Page 10 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2024, 11:07 am

In the 1950s the Chinese government urged people to exterminate sparrows as they were seen as real pests for eating grain. In fact, they were ranked up there as one of the "Four Pests" that were seen as a danger to people's health and well-being, along with mosquitoes, flies, and rats. As a result the decreased number of sparrows caused the ecosystem to become unbalanced, and in 1960, sparrows were taken off the list and replaced with bedbugs as one of the "Four Pests".

To think that the sparrow could have gone extinct like the dodo because humans are stupid. :roll:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2024, 8:41 pm

I was on the TV Tropes for Tamagotchi and I learned that when your Tamagotchi dies in the Game Boy version it's really sad and disturbing. It happens really suddenly, your pet could be just happily dancing around the screen, and then suddenly they fall down dying with + + eyes and you hear a beeping sound playing like a heart rate that's slowing down and then flatlining. Then sad music plays while images of your Tamagotchi looking sick or really upset fade in and out, and then their dead body turns into an angel and floats around the screen.

:cry:

While I find it pretty dumb that the early North American version of Tamagotchi censored the death by having them "go back to their home planet" instead of just dying, that's pretty harsh.

And yet I really kind of want to get this game now, I even took out and dusted off my old Game Boy Advance SP. 8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2024, 1:54 pm

Bonar Law was the UK's only Canadian Prime Minister.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2024, 1:57 pm

Wow

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2024, 3:35 pm

Years ago when my grandparents first moved from UK to California my grandfather fell off a roof and broke his back. I knew that part. What I didn't know was that their neighbours saw the ambulance and assumed it meant my grandmother had shot him. Apparently that's why most men got injured at home.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2024, 3:42 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Years ago when my grandparents first moved from UK to California my grandfather fell off a roof and broke his back. I knew that part. What I didn't know was that their neighbours saw the ambulance and assumed it meant my grandmother had shot him. Apparently that's why most men got injured at home.

Must be a charming town that they lived in.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2024, 3:46 pm

They were in a nice area of the OC.
I think it was 1955 because my mum was 16.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2024, 4:27 pm

Billionaires do in fact stifle innovation. Why introduce something different and unique when they can introduce a "newer" version of what already works?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2024, 7:31 pm

That WP PM messaging has custom folders and I can put things away into them. Just never cared to look for them.

And so my inbox is now tidy. Everybody got sorted out, no God required.

I like it when things have clear beginnings and clear ends. An empty inbox in itself is depressing, but at the same time I don't get the anxiety over thoughts about conversations of the past.

3 pages worth of mod messages over the years. For the most part I don't strictly break rules but unpopular (but not necessarily wrong) points seem like an inconvenience to the narratives of some. I don't even bother opening mod messages anymore.

If it weren't for one person who may not message me again, I'd probably turn off PMs entirely.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2024, 11:07 pm

Today I learned that there is such thing as wet ear wax.

That I never had them. My sister never had them. Many of my cousins never had them.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2024, 10:36 am

That dealing with Mastocytosis ( MAST cell syndrome). is a real problem when you are facing unrelenting stressors .
And all these years kept getting misdiagnosed by a army of Dermatologists .... Relatively new diagnosis for medical community.. Discovered by repeated infectious disease Doctors . Hot Baking Soda baths give some temporary reliefs ..
And cortisol tablets plus allergy tablets ..But time and complete stress aversion , pays off best. .
Life is full of wonders , just wish this experience/ learning was not one if them.

where ever you go ,there you are

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 9:48 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

How is your mom?

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 10:49 pm

I learned that cleithrophobia is the fear of being trapped. It's probably the most popular reason for being afraid to go into caves other than claustrophobia.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 10:58 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I was on the TV Tropes for Tamagotchi and I learned that when your Tamagotchi dies in the Game Boy version it's really sad and disturbing. It happens really suddenly, your pet could be just happily dancing around the screen, and then suddenly they fall down dying with + + eyes and you hear a beeping sound playing like a heart rate that's slowing down and then flatlining. Then sad music plays while images of your Tamagotchi looking sick or really upset fade in and out, and then their dead body turns into an angel and floats around the screen.

While I find it pretty dumb that the early North American version of Tamagotchi censored the death by having them "go back to their home planet" instead of just dying, that's pretty harsh.

And yet I really kind of want to get this game now, I even took out and dusted off my old Game Boy Advance SP. 8O

I have my old Game Boy too from the 90s, my mom bought me the original one in the 80s, I have alot of games, Barbie game, Q*bert, PAC Man, Jurassic Park, Donkey Kong & more games. :heart: :heart: :heart:

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 11:13 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

I have my old Game Boy too from the 90s, my mom bought me the original one in the 80s, I have alot of games, Barbie game, Q*bert, PAC Man, Jurassic Park, Donkey Kong & more games. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I've got several GB models, the GB Light is the ultimate one to have. Integrated light so you can play in any situation. It's a shame it came out so late.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2024, 11:20 pm

I am very good at typing on my phone, I been using my cellular data on my phone, I don't use WiFi on my phone too much, I been turning off WiFi on my phone so me & my sister can talk in private.