I want to do one of those genetic tests to find my roots.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 1:47 am

Like the ancestry type test to find where you originate or your ancestors/dead relatives. I am just curious..but idk, my sister apparently did one of those and they didn't give results and just sent a letter back telling her not to try and B.S them she was shocked and thought it weird. So she sent her spit sample again and they still said she was B.Sing them and was banned from sending more samples. They didn't even say why they thought that, just insisted on it.

So I worry I may get a similar result if that is what my sister experienced. So like is there something wrong with my family DNA? But so now I am curious if they will send back an actual result or if I'll experience the same thing my sister did. Just seems like a risk now to spend the money on that if they can just declare your DNA sample BS and not give a result.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 3:02 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Like the ancestry type test to find where you originate or your ancestors/dead relatives. I am just curious..but idk, my sister apparently did one of those and they didn't give results and just sent a letter back telling her not to try and B.S them she was shocked and thought it weird. So she sent her spit sample again and they still said she was B.Sing them and was banned from sending more samples. They didn't even say why they thought that, just insisted on it.

So I worry I may get a similar result if that is what my sister experienced. So like is there something wrong with my family DNA? But so now I am curious if they will send back an actual result or if I'll experience the same thing my sister did. Just seems like a risk now to spend the money on that if they can just declare your DNA sample BS and not give a result.

Well a couple things each DNA testing company will have different results so you would possibly have to do multiple tests to get a semi-accurate picture.And a DNA test can really be like an atom bomb in the amount of drama and trouble in your family it could lead to if there were some skeletons in the closet that were discovered with the genetic sample.So i would proceed with caution.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 3:24 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
my sister apparently did one of those and they didn't give results and just sent a letter back telling her not to try and B.S them she was shocked and thought it weird. So she sent her spit sample again and they still said she was B.Sing them and was banned from sending more samples. T.

Is your sister perhaps a star child?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 3:31 am

Thats weird that a company would do that.

Not that I have any experience with DNA companies. But you pay your money, and follow their directions, and submit ...whatever it is that issues from your body...that they tell you to send. I suppose that spittle is the standard thing to ask for for use for that purpose. And you get that response. Sounds like they think she is punking them by sending dog spittle, or something.

Maybe there is something odd about your sister's saliva. Lol.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 3:51 am

I recall that you, Sweetleaf, had a thread about how a doctor discovered how you had some kind of unique genetic marker...having to do with blood, or something. It was awhile back. Do you know what I am talking about?

Anyhow...

Maybe your sister has the same marker ...and they find it and freak out, and think that her sample isnt human! Lol!

Maybe you are all a bunch of star spawn! Lol!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 4:18 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Yeah that's what I just said.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 5:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Yeah that's what I just said.

Yeah, I know, thats what EYE said.

Maybe not only she...but her whole family, ARE that. Agreeing with you, but going beyond what you said.

(But being kinda tongue in cheek of course).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 2:12 pm

Try a different kit than she used.
I had mine done , maternal and autosomal.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 4:02 pm

Does a DNA test work on skunks? :scratch:
Is she part skunk? :mrgreen: