Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 9:37 am

Vibrator Salesperson Demi Lovato Is Promoting a Conspiracy-Theory Platform

Quote:
The “believing in ghosts and aliens (sorry – ETs)” to “becoming a full-on lizard-people shadow-government conspiracy theorist” pipeline is so real. On November 3, Unidentified host Demi Lovato posted a selfie of themself, holding up their phone with the word “Gaia” on it. They captioned the Instagram post, “Thrilled to be a @wearegaia ambassador … Understanding the world around us (the known and the unknown) is so exciting to me!” Looks like an innocuous piece of lifestyle brand spon-con, right?

Not quite. Gaia calls itself a “media network of truth seekers and believers empowering an evolution of consciousness,” and what this means is it’s full of New Age conspiratorial videos about: 9/11, autism, chemtrails, 5G, vaccines, fluoride, ancient aliens, secret space programs, shadow governments, and cabals of lizard people (sorry — “reptilians”)

Furthermore, one of the platform’s biggest content creators is David Icke, a known lizard-people truther who was banned from Australia in 2019 for his anti-Semitic claims that Jewish alien lizards funded the Holocaust, in addition to being behind everything from 9/11 to the 2008 recession. In the months after Icke was kicked off of Facebook and Twitter, multiple sources have reported that adherents of the far-right QAnon conspiracy movement followed him to Gaia as their new platform of choice.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 9:48 am

They have brain damage and bipolar, so why give attention to their manic episodes?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 10 Nov 2021, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 10:10 am

funeralxempire wrote:
She has brain damage and bipolar, so why give attention to her manic episodes?

A significant amount of people listen to celebrities not experts.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 10:40 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
They have brain damage and bipolar, so why give attention to their manic episodes?

A significant amount of people listen to celebrities not experts.

I'm aware, but if media did more to filter out this sort of noise those people would have less celebrity noise to be influenced by.

If I'm eating some KFC and a reporter asks me my opinion they probably don't need to make SIX FOOT MAN-EATING CHICKEN BELIEVES SOMETHING FRINGE into a headline, even if it makes for good clickbait.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う