Page 5 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 3:50 am

Axeman wrote:
That SP ep was mostly about pot. I don't think pot should be illegal, but I do think all other illegal drugs should be.

Why? :?

As pointed out already, there are legal therapeutic doses of recreational drugs that you say ought to be illegal. There are other examples - like cocaine, for instance. And there are medical exemptions for others yet. Then there are plenty of illegal recreational drugs that are either not harmful and/or have medicinal uses that aren't formally acknowledged.

Soooo, what basis do you have to think all other illegal drugs should remain illegal?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 3:58 am

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Seems a bit odd that someone can be religious And opposed to psychedelics.. God made everything in the universe, including these psilocybin mushrooms, psychoactive cacti, and LSA/DMT containing plants etc right alongside every other plant and mineral that’s here for our use as food/medicine, BUT I’m gonna listen to some human who says “Drugs are bad, MmmmKay?” because somehow it makes sense to me to believe God created all of this but we’re not to trust the Creator on the subject of consuming the gifts He placed here for us. (Except for win in Church where those bartenders over charge for every cup @ 10% of one’s income.) Yes, that makes total sense.

Meanwhile, there are other more spiritually advanced cultures, locally and around the world, that have utilized plant medicines to connect to the ancestral plane, the source and the Creator, for thousands of years. IMO, these people have it figured out. 8)

I believe in evolution not god. Chemicals can interact with our nervous systems and subvert their evolved function. This doesn't mean a spirit world exists. And spiritually advanced cultures? What like head hunters in New Guinea? Places that are still in the mud hut hunter gatherer state? I'll take science thanks.

And yet you don't believe we evolved to consume and interact with these plant medicines that quite obviously evolved to have their effects on us? *Enhance their evolved function. Just because you don't believe something doesn't make it untrue. Yes, spiritually advanced cultures. Sure, probably head hunters in New Guinea, but also Indigenous cultures right here where I live. Not necessarily, no - there are plenty of very spiritual people fully engaged in our modern economy. Science is Also good, so yes, do feel inclined to utilize and experience these medicines yourself and observe their effects via the scientific method - do your own research, as they say.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 4:55 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
That SP ep was mostly about pot. I don't think pot should be illegal, but I do think all other illegal drugs should be.

Why? :?

As pointed out already, there are legal therapeutic doses of recreational drugs that you say ought to be illegal. There are other examples - like cocaine, for instance. And there are medical exemptions for others yet. Then there are plenty of illegal recreational drugs that are either not harmful and/or have medicinal uses that aren't formally acknowledged.

Soooo, what basis do you have to think all other illegal drugs should remain illegal?

Drugs like heroin, meth, and crack should be illegal because they are dangerous as hell. I say execute the producers and sellers.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 4:58 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Seems a bit odd that someone can be religious And opposed to psychedelics.. God made everything in the universe, including these psilocybin mushrooms, psychoactive cacti, and LSA/DMT containing plants etc right alongside every other plant and mineral that’s here for our use as food/medicine, BUT I’m gonna listen to some human who says “Drugs are bad, MmmmKay?” because somehow it makes sense to me to believe God created all of this but we’re not to trust the Creator on the subject of consuming the gifts He placed here for us. (Except for win in Church where those bartenders over charge for every cup @ 10% of one’s income.) Yes, that makes total sense.

Meanwhile, there are other more spiritually advanced cultures, locally and around the world, that have utilized plant medicines to connect to the ancestral plane, the source and the Creator, for thousands of years. IMO, these people have it figured out. 8)

I believe in evolution not god. Chemicals can interact with our nervous systems and subvert their evolved function. This doesn't mean a spirit world exists. And spiritually advanced cultures? What like head hunters in New Guinea? Places that are still in the mud hut hunter gatherer state? I'll take science thanks.

