Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,417
Location: wales

02 Oct 2021, 8:30 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Ouch! Bad tenants are the biggest risk in investing in houses and apartments, I suppose.

Do you think you'll be able to get all your money back eventually (rent, repair etc.), or are the rights of land lords very unprotected there?


It's unlikely I'll get my money back really. I'm looking at a bill of about 5k. I'll ask his trustee but i think seeing he's out the house there is a good chance she'll ignore all contact.

I'll plan on giving him a CCJ so he'll struggle to rent out another house without future landlords being aware of the carnage he causes.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,417
Location: wales

02 Oct 2021, 8:48 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Nades wrote:
I love it when the guy you mentioned get their comeuppance too. Some people just have to have the last say regardless of how unwarranted or in the wrong they are. He seems like a moron.


He is.

He was instructed to contact the bailiffs that evicted him for keys to access the property via his court order obtained by lies. He never contacted them and spent $1500 on bailiffs of his own to cut the locks as well as invited the local police to cause as big of scene as possible in retaliation for being evicted. Then he complained he had to spend $1500. Umm, get F’d. We told you to contact our bailiffs as they controlled the locks and you didn’t do that. Also, his bailiff damaged the gate and so now we’ll have a mobile welder repair it in the next couple days and have our lawyers forward the invoice to him via his lawyers and then likely seek judgement about payment in a court room along. With every other issue.

He still hasn’t paid his September rent on full and we expect he won’t pay October’s at all. Paperwork is being prepared to seek a court hearing on that and other issues and if he refuses to pay as he’s supposed to then we’ll seek a judgement to evict him again, this time for non payment of rent, with no wait period hopefully - an immediate gtfo and take your s**t to storage Or Kay our bailiffs to recover it from their storage Or abandon what’s left to be sold at auction to pay the rent then be sued for the outstanding balance along with for everything else you’ve cost - which is extensive. A LOT more money.


Some people will do anything to be top dog and try to one up others. It often gets bizarre how massive an ego can become when confronted by someone with even the slightest power or authority over them. I think it irks some men that they're paying rent for a building that they ideally want the deeds for themselves. If it was a mortgaged building in his name he would no doubt be much less hostile if the bank told him he needed to pay a late payment but the thought he's "borrowing" the building of another individual to run his business....that just seems to piss him off.

I've had a couple of tenant's like that. They cause a commotion and then tell their boyfriends, girlfriends or whoever else that they "Sure showed my landlord who's boss" when in reality, I've still got the keys to their house and will use them myself sooner or later, tenancy ended by free will or by a judge regardless.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,945
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

02 Oct 2021, 11:07 am

It gets wilder:

I was keeping watch on the building 24/7 until there was a legal dispute between lawyers about ownership of a major fixture of the building - an automotive spray paint booth installed to the building with permits & integrated hvac/sprinklers etc. I was keeping watch because the bailiffs that evicted him told us he said he was taking it. The contract for purchase and sale and building drawings show it’s owned by my friend, the new building owner.

Once in dispute our lawyer said keeping watch was unnecessary as he’d be foolish to steal it. He stole it.

Rough guess on replacement cost is $150k. Plus expert installers say it can’t likely be setup and made to work properly elsewhere - they’re one time setup things. And it takes a year to get a permit for one.

So we reported the theft to the police, which the thief was PISSED about because he’s a police contractor. Do the crime, get embarrassed IMO.

Now there will be separate lawsuits to pursue replacement cost + lost rent in that unit for a year while we wait for it - could be $225-250k for that plus the other $100-300k we have to sue for other building damages and lost rent etc.

And he’s refusing to pay the rest of September’s rent or any of October’s because he paid bailiffs money he owed for other things to states that should cover it ??? So in goes another court application to evict him a second time asap for non payment of rent. (Court order says we have to go through the courts, not simply bailiffs again.)

Insane. My layman’s diagnosis is that this guy is delusional if he believes he’s in the right on any of these things; especially given the fact that we have written evidence documented in black and white on e v e r y t h i n g.

Just another day in the life of dealing with the biggest scumbag ever.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,417
Location: wales

02 Oct 2021, 11:55 am

goldfish21 wrote:
It gets wilder:

I was keeping watch on the building 24/7 until there was a legal dispute between lawyers about ownership of a major fixture of the building - an automotive spray paint booth installed to the building with permits & integrated hvac/sprinklers etc. I was keeping watch because the bailiffs that evicted him told us he said he was taking it. The contract for purchase and sale and building drawings show it’s owned by my friend, the new building owner.

Once in dispute our lawyer said keeping watch was unnecessary as he’d be foolish to steal it. He stole it.

Rough guess on replacement cost is $150k. Plus expert installers say it can’t likely be setup and made to work properly elsewhere - they’re one time setup things. And it takes a year to get a permit for one.

So we reported the theft to the police, which the thief was PISSED about because he’s a police contractor. Do the crime, get embarrassed IMO.

Now there will be separate lawsuits to pursue replacement cost + lost rent in that unit for a year while we wait for it - could be $225-250k for that plus the other $100-300k we have to sue for other building damages and lost rent etc.

And he’s refusing to pay the rest of September’s rent or any of October’s because he paid bailiffs money he owed for other things to states that should cover it ??? So in goes another court application to evict him a second time asap for non payment of rent. (Court order says we have to go through the courts, not simply bailiffs again.)

Insane. My layman’s diagnosis is that this guy is delusional if he believes he’s in the right on any of these things; especially given the fact that we have written evidence documented in black and white on e v e r y t h i n g.

Just another day in the life of dealing with the biggest scumbag ever.


Lol the guys a fruitcake. Massive ego, a problem with authority of any sort and a sense of entitlement that knows no bounds. The problem with people like him is that they're their own boss. Everyone else around him should worship at his feet and does what he says when he says it. Any attempt to interfere with doing as he pleases is looked at as an attack by his subordinates.

Perhaps reporting him to the media will annoy him further with comical results?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,945
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

02 Oct 2021, 2:37 pm

Nades wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It gets wilder:

I was keeping watch on the building 24/7 until there was a legal dispute between lawyers about ownership of a major fixture of the building - an automotive spray paint booth installed to the building with permits & integrated hvac/sprinklers etc. I was keeping watch because the bailiffs that evicted him told us he said he was taking it. The contract for purchase and sale and building drawings show it’s owned by my friend, the new building owner.

Once in dispute our lawyer said keeping watch was unnecessary as he’d be foolish to steal it. He stole it.

Rough guess on replacement cost is $150k. Plus expert installers say it can’t likely be setup and made to work properly elsewhere - they’re one time setup things. And it takes a year to get a permit for one.

So we reported the theft to the police, which the thief was PISSED about because he’s a police contractor. Do the crime, get embarrassed IMO.

Now there will be separate lawsuits to pursue replacement cost + lost rent in that unit for a year while we wait for it - could be $225-250k for that plus the other $100-300k we have to sue for other building damages and lost rent etc.

And he’s refusing to pay the rest of September’s rent or any of October’s because he paid bailiffs money he owed for other things to states that should cover it ??? So in goes another court application to evict him a second time asap for non payment of rent. (Court order says we have to go through the courts, not simply bailiffs again.)

Insane. My layman’s diagnosis is that this guy is delusional if he believes he’s in the right on any of these things; especially given the fact that we have written evidence documented in black and white on e v e r y t h i n g.

Just another day in the life of dealing with the biggest scumbag ever.


Lol the guys a fruitcake. Massive ego, a problem with authority of any sort and a sense of entitlement that knows no bounds. The problem with people like him is that they're their own boss. Everyone else around him should worship at his feet and does what he says when he says it. Any attempt to interfere with doing as he pleases is looked at as an attack by his subordinates.

Perhaps reporting him to the media will annoy him further with comical results?


Maybe. Depends what else he does if it's newsworthy.

I could hear them dismantling something from the building today and phoned the police but they won't attend because they say it's a civil matter and we have to just allow them to do whatever they're doing inside the building that they have legal court ordered access to until they're out, then assess all damages and sue them for it later. So crazy the police cannot attend for property damage/theft in progress - they say it's a civil matter and a matter for the courts, not them enforcing criminal code. Absolutely nuts that you have to allow however much damage they feel like doing to occur and then try to recover the money later vs. put a stop to it.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,028
Location: Aux Arcs

13 Oct 2021, 11:15 am

A deputy from another county showed up at the property looking for the former tenants.Apparently the tenant had stolen a trailer full of tools.I was happy to tell them where they had moved to.Gave me a warm cosy feeling inside.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,945
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

15 Oct 2021, 7:56 pm

Misslizard wrote:
A deputy from another county showed up at the property looking for the former tenants.Apparently the tenant had stolen a trailer full of tools.I was happy to tell them where they had moved to.Gave me a warm cosy feeling inside.


We're expecting the same warm fuzzies when we find out where my friend's stolen paint booth was moved to. It'll be reported to whichever city it's in - unpermitted paint booths are a big no no due to aerosol toxins etc.

It'll be a warm fuzzy feeling to have it shut down. Then he can spend a quarter million on a new one while waiting a year for a permit/go get a job at Maaco.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,028
Location: Aux Arcs

16 Oct 2021, 1:23 pm

How the heck did they steal that paint booth? Must have hired some tweakers to move something like that.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,945
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Oct 2021, 2:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
How the heck did they steal that paint booth? Must have hired some tweakers to move something like that.


They waited until I was no longer guarding the building overnight and was off site for 1.5 weeks helping my brother renovate his place, then dismantled it, loaded the parts onto flat deck trailers and towed them away with their pickup trucks.

Lawsuits are in the works with several legalese versions of theft alleged. A judge will have to sort it all out. Hopefully we’re able to get at Least $195K/actual replacement cost for comparable equipment + maybe lost rent while we wait for a permit to have one installed - which can take a year.

+ other lawsuits. All in all if we were able to recover everything it’s probably 3/4 of a Million dollars. Realistically we hope to at least get half that as it’s not crystal clear whether lost rent is recoverable or not - up to a judge and might even depend on the thief’s behaviour in court as to how harshly a judge may punish him for property damage, theft, unlawful enrichment, breach of contract etc etc etc + all the lost rent he’s caused by both his actions and inactions.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,028
Location: Aux Arcs

16 Oct 2021, 2:58 pm

It just goes on and on…hopefully it will all work out.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,945
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

16 Oct 2021, 3:01 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It just goes on and on…hopefully it will all work out.


Yep. It’ll all end eventually. I’m no longer very stressed by it. It is what it is and we’ll see him in court.. over and over.

I’m actually a bit relieved that he stole the paint booth as it makes my defender against his breach of court order allegations so much stronger. He had a court order saying I couldn’t be in his leased units - I never was - but claims I breached it by being in the parking lot. :roll: (along with several lies) Now that he did commit the theft, it’s very easy to justify to the judge why I was staying overnight to deter it - it was effective up until the time I left the property at the advice of our litigator.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.