Page 1 of 39 [ 617 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 10:25 pm

I am legitimately interested in hearing as far out as far out can get in terms of people's theories on this. Please direct if there is a better place that this thread can go aside from Getting To Know Each Other.

I will start. It seems likely to me that humanity is a seeded intelligence of a higher life source that came to the planet a few 100,000 years ago and has assisted man in his evolution. I am also current on the Anunnaki theories about humanity being a type of slave race that is here on this planet to assist in extracting its valuable minerals for our slave masters the Anunnaki. I am also up to date on the lizard people theories as well. If anyone wants to go in extreme detail on any of these, please be my guest. If there are other theories by all means have at it. I have watched a few videos from "The Disclosure Project" founder Steven Macon Greer. Just curious if this is a curiosity limited to me or if this is a broadly defined interest of most Aspies. Lord King of all the Aspies, Gary McKinnon, clearly shares this fascination.

If you don't believe in aliens, that's great not sure why you opened this thread and why you would feel the need to post.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 1:47 am

Alien anal probing was a coverup story for unethical human experimentations by the establishment. 8)

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 4:21 am

Not much interest in aliens here. I'm still traumatised from James Cameron's Aliens movie. But, please enjoy your speculations

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 5:37 am

"Theories."

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 5:48 am

Is it not more then a co-incidence that UFO's sightings just so happen to be near various governments secretive testing areas?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:07 am

adromedanblackhole wrote:
I am legitimately interested in hearing as far out as far out can get in terms of people's theories on this.
First of all, a Principle is a Theory that has been proven repeatedly and is accepted as Truth; a Theory is an Hypothesis that has been proven; an Hypothesis is an idea that may be provable; and an idea is a concept or opinion that may or may not be provable at all.  Thus, your "Theories" (which follow) are nothing more than ideas derived from mythology and woo-woo websites.
Please direct if there is a better place that this thread can go aside from Getting To Know Each Other.
Follow this link.
I will start. It seems likely to me that humanity is a seeded intelligence of a higher life source that came to the planet a few 100,000 years ago and has assisted man in his evolution.
Evidence, please?
I am also current on the Anunnaki theories about humanity being a type of slave race that is here on this planet to assist in extracting its valuable minerals for our slave masters the Anunnaki.
Evidence, please?
I am also up to date on the lizard people theories as well. If anyone wants to go in extreme detail on any of these, please be my guest.  If there are other theories by all means have at it.  I have watched a few videos from "The Disclosure Project" founder Steven Macon Greer.  Just curious if this is a curiosity limited to me or if this is a broadly defined interest of most Aspies. Lord King of all the Aspies, Gary McKinnon, clearly shares this fascination.
You believe that space aliens are our masters.  We get it.  You also have no valid empirical evidence to back up your claims.  We get that, too.
If you don't believe in aliens, that's great not sure why you opened this thread and why you would feel the need to post.
Finally, you seem to want skeptics to stay out of this discussion.  That is simply not going to happen.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:10 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Is it not more then a co-incidence that UFO's sightings just so happen to be near various governments secretive testing areas?

Bingo! :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:14 am

Fnord wrote:
Finally, you seem to want skeptics to stay out of this discussion.  That is simply not going to happen.

Bingo! :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:16 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Is it also not more than a coincidence that most other alleged UFO sightings were made by people whose senses and reasoning were impaired in some way? (i.e., By alcohol, drugs, fatigue, et cetera).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:29 am

UFO "theorists" seem to realize how easy it is to find support for their ideas when they systematically exclude alternatives from consideration (called "Resisting Falsification").  However, their methods always follow those employed by conspiracy theorists -- assumptions, bias confirmation, circular reasoning, connecting the dots, et cetera -- and does not follow any establish forensic method.  In fact, belief in UFO theories is generally based not on evidence, but in the faith of the believer.

It seems that interest in UFOs is more of a religion than a science.

Last edited by Fnord on 06 Oct 2020, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:34 am

Fnord wrote:
UFO "theorists" seem to realize how easy it is to find support for their ideas when they systematically excludes alternatives from consideration (called "Resisting Falsification").  However, this support always follows the same methods employed by conspiracy theorists -- assumptions, bias confirmation, circular reasoning, connecting the dots, et cetera -- and does not follow any establish forensic method.  In fact, belief in UFO theories is generally based not on evidence, but in the faith of the believer.

It seems that belief in UFOs is more of a religion than a science.

It's government propaganda that is meant to be believed by some, 8) to muddy the waters.
Just a theory, err, I mean hypothesis, err, I mean idea, err,... :mrgreen:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:39 am

Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Is it also not more than a coincidence that most other alleged UFO sightings were made by people whose senses and reasoning were impaired in some way? (i.e., By alcohol, drugs, fatigue, et cetera).

Some, but I have seen a few things, but also just so happen to live near such a testing area so it is hardly surprizing. I would love to do such experiments but I would be too excited to keep it a secret! Haha! Also, I would not want to kill anyone and I hate sudden loud bangs! But the fun of being allowed to dream up ideas and to see if they work would be cool. (Shame it is a lot of work one must do before one gets to try out these ideas!)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 8:53 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Some, but I have seen a few things, but also just so happen to live near such a testing area so it is hardly surprizing. I would love to do such experiments but I would be too excited to keep it a secret! Haha! Also, I would not want to kill anyone and I hate sudden loud bangs! But the fun of being allowed to dream up ideas and to see if they work would be cool. (Shame it is a lot of work one must do before one gets to try out these ideas!)
I have seen a few strange things, too.  But to see a bright light streak across the sky and explode, and think that it is more than a meteor, a missile test, or a re-entrant satellite takes a mind that is a little too prone to fantasy.  I mean, current UFO/Space Alien mythologies often include entire alien civilizations, including science, economics, political organizations, and inter-alien relationships -- all derived solely from seeing a moving light in the sky or looking at a blurry blob in a photograph.  No artifacts, no first contact, and no real "alien autopsies" to be examined by reputable scientists.

Belief in this whole UFO/Space Alien mythology is more of a religion than a science -- if any real science is involved at all.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 9:14 am

I saw a satellite on its return some time back. I had no idea what the thing was, but the person I was with had one of those apps where you point your phone to the sky and it tell someone you what you're looking at. That was how my most recent UFO sighting became identified. :lol: thank you phone app. I didn't think it was aliens or anything before but it sure wasnt a helicopter, plane, star or planet. It was weird.

As for the original topic, I don't discredit the idea that aliens are out there. I think it's narrow minded to think they aren't. I mean, I can't wrap my head around how big the vast expanse of everything is. Can anybody? Is there life out there? Probably. Is it life like I would understand it? Who knows. Maybe a bit of yes, and a bit of no. I don't have any notions about the intent or agendas of aliens, regardless of if they involve humans or not. So in that way I don't have much else to contribute. Hopefully you'll find someone who shares that interest, OP.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 9:24 am

There is no reason to suppose that space aliens do not exist.  However, to believe that they not only exist, but that they are meddling in the day-to-day affairs of people on Earth should require much more proof than a few lights in the sky, some blurry photographs, and people with over-active imaginations.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 9:57 am

I use a process of elimination in that I will first gather all the evidence I can find however obsurd it may be and then process it.