Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 12:04 pm

Some user joined this site just recently this week just to send me a message to go F myself for not liking social justice.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 1:16 pm

What username was it? Report them so the mods can ban them, that is just inappropriate of them to say that to you. Hope you're OK.

Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 1:42 pm

I feel one of the hallmarks of this site is the free exchange of ideas. Apparently there are still some people who think because this person's view doesn't jive with mine, it's wrong. There are views I personally don't agree with but to me that's OK.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:05 pm

Joe90 wrote:
What username was it? Report them so the mods can ban them, that is just inappropriate of them to say that to you. Hope you're OK.

I reported him hours ago. I received a message from the admin saying he's been banned. The guy not only sent a personal message to me, but he made a troll post in the forums as well that was also deleted.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:32 pm

Do you really hate social justice?  Either way, how do you define the term?

It has been said that a social-justice liberal is a social-justice conservative who has been arrested, and that a social-justice conservative is a social-justice liberal who has been mugged.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
Do you really hate social justice?  Either way, how do you define the term?

It has been said that a social-justice liberal is a social-justice conservative who has been arrested, and that a social-justice conservative is a social-justice liberal who has been mugged.

It's the wokeness of it that I don't like. Social Justice could be used as a force for good, but so far I've seen it used as a force for more hate and division, a force of fascism and abuse by people trying to be offended on behalf of people of a race or other social identity who may not be offended at all.

I'm not Mexican, but I love Mexican food, which I'll be having for dinner. That fact would allow SJWs to accuse me of cultural appropriation, an act they want to shame people for. What's wrong with a little taste of Latin America? Speaking of Latin, they want me to use the term LatinX. Really? Latino and Latina worked just fine before. I've asked real Latinos what they think. They don't mind when I enjoy in their culture and they also think LatinX is stupid.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:52 pm

Ahh ... so it is the Social Justice Warriors you dislike, rather than the concept of Social Justice itself.

Me too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Nov 2021, 6:54 am

Fnord wrote:
Ahh ... so it is the Social Justice Warriors you dislike, rather than the concept of Social Justice itself.

Me too.
I completely agree. Someone joining a forum with the intention of trolling a user is very clearly somebody who does NOT really value actual social justice. Those SJWs are hypocritical sellouts who use social justice as a means to put others down instead of helping. Criticizing others & putting people down for not sharing your beliefs is a very great way to encourage them to have a change of heart & suddenly decide to join your side NOT. It has the opposite affect & causes people to feel alienated & attacked & become defensive & cling even harder to their beliefs.

~King Of The Hill

"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 25 Nov 2021, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 6:57 am

Fnord wrote:

Me too.

nick007 wrote:
Those SJWs are hypocritical sellouts who use social justice as a means to put others down instead of helping.

Absolutely. +1