Page 5 of 15 [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 7:55 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I punch people who treat animals as lesser than humans, and act like humans are above animals and an entirely different thing. I already said I'd punch people who hurt animals, but this is different and pisses me off just as much as I think it is disrespectful.

Exactly the same here. It really aggravates me when people act like other creatures’ lives don’t matter, that it’s perfectly okay to, say, purposefully step on a spider just because it exists (outside, even). “Because it’s just a spider” is not a valid reason for why it has any less of a right to live than we do. I catch arthropods that have gotten inside and let them go outside (using a plastic cup if it’s something like a wasp or a stink bug), and move worms off the sidewalk so they don’t dry out or get stepped on.

I'll admit I kill spiders sometimes, but that's the only thing I'll kill and that's just because I am too scared to pick them up and I am also terrified they'll breed in my house (I kind of have an actual phobia of spiders). And when I do I feel terrible about it and am upset for the rest of the day. Everything else I don't want in my house or on my property I just pick up/catch with something and release it somewhere else.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 7:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i punch people who piddle on my leg but then tell me it's just raining.

Aw crap, you caught onto that? :oops: :P

in the army a hulking dude pissed on my leg in the barracks shower while laughing at me. army's full of people like that.

Whenever I hear about people in the military they sound... interesting.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 8:05 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i punch people who piddle on my leg but then tell me it's just raining.

Aw crap, you caught onto that? :oops: :P

in the army a hulking dude pissed on my leg in the barracks shower while laughing at me. army's full of people like that.

Whenever I hear about people in the military they sound... interesting.

"interesting" in the same manner as the ancient Chinese cursing their enemies with "may your children live in interesting times." a chaplain explained it to my brother when he was in Vietnam, "you just can't expect justice from an organization whose sole purpose is to commit mass murder."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 12:29 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I punch people who treat animals as lesser than humans, and act like humans are above animals and an entirely different thing. I already said I'd punch people who hurt animals, but this is different and pisses me off just as much as I think it is disrespectful.

I punch people who *don't* think animals are better than people. :twisted:

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 8:06 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Exactly the same here. It really aggravates me when people act like other creatures’ lives don’t matter, that it’s perfectly okay to, say, purposefully step on a spider just because it exists (outside, even). “Because it’s just a spider” is not a valid reason for why it has any less of a right to live than we do. I catch arthropods that have gotten inside and let them go outside (using a plastic cup if it’s something like a wasp or a stink bug), and move worms off the sidewalk so they don’t dry out or get stepped on.

I'll admit I kill spiders sometimes, but that's the only thing I'll kill and that's just because I am too scared to pick them up and I am also terrified they'll breed in my house (I kind of have an actual phobia of spiders). And when I do I feel terrible about it and am upset for the rest of the day. Everything else I don't want in my house or on my property I just pick up/catch with something and release it somewhere else.

When it comes to killing bugs, it depends on the bug in question for me. I kill mosquitos. They keep me up at night, drink my blood and make me all itchy and hide away when I turn the lights on. And when I finally manage to swat them dead they leave a great big blood splat on my wall. I kill silverfish too because they're icky, they eat paper and crawl into food packaging. I once had a bowl of cereal with silverfish in it. I hate them. I try to leave flies alone but kill them if they can't manage to get out of the house. Otherwise they'd just lay their eggs in the bin so it'll be crawling with maggots later.

Pretty much everything else I either leave alone or try to catch and put them outside. I like spiders and would never want to hurt one. Even bees and wasps I leave alone.

That said, I would punch anyone who kills bugs for fun.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 8:19 am

there are so many evil pols and their useful idiot/coattail-hangers-on supporters that i wanna punch. :x

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 8:24 am

Not so much punching more pounding anyone who thinks workplace bullying is OK.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 8:24 am

I punch my Diet Coke (put Hawaiian Punch syrup in it).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 8:29 am

i wanna punch our dysfunctional non-healthy non-caring non-system for systematically pricing me out of health care.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 6:57 pm

I punch a rude customer who I encountered at work yesterday!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 6:57 pm

i wanna punch the bejeez outta those clowns.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 7:00 pm

My mom, my NT sister, and I all punch once again scammers who pretend to be
Social Security agents who call us wanting contact information! :twisted:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

28 Jan 2021, 7:03 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I strengthen bees that's come in on storms. One gave me two pollen bags. Yum.
Feed them, protect them from spiders check the weather and release them when it's good. They go crazy in the morning in the plastic holey box wanting to fly. So stronk.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 7:21 pm

I punch people who I don't know who tell me that I am obsessed with losing weight! :evil:

Just yesterday, I visited a gym near my house and set up an appointment with an employee that will happen next Wednesday. Here's hoping that employee got my contact information right.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 12:27 am

I punch Andrew Wakefield.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 3:04 am

I punch people who make fun of me or look at me weird for rocking.