone who responded to his unwanted attention in much more violent manner but he seems to have chosen carefully.
This is especially worrisome as this young man ( an adult, not a boy) staked out this young woman's path not once but twice in what sounds like an uncrowded area. There were no witnesses?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 2:30 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
Do not step on the grass is hard to understand... or at least, I've never really understood the point of that rule.
It’s just like the “Do Not Touch The Women” rule — you don’t have to understand why, you just have to obey!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:41 am

beady wrote:
It must be quite rare that a person navigates the world all the way through high school and into University without understanding the basic tenet that YOU DON'T TOUCH PEOPLE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
If this young man is lacking in social skills to this extent, it may be unwise to allow him to wander unattended. He may have encountered someone who responded to his unwanted attention in much more violent manner but he seems to have chosen carefully.
This is especially worrisome as this young man ( an adult, not a boy) staked out this young woman's path not once but twice in what sounds like an uncrowded area. There were no witnesses?

Exactly. In that sense one could say that the man's parents (or whoever his legal care taker is) could be held responsible too for letting him wander around.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Oct 2019, 12:19 am

The thing that really concerns me is that there were two incidents & she told him Stop the 1st time. If this guy really didn't understand he was being inappropriate the 1st time & needed to try repeating the process, he is a threat to others & should NOT be allowed out in public by himself. I'm also wondering if he produced evidence in court of where online he read that you should touch a woman's arm & waist or chest when trying to make friends. I'm willing to bet that if he did not produce that evidence, he is making this up & if people buy that, I have some swamp land I'd LOVE to sell em.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition