Veggie Food (Non Vegans/Non Vegetarians)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:03 pm

This is a question for the non veggies, since Veggie(both vegan/vegetarian) food has become really popular over the last maybe 10 years or so I've noticed a few people actually opting to buy some certain veggie products over your bog standard stuff eventhough they are still meat eaters.

For example I can only eat those Cauldron sausages now, they're so much nicer than regular sausages and no where near as fattening as the beef ones I normally get.

Sure I'll still have a cheese beef burger now and then but some veggie stuff is so much nicer because it's got more flavour in it.

This for example is a vegan bean burger and it's way more tasty to me than a normal one, maybe they do something extra to it? It's mainly just loads of seasoning I imagine.

This ones a chicken burger that literally doesn't taste that much different but there's some kind of texture in it that I find nicer than normal chicken? What is this sorcery? Has anyone else experienced this?

Not to mention when you're eating this stuff your poop comes out smoother than a mcflurry. :mrgreen:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 May 2021, 1:05 pm

Good vegan cuisine is good cuisine for me :) and I'm omnivorous.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 3:13 pm

Here in the 'States, We have a brand of vegetable-based "beef" called "Beyond".  Its flavor and texture are close enough to lean ground beef that it has become part of my weekly diet (Cheeseburger Saturdays! Yay!), yet it is all vegetable.  Even the red juices that run out during cooking are originally extracted from common plants.  The people who developed it should receive a Nobel Prize, in my opinion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 7:26 pm

I've been trying to become a full-fledged vegetarian for several years and whenever I go grocery shopping, I make an effort to purchase vegetarian or gluten-free foods.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 11:01 pm

I'd find it very hard to be a vegetarian. I love my meat too much.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 9:51 am

Fnord wrote:
Here in the 'States, We have a brand of vegetable-based "beef" called "Beyond".  Its flavor and texture are close enough to lean ground beef that it has become part of my weekly diet (Cheeseburger Saturdays! Yay!), yet it is all vegetable.  Even the red juices that run out during cooking are originally extracted from common plants.  The people who developed it should receive a Nobel Prize, in my opinion.

I think we have that brand as well, I vaguely remember seeing it in a supermarket. Is it this? I'll give it a try if so.

Because you're basically just eating plant proteins it must be really healthy for your gut at least. I did notice digestion-wise eating this kind of food I never ever have constipation or that bloated feeling of waiting for food to digest.