Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 6:46 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I’ve read several accounts of atheists changing their minds after experiencing DMT for the first time. I guess seeing is believing and once you know, you know.

Still atheist. 8)

Interesting. And you've broken through on DMT?

How do you explain gods/entities/machine elves etc if not a higher power or life form involved in our/worldly creation?

(I've yet to take the ride.)

The same way I explain other delusions.

Exactly. Hallucinations are not reality.

https://images.app.goo.gl/oEs8Mr57YfibzV856

This is it. It's not some sacred magic juice. It's a simple organic molecule that messes with the normal function of your neurotransmitter receptors.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 11:01 am

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I’ve read several accounts of atheists changing their minds after experiencing DMT for the first time. I guess seeing is believing and once you know, you know.

Still atheist. 8)

How do you explain gods/entities/machine elves etc if not a higher power or life form involved in our/worldly creation?

This is it. It's not some sacred magic juice. It's a simple organic molecule that messes with the normal function of your neurotransmitter receptors.

Mmhmm. Something tells me you’d say otherwise if you experienced it for yourself.

Also, seems a bit of a hypocritical/ironic statement considering how many Christians drink wine ceremonially during their religious gatherings while pretending it’s the blood of Christ and has magical properties.

“Alcohol is, quite literally, at the center of the Catholic experience.”

https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2 ... nd-alcohol

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 11:28 am

The Politics of Ecstasy by Dr. Timothy Leary.
https://www.villagevoice.com/2020/10/21 ... f-ecstasy/

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 11:38 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

Mmhmm. Something tells me you’d say otherwise if you experienced it for yourself.

Also, seems a bit of a hypocritical/ironic statement considering how many Christians drink wine ceremonially during their religious gatherings while pretending it’s the blood of Christ and has magical properties.

Actually money is.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 12:21 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

Actually money is.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Even my grandmother, who used to teach Sunday School at her Roman Catholic Church, began to question this in her later years.

Something would happen in the community, like a house fire destroying a family’s belongings, and she would ask “Where is the Church?”

She gave so much of her time to volunteer to count money, prepare food etc this and that for decades. You think her Church paid it forward for her funeral? Nope! Itemized billing right down to the last finger sandwich served.

And that’s a part of why I’ll do my Connecting to the Source in nature at the beach with my feet grounded in the sand and my head in the clouds. 8)

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 12:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Still atheist. 8)

Actually money is.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Even my grandmother, who used to teach Sunday School at her Roman Catholic Church, began to question this in her later years.

Something would happen in the community, like a house fire destroying a family’s belongings, and she would ask “Where is the Church?”

She gave so much of her time to volunteer to count money, prepare food etc this and that for decades. You think her Church paid it forward for her funeral? Nope! Itemized billing right down to the last finger sandwich served.

And that’s a part of why I’ll do my Connecting to the Source in nature at the beach with my feet grounded in the sand and my head in the clouds. 8)

They are a continuation of Imperial Rome plain and simple.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 6:28 am

Not sure why I'm still following this thread and all of the odd side-tangents but this Vice article, largely copying a Motherboard interview, pushed an inquiry as to whether what's there in psychedelic experiences, the therapeutic aspects of mystical experience are just 'pleasant delusions', and Michael Pollen's 'How to Change Your Mind' as well as his devout naturalism, even having had intense mystical experiences while writing that book, are discussed:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7eb59/ ... -delusions

I think the most important thing to keep in mind - people do get very real and practical insights about themselves. The supernatural / paranormal experience are debatable / controversial, I've experienced both valid / durable self-insights as well as things that seemed to fit the profile of paranormal but with the later there's an edge to it where you'd be really surprised what kind of sensory data you're taking in that you usually filter out, how it gets symbolically represented, etc.. I think the trick is respecting that plenty of people would never want to take a psychedelic, even if the upsides come out as peer-reviewed and confirmed steadily over the next five or ten years - for all sorts of reasons including family history of schizophrenia, color-blindness and the visual side effects that can come with it, or it just not how they operate. At the same time I think it's pretty clear that psychedelics have a lot of value and purpose, mostly for digging around in your own brain to see what's there, and quite often - like MDMA, they're very good at getting different parts of your brain to talk which don't usually get the opportunity, and in that sense with long-term trauma patterns where a fracture or bad firmware settings that extend across conscious and unconscious / subconscious sectors can be resolved.

