Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:35 pm

Do you feed your cat can food once or twice a day? Can you give fish or turkey cat treats do your cat?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:41 pm

I always fed my cats once per day, with occasional treats given basically on my whims.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:28 pm

I have two cats. My older one is almost 18 years old. He's lost a lot of weight so I feed him twice a day. Sometimes a bit more if he's really whining.

My other cat is only 13 months. She gets fed twice a day because she's still young. I'm also up about 20 hours a day, so it means the two feedings are really far apart.

I don't leave food out for my cats and I don't give them any dry food. They're both grain-free and preservative / filler-free. I give them real meat including heart, organs, gizzard, ground bone, real bone, etc., and I put their food in broth or water so they get enough liquid.

I've also found a couple of canned foods that are really high quality with no fillers, grains, or gum.

I don't give them any treats. If I did, it would just be a piece of their regular food.

I make them work for their food. I always play with them first with a chaser toy, where they have to run around and hunt.

Their food is the reward for catching their prey.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 14 Sep 2021, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:31 pm

When I asked my cats why they never eat they told me they're stuffed. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:35 pm

My younger cat (and my dog) go bananas for the smell of pizza. My dog is allergic to everything on pizza including the wheat, the cheese, the milk, and most toppings. My cat can't have it because it's a grain. So they both get banished to another room when I indulge in pizza. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My younger cat (and my dog) go bananas for the smell of pizza. My dog is allergic to everything on pizza including the wheat, the cheese, the milk, and most toppings. My cat can't have it because it's a grain. So they both get banished to another room when I indulge in pizza. :)

I've noticed several of the cats on Claire Luvcats/Kittisaurus go nuts for pizza. Apparently cats love bread because they like the taste of yeast.

I don't know if I'd trust me to look after pets that aren't plush. :oops:

Oh, I added you on Discord ages ago, if you ever sign on.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I've noticed several of the cats on Claire Luvcats/Kittisaurus go nuts for pizza. Apparently cats love bread because they like the taste of yeast.

She goes nuts for anything. For the first few months she would eat soap bubbles from the sink, lettuce, spinach, raspberries, apple .... absolutely anything she could reach. I think she was high on the carbs from her dry kitten kibble. Once I cut the dry food and put her on high protein / high fat like a carnivore, she's been wayyyy more calm and satiated.

Unless of course I order pizza.

I should note that she does get a few veg in her food - bits of pumpkin, cranberry, etc. -- just not any grains.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Thanks -- I tried it once, and it logged me in to something else? An old account I used with someone else?

I'm computer-useless so I didn't know what I was doing.

My cat is obsessed with butter too. She'll eat straight through the foil wrapper to get it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:51 pm

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_medi ... 7552mIDXaq

Trying her luck. ^

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:03 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

She goes nuts for anything. For the first few months she would eat soap bubbles from the sink, lettuce, spinach, raspberries, apple .... absolutely anything she could reach. I think she was high on the carbs from her dry kitten kibble. Once I cut the dry food and put her on high protein / high fat like a carnivore, she's been wayyyy more calm and satiated.

Unless of course I order pizza.

I should note that she does get a few veg in her food - bits of pumpkin, cranberry, etc. -- just not any grains.

That kinda sounds like Lulu from Creamheros/ClaireLuvcats/Kittisaurus. He eats almost anything. Bananas, broccoli, durian, rice cakes... you name it, he'll eat it. Probably my favourite cat on the interwebs. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:19 am

I feed my new Kitty the Ivory coat kibble and I also give her the wet food as well.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:21 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
I feed my new Kitty the Ivory coat kibble and I also give her the wet food as well.

You have a new kitty?! !! :P :P :P

CONGRATS!! ! DO tell ! !

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:25 am

I adopted her from a Pet rescue place she had been a stray, she's a tortoiseshell Tabby, they named her Florence, I thought I would keep her name as it suits her.

I don't know how to put a photo on here sadly.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:28 am

OMG -- she sounds amazing! Ironically I've been obsessed with looking for a tortoiseshell kitten lately. My daughter thinks our kitten needs a playmate. I want to name it Witch Hazel. Lol. I spent a whole day looking online on the weekend but couldn't find one. I wish I could help you post the picture but I'm assuming you don't know how to post it in a PM to me?

Have you tried using postimages.org to get a URL link for it?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:34 am

I'm not all that tech savvy but next time I need my computer fixed I'll ask about it.

Florence follows me around like a little shadow and I bought her a cat tower and an igloo for her to sleep in.