Have you gotten the COVID-19 shot?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 1:03 pm

I had worse (but still minor) side effects from my second Moderna vaccination.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 1:41 pm

Just got my second Moderna shot - stay tuned for further developments.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 1:43 pm

I've had both my Pfizer shots -- no real side affects to speak of.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 6:17 pm

Yes, received my final dose of vaccine last month.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 12:43 am

magz wrote:
I usually hear people have worse adverse effects after first dose of AZ and second dose of Pfizer/Moderna.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything good about AZ, but I believe it's less common here in the States anyway.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 12:46 am

I'm curious to know what the longest effect of a second Pfizer might be?

I know of people feeling crummy for a day or two, but has anyone had a longer / worse reaction?

Just planning ahead to August.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 12:57 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I know of people feeling crummy for a day or two, but has anyone had a longer / worse reaction?

Am pretty sure that at least one or two members here have, https://www.rocketryforum.com/forums/co ... forum.195/
The posts are visible without being a logged in member & there is a specific thread about vaccines.

Do note that several of our forum members are health care providers, including a physician who got vaccinated and then got covid.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 1:35 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Am pretty sure that at least one or two members here have, https://www.rocketryforum.com/forums/co ... forum.195/
The posts are visible without being a logged in member & there is a specific thread about vaccines.

Do note that several of our forum members are health care providers, including a physician who got vaccinated and then got covid.

Thanks so much. I'll have a look at it soon!

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 8:56 am

I wanted to be fully vaccinated because I volunteer as a leader in the Boy Scouts of America. I also understand the idea of Hurd Immunity - the more people who get vaccinated the more it slows down the spread from person to person - so if Joe is not vaccinated, but 90 percent of the people around Joe are vaccinated the odds of Joe getting the virus is small, because there are fewer people to carry it. It is like carbon rods in a nuclear reactor. The same goes for people who have had the virus and not died of it - they will develop a similar immunity and contribute to the Hurd immunity. It is not a nice thing to talk about but similarly people who get the virus and do die of it can no longer be carriers and also contribute to the Hurd immunity. This is tragic and if you have lost someone close to you please accept my sincerest condolences. Clearly the vaccination route is the way to go if you have any choice. Eventually you have a situation where the virus has very little chance of spreading from person to person even if you do not have 100 percent of people immune. So another reason I wanted to be fully vaccinated was to help contribute to Hurd immunity for the community at large. Also the side effects of the vaccine should be lower than the effects of getting the virus - which might just be deadly for me.

Today my left arm hurts where I was shot yesterday (second Moderna shot) and I am feeling fatigued even though I have had tea (one cup of hot tea and two glasses of iced tea). I was a bit nauseous when I got up, but only vaguely. I will take two Tylenol and keep pushing the tea today.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 10:16 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

It's hard to keep track. The support groups I'm in are on Facebook, so you'll hear "I've been feeling awful for two weeks." and then no updates. Or you'll miss the updates because it's social media. Or you won't realize it's an update because there are so many members, you don't remember who's who. And most people don't state which shot they got unless you ask them (and then only maybe).

But I mean, obviously the worst reactions are from people who've died from the vaccines =(
Though it is super, super rare, so it's not something I worry about.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 12:41 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

It's hard to keep track. The support groups I'm in are on Facebook, so you'll hear "I've been feeling awful for two weeks." and then no updates. Or you'll miss the updates because it's social media. Or you won't realize it's an update because there are so many members, you don't remember who's who. And most people don't state which shot they got unless you ask them (and then only maybe).

But I mean, obviously the worst reactions are from people who've died from the vaccines =(
Though it is super, super rare, so it's not something I worry about.

Wow - so true. Thanks for the reminder. I have big plans within a week of my second jab and it just dawned on me that I might not be feeling well.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 12:42 am

I'm trying to get on the list. I'm hoping it helps my lungs feel less miserable.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 12:05 pm

I’ve just received my 2nd covid shot this afternoon(AstraZeneca). I was told today by the nurse that the side effects I’ve had are pretty common and I can have physical therapy for it.(Shoulder pain/muscular that can be pretty intense and is still with me from the first shot). I’ve been doing my own form of therapy for it - swimming.

My daughter(AS & has autoimmune disorder MG) is a Therapist. She had her 2nd shot a week ago and was diagnosed with covid for a 2nd time 2 days later. She struggled to breathe and was in a very bad way when she first had covid. She got through it, but recently started providing Trauma Therapy at an Academy with young children. Highly likely that this is where she contracted the 2nd lot of covid, she’s now battling.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 12:19 pm

Juliette wrote:
I’ve just received my 2nd covid shot this afternoon(AstraZeneca). I was told today by the nurse that the side effects I’ve had are pretty common and I can have physical therapy for it.(Shoulder pain/muscular that can be pretty intense and is still with me from the first shot). I’ve been doing my own form of therapy for it - swimming.

My daughter(AS & has autoimmune disorder MG) is a Therapist. She had her 2nd shot a week ago and was diagnosed with covid for a 2nd time 2 days later. She struggled to breathe and was in a very bad way when she first had covid. She got through it, but recently started providing Trauma Therapy at an Academy with young children. Highly likely that this is where she contracted the 2nd lot of covid, she’s now battling.

Oh my God Juliette. I’m so sorry to hear this! Is she at home or in care?

Sending prayers and best wishes for you both.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 12:38 pm

Thanks Is. She is holed up in bed in the house she shares with two other professionals. She’s feverish, but is breathing much better than the first time round and hasn’t needed an ambulance this time. I’d offered to nurse her, but of course, she’s not allowing that at all. She’s had food etc delivered as needed and is finding this more of an annoyance and just wants to feel well again. She’s strong :). I’m in daily contact ... making sure she’s coping. She’s been reassuring me that she’s doing alright. Hope you and your family are doing well. X

Lueysjoy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2021, 12:42 pm

Yes, Moderna. First dose was nothing, second one had me in bed for a day. I could have moved through the muscle and joint aches, and even the fatigue, but the chills were horrible. My skin hurt from the goose bumps.