Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 3:06 am

Anyone dabble? Anyone had success? Anyone have any advice or suggestions? I could just as easily put a few hundred down on a roulette wheel, but this stuff seem a little more interesting...ANYONE?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 3:23 am

I've used bitcoin to buy stuff online. I don't like it due to it's terrible environmental impact. But like everyone, I wish I'd bought a few 10 years ago.

There are so many coins now. I think any 'get rich quick' opportunities have probably passed us by but I like the idea of decentralised money in general.

I'm currently collecting Pi coins which is a pre-launch cryptocurrency. They're free to collect and they aren't 'mined' in the same way as other cryptos so there's no massive energy waste. Most cryptos launch and then try to get people to use them. Pi is doing it the other way around - building a community and ecosystem before it launches. The team behind it seem like they're serious people, but who knows.

With so many coins launching, everyone trying to be the next bitcoin, it's just a crapshoot unfortunately. I'm no expert but I like Pi. When it launches the coins will have some sort of value but I'm not expecting much beyond a few cents per coin. My hope is that it will accumulate value over time.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 3:53 am

Credit cards are superior, for many reasons, mostly, because you can charge-back.

With crypto, when fraud happens, you cannot reverse a transaction.

Be the hero of your life.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 6:17 am

been scared of investing in bitcoin type cryptos . Huge volitility. Almost prefer craps , at least the potential for instant gratification is there .... :wink:

where ever you go ,there you are