Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 10:21 pm

AngryJackal97 wrote:
What was the weirdest fear you had as a kid? You know what mine was? When I was around 4 years old, I wasn't afraid of nothing. The Dark: nope! Tiny Spiders: nope! Possible monsters underneath my bed: Heck no! I had no fear what so ever as a little kid. But one day I was on my old Windows 95 computer playing games and my mom and dad called me to the living room and when I arrived my dad says "Here! I got you this pink bouncing ball, ready for me to roll it you? Ok here it comes!" and when I saw it, my reaction wasn't "Yay! Let me catch it!" it was "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" I ran towards my mom in complete horror. I was terrified of stupid fricking ball! When I look back at it now as an adult, I think "What was I afraid of?!?!" Anyways that was my weird fear as kid at age 4. Of course I grew out of that fear one year later when I accidentally popped it.

vampires......i thought everyone was possibly a vampire.......it didnt help that my parents told me their friend was one and we had to spend the night over there.My dad also told me he was Dracula so for several years i thought my dad was a vampire.

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2021, 7:08 am

Afraid of pentagon shapes.
Yes, you wrote « weird » and I think it is.

Automatic car wash too. I did several crisis in these stations.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 10:12 am

Checkbox wrote:
Afraid of pentagon shapes.
Yes, you wrote « weird » and I think it is.

Lol, you might have been subconsciously grocking the 36/72/108° thing. The Greek philosophers fount pentagrams interesting for a reason.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jun 2021, 2:18 am

I had lots of fears as a kid & teen that others would consider weird but a lot of them seem very rational to me. For example most kids are not afraid of going to other's birthday parties but if you have a history of being bullied & picked on by your peers, it seems reasonable to be afraid of going & being in a social situation. Being a very picky eater & afraid of trying LOTS of foods can be considered a very weird fear to others but if you have very restricted taste buds & hate most foods you are forced/pressured to try, it seem reasonable to be afraid of trying most foods. I cant think of any fears off the top of my head that don't seem reasonable or justified to me considering my various issues & circumstances & if I talk about fears that are considered weird to others, I would not know where to begin & when to stop.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 7:02 pm

I feared something expected to happen five-billion years into the future when I was around eight years of age - the fear being that the sun would die-out after a Supernova!

Anybody with early interests in Astronomy experience irrational fears of danger from the cosmos?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 10:48 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
I feared something expected to happen five-billion years into the future when I was around eight years of age - the fear being that the sun would die-out after a Supernova!

Anybody with early interests in Astronomy experience irrational fears of danger from the cosmos?

I had a fear of the universe itself, being endless. I couldn't fathom that it went on forever and I always imagined there must be a brick wall at the end of it. But then what's after the brick wall?

I felt so exposed and agoraphobic thinking of all that open space.

It was the same with time. I couldn't comprehend time having no end. Then I tried to think of time having no beginning.

That screwed me up even more.

#deepthoughts

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 5:21 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fenn wrote:
I think I once had a nightmare about the bizarre talking hat people from H.R. Puffnstuff.

That was totally terrifying. You have good taste.

I had a nightmare about one of my Victorian dolls turning her head to speak to me.

She looked like this. ^ :twisted:

There was also a movie I think by Stephen King, called The Car? A car goes alive and chases people? OMG

Are you referring to Christine or Mr. Mercedes?

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2021, 5:38 pm

I was afraid of the lunch lady at school one time.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 6:34 pm

My grandad was a butcher and he had a big walk-in refrigerator that was powered by a diesel generator. This beast lived in its own little shed and it terrified me. It seemed to squat in there and it had two disc shaped bits near the top that looked like eyes and because it rumbled and shook it just seemed alive and angry to me. I hated it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 6:53 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
There was also a movie I think by Stephen King, called The Car? A car goes alive and chases people? OMG

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Are you referring to Christine or Mr. Mercedes?

Sorry, I guess it wasn't Stephen King after all. 8O

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2021, 12:39 pm

I was afraid of:

-concussion because I knew you could die from it. Whenever I got a knock to the head, I had to check my eyes in the mirror or have someone check for me.

- I also feared breaking bones in my body

- blood in my food (for instance chicken)

- objects that reflected light when it was dark, so they'd kinda shine in the dark without being an actual light source

Joe90 wrote:
Identical twins fascinate me.

When I was in daycare, there were two identical twin girls there. I couldn't tell them apart at all. I was fascinated by twins when I was little
Joe90 wrote:
albino people

I feared them too.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 2:45 pm

Drinking broken glass in my coke,I had to feel the opening before drinking it.
Those creepy ass flying monkeys.
Getting stuck under something, I never crawled under the bed.
The children’s book ,Where the wild things are, they scared me.
Hobgoblins, I had trouble sleeping and they told me that hobgoblins came out after midnight.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 4:28 am

Fear of dead ends. Dead end translates something like "street which doesn't lead anywhere" in my language and i always imagined when you find yourself in a dead end a wall will come behind you and you won't be able to get out.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 9:17 am

Escalators, had a fear of getting caught in them.

AngryJackal97
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2021, 10:00 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Escalators, had a fear of getting caught in them.

I still have a fear of Escalators mostly because I’m afraid of falling for being too top heavy. :lol: 8O

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 11:56 pm

I had a fear of my own feces after being yelled at by my mum a couple of times. I was so scared that I would only go #2 after it got dark outside. In the summer, it was the time that it would have gotten dark if it was winter.