Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 4:21 pm

What are you guys doing for Halloween? Image

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 4:22 pm

Sneaking into different threads and saying Woooo!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 4:52 pm

Feeling very nervous, as usual. I had to meet the general public, because they started coming around an hour earlier than ever before, before I had my sign up. In a neighbourhood liberally festooned with pumpkins and spooky decor, I had nothing at all to suggest participation, and used to be known for home made treats. Now, I have a sign out declaring this a high risk house, with the addition of a very scary chart showing how much worse infection rates are here this year.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:44 pm

Happy Halloween....I just attended church online and watched a Halloween documentary and a old vampire movie and now I am watching reality tv this Halloween.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 8:48 pm

Trying to enjoy it but really feeling meh because I can't go to a costume party or trick-or-treating. When you become an adult you can't have fun anymore and everything you like is wrong. I watched the Garfield Halloween special and listened to music on YouTube while playing Animal Crossing NH, but it's not the same.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 8:59 pm

Happy Halloween all ...! :twisted:

where ever you go ,there you are

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 9:16 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Trying to enjoy it but really feeling meh because I can't go to a costume party or trick-or-treating. When you become an adult you can't have fun anymore and everything you like is wrong. I watched the Garfield Halloween special and listened to music on YouTube while playing Animal Crossing NH, but it's not the same.

I've been playing Animal Crossing, too. I also miss going trick-or-treating, mainly because I liked walking around at night. lol

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 1:43 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

I've been playing Animal Crossing, too. I also miss going trick-or-treating, mainly because I liked walking around at night. lol

Saturday night me and my boyfriend walked to a bar and they had some halloween stuff going on. But idk it was rather loud and they were going to have DJ with probably a lot of people dancing around, and we just weren't really feeling it this time around. So we left to go walking further and see if anywhere else seemed appealing, we ended up fining a Cheba Hut open late(its like a I guess sorta stoner themed sandwich place but they also had a bar) so we had a couple more beers there and got some food...then decided to head back home and then watched a crazy animated movie called Spine of Night. But I guess the point is we did do a lot of walking around at night, though it was yesterday but halloween was today(or yesterday now since it is past midnight) which was sunday so last night was more the adults halloween since a lot of people at least have Sunday off to recover from partying.

But yeah there are halloween activities for and/or at least open to adults, so you still can justify walking around at night on halloween. Though may be easier if you like drinking since a lot of that is like bars having halloween sort of events going on and they won't think you're weird for getting a beer or drink in costume.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 01 Nov 2021, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 1:44 am

I had to go to work :(

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Nov 2021, 3:00 am

I usually stay in and eat candy watch horror films but not this year. I went with my family. My nephews won't always be children, so I wanted to see them get candy Gosh. Did they get a ton!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 6:33 am

We watched Halloween I, II, and III...I carved our pumpkin and I set it on a table outside with bowls of candy. The GF sat out on the steps to watch the kids show up...didn't get a ton, probably less than last year, there's a lot of candy left.

It was kind of wet out, but it wasn't raining. Maybe they thought it was cancelled because it was a Sunday? Idunno!

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I also miss going trick-or-treating, mainly because I liked walking around at night. lol

I liked it a lot better before they moved Daylight Savings Time to AFTER Halloween, it got darker an hour sooner.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 7:13 am

FWIW - I had a lot of fun at Halloween parties in my 20s and 30s. I wouldn't start on my costume until noon to minimize time, and kept costs very low. Hot glue was my friend. One outfit I made for two bucks got used for years by various people.
When I moved to a house that gets canvassed for treats, I didn't know how many to buy, and I sure didn't want to eat a lot of leftovers of the typical cheap candy. So, I made popcorn with garlic butter, and filled beer cups with a tasty mix, topping them with a taped-on paper label reading "Vampire Repellent" and listing the healthy, organic ingredients. Kids like getting a big treat, and I'm sure they also like a break from all the sweet stuff. I can make it "on demand," which varies wildly from year to year, and wind up with about as much left over as I'd usually eat myself by itself.
I had a friend who was surprised the time he was in line for doing handouts, but he was a guy who never spent his coins, so he had a big bowl of them. The kids loved reaching in for "one handful" but their parents looked very angry.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 7:57 am

Handed out candy to the trick or treaters.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:18 am

Hmm...

Locally, within this city at least, the 'celebration' is moved 2 days earlier and is 2 hours long allowed more or less.
Because damn pandemic, of course, do not allow the cemetery to get any crowded.

:? Today, I just got nothing except waiting for a package that didn't came yet.
And still waiting for my homemade paper to dry.

No parties. No greetings. No costumes. No nothing.
Only that me, my mom, one of my aunts and one of my cousins met in the cemetery 2 days ago. Had some food right after and that's all.

It's a boring day for me for the most part.
But sure, I could start a noise or two but my mind and my priorities are somewhere else for that.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 11:11 am

Realized if I was just a few inches shorter I could wear a costume and get free candy.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 12:36 pm

Jeannie Robinson, basket ball player, beauty queen, and comedienne was also a very tall child. She pretended to be two kids stacked up as a monster, and collected in two buckets.