Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 11:07 pm

Are you still having Halloween where you live?

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 4:11 am

My daughter was talking about this the other day. She has a six year old. for the life of me I can't remember if she said it was officially cancelled yet or not. I know haunted houses aren't doing anything this year. I don't know if trick or treat for kids is done across the board or just in certain counties. I'd be surprised if it isn't cancelled state wide. I live in Michigan and our governor has been pretty strict about things since the get go.

I love Halloween, but it would be impossible where I live for people to socially distance (if they even care to bother trying). We get so many trick or treaters that my neighborhood has police near intersections to keep traffic out of the side streets. It's chaos every year out there.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 4:48 am

Why don't we have a few Halloween themed threads on here? I was planning one for creepy/horror themed music videos so maybe others could contribute other things?

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 8:32 am

Do what I did as a kid & trick or treat your bubble.

(In my day wasn't my bubble was my grandparents but same principle, one house, get to dress up, get to do both the trick and get the treat, no nasty tricks, don't have to deal with strangers)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 8:39 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Are you still having Halloween where you live?
We haven't had Trick-Or-Treaters on my street in the last 3 years.  I don't know why.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 8:42 am

I haven't had a Trick or Treater since 2001. One of the joys of living in the sticks. :)

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 11:32 am

Frankly, all holidays should be cancelled. Every day should be an 18 hour workday. Work until you drop dead, then get back up and start working again.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 11:50 am

Meistersinger wrote:
Frankly, all holidays should be cancelled. Every day should be an 18 hour workday. Work until you drop dead, then get back up and start working again.
Your sarcasm is noted.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 11:52 am

Halloween is just another day for me anyway.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 11:56 am

Halloween 'trick or treating' was pretty much unknown in the UK until relatively recently. An American import, like High School Proms.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
Your sarcasm is noted.

I’m not being sarcastic.

Holidays and vacations are highly overrated.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:19 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
Your sarcasm is noted.
I’m not being sarcastic.  Holidays and vacations are highly overrated.
And the "work 'til you drop" part ... ?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:29 pm

We’re having Halloween in NYC.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
Your sarcasm is noted.

Until I ended up becoming disabled, that was the rule. There was a time I worked 1 full time and 2 part time jobs.

I had no choice. I was heavily in debt, underemployed, and people considered me to be a no-good, lazy-assed motherf!cker who didn’t deserve to live. As a matter of fact, a lot of people still consider me to be a lazy-assed motherf!cker that deserves to be dead.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2020, 3:56 pm

Why cancel just buy kids a Halloween mask and there you go they have a mask thus not breaking the mask mandate lol

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2020, 4:05 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
Your sarcasm is noted.

Until I ended up becoming disabled, that was the rule. There was a time I worked 1 full time and 2 part time jobs.

I had no choice. I was heavily in debt, underemployed, and people considered me to be a no-good, lazy-assed motherf!cker who didn’t deserve to live. As a matter of fact, a lot of people still consider me to be a lazy-assed motherf!cker that deserves to be dead.

My wife who is AS her dad has never accepted she was disabled enough to not be able to hold a job. He doesn't like the fact I take care of her that she shouldn't rely on me even though I am the most loyal NT guy around who would never abandon her
First he started my giving me gift cards for my birthday and Christmas and would not do anything for her saying I got something because I worked once he found out I was giving her the gift card he stopped giving me anything. He never calls her or talks to her now he didn't even want to give her his new number.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny