Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 5:51 am

Because you made it sound like you paid money not to have to play the game long enough to build the character up.. not that you used some type of collected/earned credits within the game.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 7:47 am

What difference would it make as long as I was happy with it?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 12:53 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:

You ever had a job and earned your own money?

People spend differently when it’s Real hard earned money vs Monopoly money tokens in a video game.

Also, video game credits can’t be used for real world meat space expenses like food/medicine/clothing/shelter - so you’re Supposed to waste those Mario coins within the game as part of the play.

There’s a big difference between spending real money on something silly and using virtual game units of currency within a game.

Personally, I’d find it wasteful to spend real money to not have to play a video game that I wanted to play - sort of defeats the purpose of playing the game and enjoying the journey of it. BUT, since it’s fake game money And you’re supposed to earn it to spend within the game And advancing a character’s mana hearts or whatever is part of what you can buy, then it’s not so silly, just a part of the game.

Big differences IMO.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 7:11 pm

How people spend money for entertainment isn't any of your business.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 2:25 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
How people spend money for entertainment isn't any of your business.

Doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion on it. So what? What does it matter what I or anyone else thinks? Do whatever you want, duh, but we’re still going to think whatever we think about it - If we even think anything of it at all.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 2:39 am

It's best to keep condescending opinions to oneself regarding other people's hobbies and forms of entertainment.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 3:34 am

I don’t play video games so I find Almost anything video game/virtual to be a waste of money because I don’t value those things.

I just bought new eyeglasses for $1237 and spent ~$600 at a few liquor stores in the last couple days. You may find my purchases to be a complete waste of money and that’s fine.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 3:46 am

What's not fine is being rude and condescending towards someone regarding their hobbies and forms of entertainment.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 11:30 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
What's not fine is being rude and condescending towards someone regarding their hobbies and forms of entertainment.

Who did that? :?

I said I think it’s silly to spend real money to avoid having to play video games to achieve whatever it is you’re supposed to do in them via playing the game.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 8:10 pm

You did that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 8:11 pm

I do mine online now. I got a few things.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 8:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

You ever had a job and earned your own money?

People spend differently when it’s Real hard earned money vs Monopoly money tokens in a video game.

Also, video game credits can’t be used for real world meat space expenses like food/medicine/clothing/shelter - so you’re Supposed to waste those Mario coins within the game as part of the play.

There’s a big difference between spending real money on something silly and using virtual game units of currency within a game.

Personally, I’d find it wasteful to spend real money to not have to play a video game that I wanted to play - sort of defeats the purpose of playing the game and enjoying the journey of it. BUT, since it’s fake game money And you’re supposed to earn it to spend within the game And advancing a character’s mana hearts or whatever is part of what you can buy, then it’s not so silly, just a part of the game.

Big differences IMO.

Pretty much every game out there is in store purchases. It just allows you to advance through the game faster, buy boosts and tries, buy money in the game, buy any extra stuff or buy early access to new levels. Plus you can tell when these companies are doing money grubbing by making it nearly impossible to complete something unless you spend real money in the game. I have seen Gameloft and Nintendo pull this one off. Honestly doing this just drives me away from the game. I quit Dr. Mario World for this very reason.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.