goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 11:49 am

1. Talking down to me.
2. Belittling me.
3. Insulting me.
4. Accusing me of lying.

Anyone else have this same cluster that fires them up and has them react.. unfavourably to people who do it?

Inspired by thinking about WHY the last 3 interactions I've had with a particular human have pissed me off. First one I told him I wasn't sure if he was being serious, trying to be funny, or trying to insult me - but the conversation is Over as it's not productive and I walked away. Second time was via text conversation, irritating, but less than in person. Third one I snapped and raised my voice at him and told him off for being going to Maximum Dickishness in his tone and words with me - which he bitched about & I told him flat out if he doesn't like my reaction he's gotta stop and think about what he's putting out/F off; doesn't bother me any not to have conversations with you unless absolutely necessary.

It's not so much the transcript of his words, as 70% of communication is body language and tone/vocal inflection etc, it's how he talks to me. Dude just doesn't get it. Then b*****s to others about how I respond to him. Lol tough s**t - couldn't care less if he doesn't like being told he's a dick - I'm Not accepting that every time he speaks to me he doesn't speak to convey knowledge, he speaks to put me down/belittle or insult me. Nope, not having it. Aaaaww, can't be in the same room as me? Suit yourself - do your thing solo in the middle of the night for all I care so long as you get your thing done and don't piss me off. :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 11:57 am

5. False accusations.
6. Stalking and harassment.
7. Willful ignorance (e.g., Stupidity).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 1:17 pm

People blatantly lying to me.
People being disrespectful particularly of people they have no clue about
People swearing in general particularly if uncalled for
People harming people intentionally

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 1:47 pm

1, 2 and 4 get me. Receiving insults doesn't usually get under my skin too much, I like games that involve trading the most creative and revolting insults imaginable so they don't really get to me.

Condescending or insulting tones might get to me though. I can accept a degree of condescension from people who have demonstrated themselves to be intellectually superior but I can't tolerate it from people who aren't my intellectual peer.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 3:05 pm

People belittling another or behaving in a condescending way . Usually seem to be displaying a high degree of ignorance to me, generally because ,it usually seems they did not understand the conversation or question .
And are not able make a competent response .

where ever you go ,there you are

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 3:45 pm

Jakki wrote:
People belittling another or behaving in a condescending way...
↑ This, especially when their "lofty perspective" is based on artificial standards like politics, religion, or both.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 3:51 pm

8. Whining by people who refuse to help themselves.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 4:23 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
8. Whining by people who refuse to help themselves.
They still set my teeth on edge, but I have learned to ignore chronic complainers.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 4:26 pm

I suppose reverse racism falls under #5 "false accusations". I get pretty pissed at that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 4:38 pm

Racism is racism, reversed, direct, or by proxy.

Being accused of racism for pointing out that a member of my own race is racist does set me off, however.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 5:55 pm

People hugging me, giving me the bro slap, especially without my permission(Everything about the pandemic is not bad, social distancing is a godsend)
Barking dogs

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 7:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
1, 2 and 4 get me. Receiving insults doesn't usually get under my skin too much, I like games that involve trading the most creative and revolting insults imaginable so they don't really get to me.

Condescending or insulting tones might get to me though. I can accept a degree of condescension from people who have demonstrated themselves to be intellectually superior but I can't tolerate it from people who aren't my intellectual peer.

This is much more what I mean & the exact problem with this individual person.

I can deal with actual insults.. but insulting my intelligence and being an arrogant condescending prick? f**k right off!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 8:15 pm

1. Being called stupid.

2. Chronic hypocrites.

repeat

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 8:30 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

This is much more what I mean & the exact problem with this individual person.

I can deal with actual insults.. but insulting my intelligence and being an arrogant condescending prick? f**k right off!

I know it's an emotional trigger for me and I'm sure I've let it show in how I respond when people do it here.

I know in person it I can't help but become aloof and contemptuous if someone insists on doing it. I'm not good at concealing those feelings.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 8:55 pm

The first time my reaction = saying "I'm not sure if you're serious, trying to be funny, or insulting.. but this conversation is over." and I walked away from him.

The second time was via text. So ridiculous. Easy enough not to get fired up/react.

The 3rd time, in person, my next interaction with him & I basically told him to f**k off. Like wtf? Why does every conversation with you have to be Maximum Dickishness and trying to start a confrontation over nothing? Why should my reactions be to walk away from you or tell you to f**k off? How about just stop being a total prick and we can have better interactions.

OR, suit yourself, never be here when I'm here and come be a ghost at night. Do your thing, get stuff done, and be gone before I'm here. Suits me just fine if you're such a dickhead you can't talk To people and convey information and you must talk Down to people and be a condescending prick that needs to be told in no uncertain terms that I'm not going to tolerate you talking to me like that. f****r. :lol:

I messaged to invite him to dinner if he wanted. No reply. Not particularly concerned if he doesn't want to respond to me. Can't say I didn't invite him.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 10:17 pm

Guys laughing at me and not believing me when I tell them I'm trans.

Being misgendered by people who have known me for years.

GoLo commercials

Strangers presuming that I'm Mentally Challenged because my hair is different.