That's sort of the boring middle between the exciting extremes of 'Psychedelics put you in touch with a hidden universe of spirits' and 'Psychedelics are BS for the weak-minded and escapist'.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 9:23 am

Seems a bit odd that someone can be religious And opposed to psychedelics.. God made everything in the universe, including these psilocybin mushrooms, psychoactive cacti, and LSA/DMT containing plants etc right alongside every other plant and mineral that’s here for our use as food/medicine, BUT I’m gonna listen to some human who says “Drugs are bad, MmmmKay?” because somehow it makes sense to me to believe God created all of this but we’re not to trust the Creator on the subject of consuming the gifts He placed here for us. (Except for win in Church where those bartenders over charge for every cup @ 10% of one’s income.) Yes, that makes total sense.

Meanwhile, there are other more spiritually advanced cultures, locally and around the world, that have utilized plant medicines to connect to the ancestral plane, the source and the Creator, for thousands of years. IMO, these people have it figured out. 8)

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:06 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Seems a bit odd that someone can be religious And opposed to psychedelics.. God made everything in the universe, including these psilocybin mushrooms, psychoactive cacti, and LSA/DMT containing plants etc right alongside every other plant and mineral that’s here for our use as food/medicine, BUT I’m gonna listen to some human who says “Drugs are bad, MmmmKay?” because somehow it makes sense to me to believe God created all of this but we’re not to trust the Creator on the subject of consuming the gifts He placed here for us. (Except for win in Church where those bartenders over charge for every cup @ 10% of one’s income.) Yes, that makes total sense.

Meanwhile, there are other more spiritually advanced cultures, locally and around the world, that have utilized plant medicines to connect to the ancestral plane, the source and the Creator, for thousands of years. IMO, these people have it figured out. 8)

That SP ep was mostly about pot. I don't think pot should be illegal, but I do think all other illegal drugs should be.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:08 am

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:28 am

Axeman wrote:
https://facesofmeth.us/

That's Desoxyn, it's an ADHD medication used in the US. It's literally meth.

There's also Levomethamphetamine, which is an OTC decongestant. Normally chemicals like that have both a left and a right handed version, levo- and dex-; when neither is specified it's assumed that it's a 50/50 mixture, when l- or d- is specified it indicates only that enantiomer is present.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:31 am

goldfish21 wrote:

I believe in evolution not god. Chemicals can interact with our nervous systems and subvert their evolved function. This doesn't mean a spirit world exists. And spiritually advanced cultures? What like head hunters in New Guinea? Places that are still in the mud hut hunter gatherer state? I'll take science thanks.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:33 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
https://facesofmeth.us/

That's Desoxyn, it's an ADHD medication used in the US. It's literally meth.

There's also Levomethamphetamine, which is an OTC decongestant. Normally chemicals like that have both a left and a right handed version, levo- and dex-; when neither is specified it's assumed that it's a 50/50 mixture, when l- or d- is specified it indicates only that enantiomer is present.

That's an absurd analogy. I was speaking of street crystal meth. And with such isomers usually only one of the two has biological activity.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:49 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Drugs over books?

Why choose? Both can be mind-altering. Both can be dangerous...

Amen!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 12:00 pm

Axeman wrote:

That's an absurd analogy. I was speaking of street crystal meth. And with such isomers usually only one of the two has biological activity.

It's not an analogy, it's the exact same chemical, the main differences are usage patterns and method of delivery.
Read what it says on the Desoxyn bottle label.

Racemic methamphetamine is the what's in that bottle, racemic methamphetamine is the primary form sold for recreational use. Using it to the point you skip meals, abandon all proper personal maintenance and otherwise neglect yourself will lead to those terrible outcomes you see.

Using it to manage symptoms related to poor executive function shouldn't, although it's not the first line medication for that purpose.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 12:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

It's not an analogy, it's the exact same chemical, the main differences are usage patterns and method of delivery.
Read what it says on the Desoxyn bottle label.

Racemic methamphetamine is the what's in that bottle, racemic methamphetamine is the primary form sold for recreational use. Using it to the point you skip meals, abandon all proper personal maintenance and otherwise neglect yourself will lead to those terrible outcomes you see.

Using it to manage symptoms related to poor executive function shouldn't, although it's not the first line medication for that purpose.

Same chemical but in small controlled doses.