Would you take a vaccine in an emergency or non-emergency ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 1:38 pm

One of the criticisms I've seen from some people is that they won't take the covid vaccines because they haven't been tested long enough, have not enough long term data to prove they are safe for everybody including children and that they create side effects in some people even though most people don't die from them so far. Its as though they don't seem to realise there is a pandemic going on and the only way out of an emergency would be to take the vaccine and then we will no longer be in an emergency anymore. I personally would take it as I have done and I wouldn't want to wait for many more months like someone would in an non emergency situation knowing the risks if you are un-vaccinated during a pandemic.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 8:15 pm

chris1989 wrote:
One of the criticisms I've seen from some people is that they won't take the covid vaccines because they haven't been tested long enough, have not enough long term data to prove they are safe for everybody including children and that they create side effects in some people even though most people don't die from them so far. ...
Those people are either deliberately lying to themselves (and others), or they believe others are lying to them.

Let the Darwin Effect run it course.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Nov 2021, 7:39 am

I think it would depend on the situation. One of my cousins caught Covid a while after she was fully vaccinated. Someone she went jogging with had caught Covid & my cousin got sick rite after she found out & she got tested. I heard a guy on the bus talking about how him & his brother both had seizures a week or so after getting their vaccine. His brother had gotten the vaccine 1st & died from his seizure & the guy on the bus got vaccinated a few months later & then had a seizure after but very luckily was not home by himself like his brother was. Neither of em has ever had a seizure before. There could very well be other reasons they suddenly had seizures after getting vaxed that had nothing to do with the vaccine but it does seem like a very odd coincidence & I would be pointing blame at the vaccine myself if I was him. The pro-vax movement likes to accuse people of intentionally spreading misinformation but I see NO reason why my cousin or that guy would lie about this. I felt awful the day after I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine. I was delirious & apparently I said I wanted to blow my face off with a shotgun 8O I don't remember it but my girlfriend sure did. I spent the day in bed & was fine the day after. I guess I do NOT see enough evidence that the vaccines are actually effective & very safe. I have much more concerns about the vaccines now than I did when they were 1st rushed out. I'm kinda hesitant to talk about this because if I do some people accuse me of believing that vaccines cause autism & that I automatically must also believe that world is flat. Or I get accused of believing that parents should have the right to endanger the health of their kids for religious & moral reasons. Or I get accused of wanting people to get sick & watch their loved 1s die. None of this is true but I get quickly tossed into those categories. However the anti-vax movement does not want me either because I'm very progressive on most other issues. I feel extremely alienated by establishment in general these days :(

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition