Page 2 of 33 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2020, 11:05 am

Thank you for your input. This thread was not started to convince anyone of anything. Not interested in debating with skeptics. Referenced what I already follow to avoid a repetition of that information.

adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2020, 11:16 am

Fnord wrote:
There is no reason to suppose that space aliens do not exist.  However, to believe that they not only exist, but that they are meddling in the day-to-day affairs of people on Earth should require much more proof than a few lights in the sky, some blurry photographs, and people with over-active imaginations.

It would appear you are unfamiliar with Steven M Greer and the disclosure project. This thread is not for you.

Babear
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2020, 11:19 am

I think that even if we are not seeded intelligence that aliens might just watch us no probing no abduction just watching

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Oct 2020, 11:22 am

You'll find our Mr Fnord pretty overzealous in his desire to have evidence in support of anything he reads. The phrase "evidence please" is like a hashtag or meme with him! He would certainly have clicked on this thread so he could express his own skepticism about such ideas.

I'm open to the ideas you presented. I'm not saying they're definitely true but I am always willing to listen. Michael Tellinger is a South African pharmacist, politician and writer who espouses the ancient alien theory and the ideas of Zecharia Sitchin. You may have heard of Tellinger. He believes in the flow of free resources across society; thus: a complete restructure of current political and economic policies.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2020, 11:26 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
"Theories."

Thank you for the semantic differentiation between the accepted term within a scientific context and its general usage. You will have no time on your hands visiting various websites that purport to share "conspiracy theories" by making this same distinction for them.

Definition of theory
1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena
the wave theory of light
2a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action
her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory
in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all
3a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b : an unproved assumption : CONJECTURE
c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject
theory of equations
4 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art
music theory
5 : abstract thought : SPECULATION
6 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

What a great way to spend your time

adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2020, 11:30 am

envirozentinel wrote:
You'll find our Mr Fnord pretty overzealous in his desire to have evidence in support of anything he reads. The phrase "evidence please" is like a hashtag or meme with him! He would certainly have clicked on this thread so he could express his own skepticism about such ideas.

I'm open to the ideas you presented. I'm not saying they're definitely true but I am always willing to listen. Michael Tellinger is a South African pharmacist, politician and writer who espouses the ancient alien theory and the ideas of Zecharia Sitchin. You may have heard of Tellinger. He believes in the flow of free resources across society; thus: a complete restructure of current political and economic policies.

It's an interesting position to not familiarize oneself with the evidence and claim there is no evidence. This is a hobby of mine, I'm not an evangelist or interested in convincing anyone of anything.

I know that Gary McKinnon who hacked 97 US Military and NASA computers was on the hunt for red October in search of evidence of a broader global government collusion to suppress free-energy and contact with extraterrestrial or even extra dimensional life forms. It is legend in terms of what he found.

Ooo thank you! Yes this is why I started this thread I will be looking into the sources you provided in more detail

Last edited by adromedanblackhole on 06 Oct 2020, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Oct 2020, 11:45 am

Here's a link to a book he wrote (I haven't got it myself but skimmed through a friend's copy some years ago):

https://www.loot.co.za/product/michael- ... x-200-g500

Such theories would also serve to explain why such things as homosexuality were frowned upon, as this would limit reproduction of a species initiated to serve as slave labour.

my blog:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Oct 2020, 11:47 am

https://michaeltellinger.com/

my blog:

adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2020, 11:54 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Here's a link to a book he wrote (I haven't got it myself but skimmed through a friend's copy some years ago):

https://www.loot.co.za/product/michael- ... x-200-g500

Such theories would also serve to explain why such things as homosexuality were frowned upon, as this would limit reproduction of a species initiated to serve as slave labour.

I'm not entirely sold on the slave concept, just it's something I've encountered before - but yes that would make sense for the aversion against homosexuality. Separate idea but not so dissimilar: this mighty God figure that made contact with a small tribe of Hebrews in the desert was also not fond of homosexuality because it didn't lead to procreation has a feel of a contact narrative as well. The idea that the Hebrews would become this one God figure's servants, and this God figure wants them to reproduce as much as possible because these people bear His name. It's just a little, hmm.

My background in Native American studies makes it very difficult to not give credibility to their perspectives in how they've been preyed on quite literally by the industrial system. It's not uncommon to hear them reference "The Destroyers" and they're not talking about white people.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Oct 2020, 12:17 pm

6I am not as familiar as I should be with Native American culture. But my friend has always had a very special interest in them and once, years ago, had a special vision after reading the Dee Brown book Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee. It was very lucid and he wrote quite extensively about the incident.

He was open to the idea that he was a Native American in a former life, despite being a South African, since if reincarnation's a thing, it wouldn't be limited to a specific geographic area.

But learning the different folk legends from different cultures is fascinating.

my blog:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 12:40 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There is no reason to suppose that space aliens do not exist.  However, to believe that they not only exist, but that they are meddling in the day-to-day affairs of people on Earth should require much more proof than a few lights in the sky, some blurry photographs, and people with over-active imaginations.
It would appear you are unfamiliar with Steven M Greer and the disclosure project. This thread is not for you.
I am familiar with him, and many others like him.

While their charismatic presentations are impressive, their lack of factual evidence is not.

Unless this thread is locked, I will continue to post within it.

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 12:52 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I click on such threads because in my 50+ years of interest in this subject, I have yet to see any definitive proof of space-aliens among us, even though I still hold out some hope to be part of a "First Contact" team.

I am also open to new ideas presented as factual, but only if they are also supported with valid empirical data.  It is just that my standards for validity are much higher than those of your average conspiracy theorist or woo-woo practitioner.

nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,

adromedanblackhole
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2020, 1:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
adromedanblackhole wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I am familiar with him, and many others like him.

While their charismatic presentations are impressive, their lack of factual evidence is not.

Unless this thread is locked, I will continue to post within it.

Let me help you because you seem to be lacking the social finesse to understand the dynamics of what's been established:

This is a casual conversation for people with similar interests. From the beginning, a request was made for people from your position to show some restraint and not misuse their or other's time with offering skepticism that we're already familiar with. That would be just common courtesy. Not showing this common courtesy and refusing to leave is taking an adversarial position. Here's a suggestion: better uses for your time.

Thank you

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 1:21 pm

Why did I open this thread?

Well, I had never seen any of the History channel programmes about aliens and I genuinely thought that this... It was aliens... Meme was a Rob Schneider character.

Imagine my surprise when I found out he was a real guy.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Wales,UK Relationship: Single Interests: Trains AgeGroup: 40's FavouriteColor: Green Music: CyndiLauper

06 Oct 2020, 2:44 pm

I apologize. I did not realize this was a restricted thread.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2020, 2:46 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I apologize. I did not realize this was a restricted thread.
It is an open thread.  Post freely.