Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 6:52 pm

INTJ's are one of 16 different personality types. It is a very rare type. I am an INTJ. IMHO it is a very good personality type to be if you are an Aspie and several Aspies have this personality.

Some INTJs describe themselves in the following way, “We choose to be ourselves and not care what others think. Intellectually being an INTJ is fun as hell! When presented with relevant, challenging, and coherent problems/books/ideas then we go crazy theorizing! In some ways the INTJ is a mixture between a seasoned professor and a observant fun-loving child.” “our logic is almost never wrong” “If suddenly something captures our attention, we just have to know each and everything about it.” “We are self confident individuals who know our strengths and weaknesses.” “Ideas are our forte. We identify with our ideas.” “INTJs can usually be quite good at accepting constructive criticism, if the INTJ respects the person giving the criticism.” “Things like authority, rank, and seniority mean little to most INTJs. For better or for worse, if I think someone is wrong, I will say so, whether they be a colleague, a teacher, or the CEO of the company. What matters most to many INTJs is getting the correct solution; it doesn't matter who produces it.” “ I prepare thoroughly before giving a formal presentation.” “utter earnestness, sincerity, and thoroughness. And a systems-oriented, big-picture mind.” “We usually see things from a million perspectives.” “We can stay alone for a loooong time: because there is a party going on inside our heads. A 100 voices talking, debating with each other about the best course of action around something.” “I felt very alone and ostracized as a child and youth because I didn't value the same things other kids did, didn't act the way they did, was consistently at the top of any scored intellectual activity (which always makes you less popular), didn't know how to gain the acceptance of my peers and didn't quite have a language to describe these feelings to my parents or others.” “Super Human Analytical Skills. I rely on this instinct often and it serves me well. Usually my snap decisions and judgments are spot on and brutally harsh.” “I learn quickly, sometimes intuitively. I can ride a motorcycle, go to sleep, play a computer game or otherwise ‘turn off’ active thinking, and come back and sit down and know exactly how to solve extremely complex problems. It's not that I didn't think about it, but instead my mind thought about it for me.” “ I’m hardly ever bored, because there are worlds, inside worlds, inside worlds in my own head.” “I am also an intensely private person. Most of the time even my closest friends and family don't know exactly what I'm thinking about or feeling because I prefer to keep it to myself.”

I scanned several YouTube videos and selected a few that seemed true as an arrow.

At the moment I am trying to figure out how I became an INTJ. What is the secret sauce? If I knew that then perhaps I could pass this trait onto other Aspies and I feel it would be very beneficial especially if they learned this at a young age during their formative years. I can only come up with two thoughts.

First. I was allowed to expand my imagination. I lived in an age before there was the term ADHD and before young people were routinely prescribed medical drugs simple because they stared out the window and daydreamed.

Second, When I was young I practiced ventriloquism. I had my own dummy and learned to develop many voices in my head.

That is all I could come up with. If you are an INTJ could you self analyze and give me your perspective on this subject.