Locked up with NTs only! Need autistic talk please!! !

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2020, 5:48 pm

It´s been 11 days since my mother decided that I was talking way too much and sent two huge men to bring me to a psych clinic. After the initial panic, now I am bored bored bored. And no other autistics around... NT talk all the time!! ! Anyone kind enough to say a word?

Edit: There is no reason for me to be here, really, other than mother not standing my autistic traits. My doctor says this is actually bad for me but she won´t listen!! ! He is trying to get me out of here but it takes time...
Edit2: Will provide details if anyone wants to share this. I mean, this is not right. Raise our voices!
Edit3: Computer access is limited to 30min at a time if machine is available. I might take some time to reply. I have no access to email, phone or social media. Wrong Planet is my only way to communicate with other autistics... I need to send a word to a friend in the UK but I can´t...

Edit4: My name is ............... You can find my pledge as an autistic advocate on International Badass Activists.

I need someone to comfort me"

Last edited by Feyokien on 15 Oct 2020, 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.: Removed identifying personal information

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:06 pm

Sorry to hear that :(

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2020, 6:10 pm

Catlover5 wrote:
Sorry to hear that :(

Thanks. Im crying just reading your reply. It means a lot. Thank you

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2020, 6:11 pm

lmhatahata wrote:
It´s been 11 days since my mother decided that I was talking way too much and sent two huge men to bring me to a psych clinic. After the initial panic, now I am bored bored bored. And no other autistics around... NT talk all the time!! ! Anyone kind enough to say a word?

Edit: There is no reason for me to be here, really, other than mother not standing my autistic traits. My doctor says this is actually bad for me but she won´t listen!! ! He is trying to get me out of here but it takes time...
Edit2: Will provide details if anyone wants to share this. I mean, this is not right. Raise our voices!
Edit3: Computer access is limited to 30min at a time if machine is available. I might take some time to reply. I have no access to email, phone or social media. Wrong Planet is my only way to communicate with other autistics... I need to send a word to a friend in the UK but I can´t...

I gotta go now. 30min are up

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:41 pm

This sounds like a scary and hard situation :( . I'm sorry your mother has done this.

Is there anything we can do to help? Would you like someone to contact anyone on social media for you?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:43 pm

Hello.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:50 pm

hope you feel better soon

i don't know why you are in hospital
however perhaps consider getting any psych doctors you speak with
to read up on ASD

especially meltdowns etc. if they are problems

as its an area that most doctors don't have a clue about
and lacking in understanding can potentially cause you to be given wrong meds
and mistreatment / neglect

tricyclic antidepressants at low doses have shown to help a lot of people
clomipramine good for troubled thoughts and ocd type of thoughts

doesn't increase noradrenaline that much
which is good as noradrenaline can cause increase in meltdowns due to hypersensory issues many people with asd has

good luck

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 5:13 am

madbutnotmad wrote:
hope you feel better soon

i don't know why you are in hospital
however perhaps consider getting any psych doctors you speak with
to read up on ASD

especially meltdowns etc. if they are problems

as its an area that most doctors don't have a clue about
and lacking in understanding can potentially cause you to be given wrong meds
and mistreatment / neglect

tricyclic antidepressants at low doses have shown to help a lot of people
clomipramine good for troubled thoughts and ocd type of thoughts

doesn't increase noradrenaline that much
which is good as noradrenaline can cause increase in meltdowns due to hypersensory issues many people with asd has

good luck

Hi. Thank you for your message! I dont think they understand ASD very well, apart from one psychologist who is trying to learn and seems to listen to me, dimming the lights at his office and speaking very low. They putme on meds that are not very good for me, I tried to argue but they will not change them, and if I refuse to take them, they will force me. I don´t really know why I am here either. All I know is that my mother was getting very annoyed with me (I don´t know why, I asked but she wouldn´t answer) and was threatening to do this. I didnt think she really meant it, but here I am now. I will talk to the doctor tomorrow about the options you mentioned. Thank you so much!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 5:18 am

I hope all goes well.

Could it be a future option to live somewhere else? I mean.. If your Mum feels she can't cope with something then maybe if you have a future option of living with someone else may help? It is not to cause bad feeling.

But do not worry. I know it is not easy but see if you can find something enjoyable to get the most out of things.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 13 Oct 2020, 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 5:23 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
This sounds like a scary and hard situation :( . I'm sorry your mother has done this.

Is there anything we can do to help? Would you like someone to contact anyone on social media for you?

I am thinking about a few ppl Id like to contact but I dont know the exact links. I will try to think of a way. Thank you!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 5:34 am

(I hope I have not said the wrong things as I am hopeless at advice).

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 6:08 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Not at all! You are right. I am already looking for options and ways to live elsewhere. I don´t think I can live with my mother anymore. Your reply was reassuring. Thank you <3

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 7:20 am

lmhatahata wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Not at all! You are right. I am already looking for options and ways to live elsewhere. I don´t think I can live with my mother anymore. Your reply was reassuring. Thank you <3

And don't worry. It does not mean you don't get to see your Mum.
Another solution could be holidays where you normally live at home but then during the difficult times, you can have a little holiday elsewhere somewhere so that you are all happy.
Whatever the best solution for you all I really want it all to work so you can all smile again and be happy!

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 10:13 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
lmhatahata wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Another solution could be holidays where you normally live at home but then during the difficult times, you can have a little holiday elsewhere somewhere so that you are all happy.
Whatever the best solution for you all I really want it all to work so you can all smile again and be happy!

Thank you. I have a friend who is a lawyer and was able to contact me one time only. She is also an advocate for autistic rights and is quite concerned with my health. I know she is trying her best, without causing any harm to my mother. I am still lucky enough to have some good ppl in my life but it hurts not to be able to speak to them. Your messages made it a bit easier <3

lmhatahata
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 10:14 am

lmhatahata wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
lmhatahata wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Thank you. I have a friend who is a lawyer and was able to contact me one time only. She is also an advocate for autistic rights and is quite concerned with my health. I know she is trying her best, without causing any harm to my mother. I am still lucky enough to have some good ppl in my life but it hurts not to be able to speak to them. Your messages made it a bit easier <3

Actually, a *lot* easier! thanks!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 10:21 am

Keep cheerful. Are there other people where you are to talk to who want to chat?