Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 1:18 pm

I got my stepdad some socks.

Could be an awful gift or a good one.

He always asks for socks (seriously). Apparently these ones are good for people with foot pain. He always has pain in his feet.

There aren't any decent deals even for chocolate so I can't find anything for other people who are a bit fussier in gifts.

I just use it most years to get gifts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 6:32 pm

No, and I think it is irresponsible to even have it this year with the global pandemic and all.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 6:40 pm

Tenuki wrote:
No!

And sometimes there are 'verkaufsoffene Sonntage' (normaly sunday shops are closed in my country, but some sundays there is a shopping event on sundays) which I boykott, too.

I think I hate shopping on normal day and even more when it try to be a 'activity', which is weird for some people :roll: but that's not my problem.

Guten tag.
Bist du Deutscher?

Friday is tomorrow, here, but I haven't any plans to buy anything, yet.
But I think I will after I give it some thought. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2020, 6:43 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Is anyone going to buy anything on Black Friday?

Much easier to find the few odds and ends I want online. I am not being fooled by the high street retailers claims of the prices being a "good deal" because often what they have on offer is not a new model, they've just bought a load of the old cheap and make it look like they're a good buy.

There is a lot of conning going on in retail, yes.
Double the price and give a 50% discount. lol :mrgreen:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 8:13 pm

I’ve already ordered some Christmas gifts online from early Black Friday sales & will order a bunch more today/tomorrow/this wknd. It’ll take care of probably 90%+ of my Christmas shopping - and who knows, maybe even all of it.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 9:20 pm

I bought some Christmas booze. Would have bought it anyway, so why not save some cash?

Not being conned into buying tat I don't need,though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 10:05 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
No, and I think it is irresponsible to even have it this year with the global pandemic and all.

Sales have mostly move online this year to avoid having lineups of people seeking door crasher items.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 12:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

I think it’s only online.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 12:24 am

Pepe wrote:
Tenuki wrote:
No!

And sometimes there are 'verkaufsoffene Sonntage' (normaly sunday shops are closed in my country, but some sundays there is a shopping event on sundays) which I boykott, too.

I think I hate shopping on normal day and even more when it try to be a 'activity', which is weird for some people :roll: but that's not my problem.

Guten tag.
Bist du Deutscher?

I have a friend that lives in Australia, she send me a stuff koala bear & a koala key chain. They don’t have Thanksgiving over there.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 1:13 am

I need to buy new pajamas, new towels, new sheets & socks, but I don’t want to spend alot of money.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 5:30 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

All mine was online.

My mum used to think online shopping was a slight risk but she's ok with it now as long as we disinfect packages.

Obviously it's irresponsible for physical shops to do it.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2020, 6:33 am

The thing I hate about Black Friday, is it is all kind of a scam. They artificially inflate prices before the event and then they tell you you are getting 30% off, even though that is the usual sale price. Guaranteed if you are buying something for Black Friday, go on the internet in January, I bet what you bought it for will be its usual price.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 7:10 am

holymackerel wrote:
The thing I hate about Black Friday, is it is all kind of a scam. They artificially inflate prices before the event and then they tell you you are getting 30% off, even though that is the usual sale price. Guaranteed if you are buying something for Black Friday, go on the internet in January, I bet what you bought it for will be its usual price.

January sales are ending and starting earlier year after year but surely if you look at the start of January it will be affected by the other sale?

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2020, 9:39 am

KT67 wrote:
holymackerel wrote:

January sales are ending and starting earlier year after year but surely if you look at the start of January it will be affected by the other sale?

This will be items not in the January sales. If January sales are still a thing anymore. There not really big like they were in the 90's.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 12:40 pm

holymackerel wrote:

This is where my special interest in prices pays off (pun intended) 8) . I monitor them throughout the year and so when they 'go on sale' I can scrutinize whether it's legit or not. Those slimy bastards can't pull one over on me :twisted: .

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 8:18 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tenuki wrote:
No!

Guten tag.
Bist du Deutscher?

I have a friend that lives in Australia, she send me a stuff koala bear & a koala key chain. They don’t have Thanksgiving over there.

Just as well, I don't like turkey meat. :mrgreen: