Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:41 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/1868-two-nations-made-treaty-us-broke-it-and-plains-indian-tribes-are-still-seeking-justice-180970741/

That article gives some background on one example of unceded land in the US as the result of violating a treaty.

If you'd like to see where treaties exist, this site can help:
https://native-land.ca/

Turn off territories and languages and turn on treaties. There's a huge band of stolen land down the east coast, from Newfoundland to South Carolina, stretching quite far in land, there's another one up Canada's west coast. The Black Hills (mentioned in the Smithsonian article) is the yellow blotch south of Treaty 2 in Canada.

All of the pea-soup coloured parts are areas that are unceded.

And it's all yours if you can defeat an Army with enough nukes to melt the world ten times over.

Lol - none of those nukes, military, or your government are worth the paper USD’s are printed on anymore thanks to Putin & ‘Ping playing games with American voters via installing an orange game show host as El Presidente.. now that the American people have no faith in their electoral process & system of government, American imperialism is all but over. It’ll be a slow but steady decline into red, blue, purple and maybe Bud Light & NASCAR tribalism. No one’s going to have their finger on the button aiming nukes at Indigenous people when they’re too busy trying to figure out wtf to do about much bigger problems.. like trying to stop teams orange and Bud Light and NASCAR et al from tearing the country apart.

Trump isn't the Prez anymore in case you didn't notice.

~1/3rd of Americans haven’t noticed.. and therein lies the problem.

Yeah I know but the fact that he is gone proves the system worked. He is not a dictator and was called to account for his misdeeds.

He and his death cult goons are still trying, though. The fat lady hasn’t sung on his political ambitions yet until he’s dead or in jail.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/1868-two-nations-made-treaty-us-broke-it-and-plains-indian-tribes-are-still-seeking-justice-180970741/

That article gives some background on one example of unceded land in the US as the result of violating a treaty.

Turn off territories and languages and turn on treaties. There's a huge band of stolen land down the east coast, from Newfoundland to South Carolina, stretching quite far in land, there's another one up Canada's west coast. The Black Hills (mentioned in the Smithsonian article) is the yellow blotch south of Treaty 2 in Canada.

And it's all yours if you can defeat an Army with enough nukes to melt the world ten times over.

Lol - none of those nukes, military, or your government are worth the paper USD’s are printed on anymore thanks to Putin & ‘Ping playing games with American voters via installing an orange game show host as El Presidente.. now that the American people have no faith in their electoral process & system of government, American imperialism is all but over. It’ll be a slow but steady decline into red, blue, purple and maybe Bud Light & NASCAR tribalism. No one’s going to have their finger on the button aiming nukes at Indigenous people when they’re too busy trying to figure out wtf to do about much bigger problems.. like trying to stop teams orange and Bud Light and NASCAR et al from tearing the country apart.

Yeah I know but the fact that he is gone proves the system worked. He is not a dictator and was called to account for his misdeeds.

He and his death cult goons are still trying, though. The fat lady hasn’t sung on his political ambitions yet until he’s dead or in jail.

He's like 78 and has many unhealthy eating habits. I'm hoping for a heart attack or stroke.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 5:10 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

He's like 78 and has many unhealthy eating habits. I'm hoping for a heart attack or stroke.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
BTW this thread was started as a book discussion. Not about drugs or so called natives or Trump. Have you even read Dante's Divine Comedy? I know with smartphones people have the attention spans of gnats these days. Last week I was in a major art museum in Chicago admiring the largest collection of French Impressionist paintings anywhere outside France. What did I see while admiring the work of Monet, Matisse, Manet, etc? People who couldn't look up from their cell phones for five minutes to admire the art they paid to see!

I’m guilty of being glue to my phone screen way too much. I have physical paper books to read vs useless rabbit hole crap. :/ I need to force myself to change what I read.

I'm Gen X born in 1976. Probably the last generation that didn't grow up with the internet. What bothers me is the generations that haven't known a time without it. Without a magic window in their pocket that they stare at 22 hours a day.