Am I a riskgroup to get Corona virus? Please let me know

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2020, 4:49 am

Maybe there are people that know this here cause in my country it takes a month to get a doctor appointment in normal cases, which means it will take forever now which leaves me in a hopeless feeling.

I have had hashimoto disease almost 15 years, but they say "hypothyrodism" but I know it was autoimmune when I was diagnosed, I eat Levothyroxine daily, the blood samples has been steady for years with minor changes during stressful times. I also take Singulair for adult onset asthma, I got asthma during times with unknown mold in our apartment, I only take Singulair every other day and I dont need any other meds.
I'm under 40 years old and I selfisolate anyway, its what I do even if its no Corona but even more now. Im not over or underweight, Im not a smoker.

Am I riskgroup?

If anyone know the answer to this I would be very, very greatful.

Stay safe everybody

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2020, 4:57 am

Doesn't seem very bad to me but I'm not a doctor.
Self isolate, make art not to get insane and hope for the best :heart:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

ouinon2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2020, 6:04 am

alpacka wrote:
I also take Singulair for adult onset asthma, I got asthma during times with unknown mold in our apartment, I only take Singulair every other day and I don't need any other meds. Am I risk group?

Asthma is counted as a chronic respiratory disease and so you may ( depending on how much you are suffering from it at the moment ) be in the "increased risk" group. Apparently those with a chronic respiratory disease have a 6% - 8% risk of dying compared to that of others your age of 0.2%. Thyroid disorders are not mentioned as a risk factor. Wear a mask whenever you go out, wash your hands whenever been out, and stay home as much as you can manage.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2020, 6:08 am

(Moved from News and Current Events as that isn't the most suitable forum)

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ouinon2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2020, 6:12 am

How about Health and Fitness?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 6:20 am

I am at high risk from it. But I seriously doubt that I will get it. Being very careful of course. Like I am during any cold a flu season.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 1:41 pm

Hashimoto’s IS an autoimmune disorder and you may be in the high risk group then. I have regular under active thyroid. I take the same meds as you, but my type is not an autoimmune disorder.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 8:08 pm

I read an article from Europe that defined who they considered to be high risk. It read:

Age >65 years and/or underlying end organ dysfunction (lung, heart, liver,...), diabetes, coronaropathy, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), arterial hypertension.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2020, 12:09 pm

Thank you all for your responds. I'm not too sure if I am in a riskgroup or not but I do know that this illness can hit healthy people hard as well, especially with underlaying disease. I do hope you all are careful :heart: