Page 5 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Barby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2021, 8:29 am

I never understood why I don't like children. Only recently I realized that, most likely, the reason is deeper than it might seem at first glance.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2021, 8:55 am

Interesting topic. As a kid, I didn't particularly like other kids, since I found them loud and annoying.

But then I started figuring out adults and noticed that they are actually infinitely more worse than kids. Adults only pretend to behave because they have harder time getting away with being stupid. Sure, some annoying kids might be loud and steal your toy. But as soon as adult humans feel they can get away with it, they will not only steal all of your toys, they will torture you, rape you, maybe kill you for the heck of it, and to add to the insult, they will tell everyone that you deserve it and how awesome and loving they are by doing it... :3

So nowadays I actually feel sympathy for kids, because it is possible to actually find a nice kid, even if it's rare. But I never ever found a nice adult human... :3

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jul 2021, 10:22 am

StrayCat81 wrote:
Interesting topic. As a kid, I didn't particularly like other kids, since I found them loud and annoying.

But then I started figuring out adults and noticed that they are actually infinitely more worse than kids. Adults only pretend to behave because they have harder time getting away with being stupid. Sure, some annoying kids might be loud and steal your toy. But as soon as adult humans feel they can get away with it, they will not only steal all of your toys, they will torture you, rape you, maybe kill you for the heck of it, and to add to the insult, they will tell everyone that you deserve it and how awesome and loving they are by doing it... :3

So nowadays I actually feel sympathy for kids, because it is possible to actually find a nice kid, even if it's rare. But I never ever found a nice adult human... :3
I know what you mean. I'm generally much more willing to tolerate a kid or teen having issues & acting out of line than an adult. A lot of the times when a kid or teen is having major behavior problems it is at least partly due to the child's environment like their home-life, parents, their school, &/or the neighborhood. My mom is a retired teacher who mostly taught pre-K but she also taught 8th grade for the 2nd half of a year while a teacher was on maternity leave & mom also taught kindergarten for one year. Most all the kids mom had who had major issues also had $hitty parents &/or home-lives like the kid was staying with a different relative every week, or the moms would brag about telling their kid to give the teacher hell when he's getting on the bus, or the mom has a different boyfriend staying with her every month, or the parents would want my mom to fill out paperwork so a doc or psych would put the kid on medication like restricted ADHD stimulants & that the moms would very often "forget" to give their kids on school mornings. The moms would also usually get mad at my mom whenever their kid would be disciplined in any way. I was in trouble a lot at elementary school for things that were not really my fault but my mom & dad always let my teachers tell them what they believed happened & my parents tried to discuss it rationally with them. But my mom had some moms show up at school very pi$$ed off with her & they would start yelling without even giving my mom a chance to explain.

It seems like most of the adults we hear about these days are acting a hell of a lot worse than those parents. Political news is the worst. People are openly encouraging hatred & violence & the people at the top want everyone else to be sick & dying on the street so the mega rich can just get richer & the people in power can become more powerful. Being misanthropic is another reason I do NOT want kids. Our planet is dying because of us humans so our population should also be dying with it instead of rapidly increasing.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 12:04 pm

There's nothing wrong with disliking children, as long as you're not intending on causing any harm or being personal. Disliking children in general (but no child personally) is more common in adults than you may think and nobody is obliged to like everyone. I love the children/babies in my family or my friends' children.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 12:11 pm

It depends on the child.

In the past i always thought i disliked them but now i find it a lot easier to talk with small children. Children are open minded and honest and a lot more intelligent than adults think they are.

Barby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jul 2021, 2:20 pm

Perhaps this is due to the fact that people are very selfish by nature and this is very strongly manifested in activities, there are, of course, exceptions. But still, for the most part, this is so.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 2:36 am

Joe90 wrote:
Because children (age 1 year to about 5 years) are unpredictable and ruin shopping trips and meals in restaurants and traveling on public transport, for other people.

They always need to be heard and need attention.

The tone and pitch of their voices are impossible to ignore or filter out when you have autism or ADHD.

They have no motor skills, they run right into you in stores and touch you when standing in queues. Get it off!

They make everywhere seem like a zoo of monkeys.

They whine, whinge and yell and like to play their parents up, especially their mothers.

If noise could produce fuel, they would have the lungs to power a jumbo jet.

You have accurately described my daughter.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 3:07 am

I acknowledge that this is an ancient thread from the last year.

I hate children because they are noisy, uncontrollable, unpredictable and chaotic. Basically they are like dogs or some other animals. My having been a child in the past doesn't stop me hating children. I'm an adult now. Having said that, some children are good. They are quiet and considerate.

I've seen restaurants that have a sign at the entrance saying that children are only allowed if they behave themselves and they and their parents will be asked to leave if they can't.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 4:18 am

Quote:
I've seen restaurants that have a sign at the entrance saying that children are only allowed if they behave themselves and they and their parents will be asked to leave if they can't.

I've never seen this in restaurants where I come from but I wish they would do this. It seems that everywhere is family-friendly and everywhere you go you must put up with other people's kids. The only place you don't see kids is at night in pubs and bars, which are places I hate.

I live below a baby that doesn't stop crying so I can't even escape it in my own home. The only place I can escape the sound of kids is at work. I don't work in supermarkets or other public places because of toddlers. I can't stand them.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 11:24 am

Also they agitate me and they stare at you inappropriately.

Like today on the bus there was a guy with 2 kids, both under the age of 4 (as usual, always toddlers you have to endure), and they couldn't make up their mind where they wanted to sit, so they kept getting up and running around the front of the bus, making silly noises and messing about. One of them kept sitting in the seat in front of me and staring at me in the gap between the seats, even though I was looking at my phone and not making any sort of interesting movements or body language to amuse them. Having children stare at me if I don't know them just freaks me out. I like children that are shy and stay seated next to their parents and are taught manners.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 11:43 am

I love kids, I had two of them for breakfast this morning. :twisted:

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 7:48 pm

I don't like children because they are irritating, troublesome brats, especially teenagers. Also, I have had many negative encounters with the asshats.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:01 pm

I love children. Every life is a gift from God and God decides who's to live and who's to die. Children are full of life and happiness. They run around and laugh without a care in the world and I find that very refreshing.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm

Oh, this thread came back! I repeat, I hate children. Maybe we should have a zero-child policy.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:19 pm

It's not the children I hate, it's their parents who always glare at me as if I would hurt their child just because I'm a 30 year old socially awkard man with autism.

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2022, 11:50 pm

I do like children but I can't handle the sudden screaming because of my hearing sensitivity.