And yet you don't believe we evolved to consume and interact with these plant medicines that quite obviously evolved to have their effects on us? *Enhance their evolved function. Just because you don't believe something doesn't make it untrue. Yes, spiritually advanced cultures. Sure, probably head hunters in New Guinea, but also Indigenous cultures right here where I live. Not necessarily, no - there are plenty of very spiritual people fully engaged in our modern economy. Science is Also good, so yes, do feel inclined to utilize and experience these medicines yourself and observe their effects via the scientific method - do your own research, as they say.

My point is those so called spiritual cultures have accomplished nothing. Those most accomplished are the ones that have moved away from basing their worldviews on fiction.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 8:40 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Alkaloids, which include cocaine, nicotine, and caffeine, evolved in plants to make them either toxic or distasteful. That they have side effects on mammalian nervous systems was certainly not an intended result.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 8:44 am

Axeman wrote:
Alkaloids, which include cocaine, nicotine, and caffeine, evolved in plants to make them either toxic or distasteful. That they have side effects on mammalian nervous systems was certainly not an intended result.

No, that's a fringe benefit humans have discovered. Since there's no creator there never were any intentions when it comes to why those substances exist or what might be a proper use. The proper use is whichever one we've discovered for it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 8:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

No, that's a fringe benefit humans have discovered. Since there's no creator there never were any intentions when it comes to why those substances exist or what might be a proper use. The proper use is whichever one we've discovered for it.

Exactly. :heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 11:36 am

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

My point is those so called spiritual cultures have accomplished nothing. Those most accomplished are the ones that have moved away from basing their worldviews on fiction.

Wut?

What a preposterous assertion.

These cultures achieved many things in their evolved economies. Hunting, fishing, farming, knowledge and use of medicine, housing, a harmonious balance with nature and renewable resources, a philosophy of borrowing the land sea and air from future generations that fostered a protective vs. destructive sense, systems of government, language, recorded history, creation and use of tools and weapons like most other cultures, EXTREMELY deep spirituality - far beyond anything I've ever experienced via the Roman Catholic faith. etc etc etc.

Just because they've been the victims of a racial genocide doesn't mean they were, or are, unsophisticated.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 11:43 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Wut?

These cultures achieved many things in their evolved economies. Hunting, fishing, farming, knowledge and use of medicine, housing, a harmonious balance with nature and renewable resources, a philosophy of borrowing the land sea and air from future generations that fostered a protective vs. destructive sense, systems of government, language, recorded history, creation and use of tools and weapons like most other cultures, EXTREMELY deep spirituality - far beyond anything I've ever experienced via the Roman Catholic faith. etc etc etc.

Just because they've been the victims of a racial genocide doesn't mean they were, or are, unsophisticated.

How about chemistry, physics, modern medicine, indoor plumbing, computers, self powered vehicles, spacecraft, the list goes on.

You post a picture of a worse for ware old white guy as a condemnation of him and his culture. But he doesn't live in.some mud hut and go ugga booga.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 12:19 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Wut?

How about chemistry, physics, modern medicine, indoor plumbing, computers, self powered vehicles, spacecraft, the list goes on.

You post a picture of a worse for ware old white guy as a condemnation of him and his culture. But he doesn't live in.some mud hut and go ugga booga.

Double wut.

Other cultures have understandings of chemistry, physics etc - perhaps more applied in their routines than developing rockets, but they're not ret*d.

Modern (Western) medicine is what, ~150 years old ? Various cultures have utilized medicine for thousands of years. The concept isn't exactly brand new. Pros and cons to each system of medicine around the world. Newly partially synthesized & patented for profit doesn't necessarily mean better. In some cases, yes, others, not so much.

Humans have had indoor plumbing for hundreds of years, maybe thousands.

Computers, vehicles, spacecraft technology etc - Mmmhmmm, certain members of the ruling classes around the world have had the freedom to pour their time and energy into these pursuits for the last Century while peoples' who've been victims of near complete genocides have had to struggle through intergenerational trauma, PTSD, a nearly completely erased way of life and shift to forced adaptation to the ways of their colonizers.. resulting in fewer Indigenous engineers & doctors Because the brightest and strongest of their people have been called to help hold the rest of their people together. Just because they've been doing different work doesn't mean they haven't been working to the best of their abilities and accomplishing things - even if their most significant accomplishment of a Century is surviving complete annihilation in order to perpetuate future generations that will thrive and carry on passing ancestral wisdom down to others who may be called upon to teach it to failing "advanced," societies in order to protect the water, lands, and air we all depend on for survival. The 1-3% of remaining Indigenous peoples are an incredibly value wealth of knowledge in modern man's fight to restore balance to the Earth and avoid the worst of the man made climate crisis.

Good luck playing video games while the planet burns down around you. We are blessed that the Creator has continued to send resilient water protectors despite most of humanity's ignorant short sighted push to eliminate them.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 12:24 pm

This is one of my favorite youtube channel btw.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 12:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Wut?

Double wut.

Other cultures have understandings of chemistry, physics etc - perhaps more applied in their routines than developing rockets, but they're not ret*d.

Modern (Western) medicine is what, ~150 years old ? Various cultures have utilized medicine for thousands of years. The concept isn't exactly brand new. Pros and cons to each system of medicine around the world. Newly partially synthesized & patented for profit doesn't necessarily mean better. In some cases, yes, others, not so much.

Computers, vehicles, spacecraft technology etc - Mmmhmmm, certain members of the ruling classes around the world have had the freedom to pour their time and energy into these pursuits for the last Century while peoples' who've been victims of near complete genocides have had to struggle through intergenerational trauma, PTSD, a nearly completely erased way of life and shift to forced adaptation to the ways of their colonizers.. resulting in fewer Indigenous engineers & doctors Because the brightest and strongest of their people have been called to help hold the rest of their people together. Just because they've been doing different work doesn't mean they haven't been working to the best of their abilities and accomplishing things - even if their most significant accomplishment of a Century is surviving complete annihilation in order to perpetuate future generations that will thrive and carry on passing ancestral wisdom down to others who may be called upon to teach it to failing "advanced," societies in order to protect the water, lands, and air we all depend on for survival. The 1-3% of remaining Indigenous peoples are an incredibly value wealth of knowledge in modern man's fight to restore balance to the Earth and avoid the worst of the man made climate crisis.

Good luck playing video games while the planet burns down around you. We are blessed that the Creator has continued to send resilient water protectors despite most of humanity's ignorant short sighted push to eliminate them.

Those cultures would never have invented anything I posted regardless of how history went. Most hadn't changed in centuries. And don't compare open heart surgery and etc with their herb teas there ain't no comparison.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 2:38 pm

That's right the sun didn't fall from the sky when the Spanish forced the Aztecs to stop cutting people's hearts out. The rain still fell and the crops still grew. And that was the most settled and civilized part of the New World. The so called natives in Canada were living barely above the caveman level and there is no good reason to believe this would ever improve.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 3:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Wut?

Double wut.

Ruling classes let's see...

Einstein worked as a patent clerk. Henry Ford was a self made millionaire. Made by his founding of the worlds auto industry as we now know it. Bill Gates also self made and a college drop out. Btw computers are for more than just games. Advanced? Certainly. They worshipped the moon while we landed people on it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 3:28 pm

Axeman wrote:
That's right the sun didn't fall from the sky when the Spanish forced the Aztecs to stop cutting people's hearts out. The rain still fell and the crops still grew. And that was the most settled and civilized part of the New World. The so called natives in Canada were living barely above the caveman level and there is no good reason to believe this would ever improve.

You're not going to start with the Siberian horses**t to invalid indigenous peoples and our identities, are you? :roll:
That's what your use of 'so-called' is strongly implying.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 3:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

You're not going to start with the Siberian horses**t to invalid indigenous peoples and our identities, are you? :roll:
That's what your use of 'so-called' is strongly implying.

The human species evolved in Africa and spread from there. Nobody is really native to the Americas. And yes the landbridge isn't horses**t.