Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:56 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Maybe some do ? Depends on what their local social scene is like and if they feel the need to get tattooed to appear to fit in with people that they want to appear to fit in with, I guess.

This is the answer +1

Yeah, +2

There was a documentary about skinhead that ruined his life with tats and the cost of removal. I think my biggest fear of doing it to "fit in" is I would start obsessing.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:23 pm

i have been to several tattoo conventions , Enough to satify any urges , i have to look at body art.
for some reason it satisfys me to look at other peoples work :D . Even enjoyable . Its like people watching and it is expected at those shows. And if i need to , i can fantisize about getting tattoos
But i am aware that getting tatts is NOT a pain free experience . And i do not do things to myself to encourage pain . :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:45 pm

I would say I also like looking at body art, never been to a convention tho. I walk and currently use a running/hiking loop that is popular in a large city. Yesterday, my rabbit (pace setter) had a large back tattoo that I could not fully see the details and I kept trying to figure it out. I thought about getting one, is that the same as a fantasy? I think the vibration would make me more mental than the pain but the fear of needles is the show stopper for me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:50 pm

But you WILL rush out to get yourself inked after seeing THIS! :D

Last edited by naturalplastic on 02 Jan 2022, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:51 pm

My main concern with getting a tattoo would be the possibility of someone using an unsterilized needle and giving me a disease.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 7:06 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
My main concern with getting a tattoo would be the possibility of someone using an unsterilized needle and giving me a disease.

That's why you go to a reputable shop that follows all sterilization protocols vs. some guy's back alley prison-style tattoo emporium.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 8:30 pm

I have repeatedly considered one particular tattoo: A lightning bolt on my forehead, just like Harry Potter' scar, only in ultraviolet ink; but there is no such ink approved by the FDA for use in tattoos.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 9:02 pm

The FDA has not approved any inks for tattooing but UV tattoos are impressive. :wtg:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 9:34 pm

Hell no.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 5:12 am

Some people regardless of their neurology get tattoos for the sake of appearance. Others get them for purely personal reasons. Probably some get them simply because they can.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Jan 2022, 10:32 am

Joe90 wrote:
I have never had a tattoo, just like I have never had any piercings, hair dyed or been drunk. Yes, I'm a boring human being. It's probably why I have a very small number of friends. NTs value body enhancements.
I have never done that stuff either except I do drink some but never to the point of being drunk. However I do relate a bit to some cultural groups that are into that stuff like Punks, EMOs, & Goths, & also Nerds/Geeks/Dorks can be into dyed hair like cosplaying anime characters. I relate to them for reasons other than their fashion styles. I have no interest in getting piercings or dyed hair but I sometimes do find that very attractive on some women like when they are cosplaying :mrgreen: When it comes to tattoos, I find em kinda unattractive. I can overlook a few smaller 1s but when someone has some huge 1s or a bunch of smaller 1s that cover a whole body part like a whole arm, whole leg, or whole back, it's kind of a turn off when I see it :( Some people have suggested that I get some tattoos to blend in 9 nasty looking scars I have on my upper arm from slashing myself when I was 20 over my 1st relationship ending(psychotic depression is a real b!trch) but I have a low tolerance to pain.

I'm not sure if this counts as a body enhancement but I started losing my hair in my mid 20s due to male-pattern baldness & I've been doing various things to try & save it. I'm not really concerned about my appearance thou. The hair loss causes my head to itch a lot & I have to wear a hat when going outside in hot weather so I won't get a sunburn & I also have to wear a hat when going outside in cold weather so my head would stay warmer. I would see about getting a hair transplant if I had the money to afford it. This may sound odd but one of the meds I'm taking to slow my hair loss also reduces my body hair some & I like that because the body hair would make me sweat more & would cause me to itch more. I'm not really concerned that much about my appearance but I do have sensory issues with my skin.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 10:47 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Some people regardless of their neurology get tattoos for the sake of appearance. Others get them for purely personal reasons. Probably some get them simply because they can.
A woman who claimed to have tattoos over 80% of her body described an endorphin rush from the pain of being tattooed, saying it was much like the rush she got from eating Ghost Peppers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t have a moral problem with tattoos. They’re just not for me.

I second this.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 7:36 pm

Yes. All aspies get tattoos. It's part of the diagnostic criteria.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 7:56 pm

i think Goldfish was being Silly ..... :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 8:02 pm

I detest tattoos.

I will not date a woman with a tattoo.

I will not hire anyone with a tattoo.

If I hire someone and then find out that they have a tattoo, they will have zero chance of ever being promoted or getting a raise.