Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Garnettoi71
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Dec 2019, 3:27 pm

Hey all

I wasn't really sure where to put this tbh so I apologise in advance to any mods if any moving needs doing. I'm wondering if anyone on here has managed to pass their driving tests (preferably UK and recently but all advice is appreciated) and if so what steps did you do to overcome any difficulties you encountered? I'm practically neurotypical in all other respects of my life, in the sense that I'm independent, holding down a job whilst studying at university, got a partner etc but I feel like the fact I still haven't passed my driving test is holding me back. I want to be able take myself and my girlfriend places without having to rely on public transport but I'm finding it difficult atm.

Any replies would be appreciated!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 5:28 pm

Video games

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Wales,UK Relationship: Single Interests: Trains AgeGroup: 40's FavouriteColor: Green Music: CyndiLauper Pets: Cats and Ducks

06 Dec 2019, 8:20 pm

Two things.
1. Practice via driving lessons.
2. Don't worry if you fail, as it is just a step on the ladder to success. Failure is not the end story. Is just a stepping stone on the way!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Wales,UK Relationship: Single Interests: Trains AgeGroup: 40's FavouriteColor: Green Music: CyndiLauper Pets: Cats and Ducks

06 Dec 2019, 8:48 pm

Best way to learn to drive?

In a car.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 8:54 pm

Preferably a simple, straightforward car, a smaller model such as a sedan, with nice windows so you can see out. Don't drive faster than your brakes can handle stopping.