Page 16 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 60  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 11:55 am

Pepe can be our “pet” peeve.
Don’t feed the skunk, it’s way too fat already.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 12:43 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Pepe can you just ease up on the pet peeves of others being a pet peeve of your's thing because it's not conventional.

why do we all have to be conventional...what a dull world that will make

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 12:44 pm

1. individuals whom are obsessed with conventionality

2. the world wide pandemic of ego

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 12:49 pm

Customer service telephone lines, where you sit in a queue for an hour then the line drops before you get to speak to anyone. :evil:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 12:53 pm

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Pepe can you just ease up on the pet peeves of others being a pet peeve of your's thing because it's not conventional.

why do we all have to be conventional...what a dull world that will make

Maybe conventional is not the right word...
I meant, to be precise, it's just annoying.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 4:01 pm

Those sneaky ads that have very small close button and make you end up accidentally clicking them. Don't they realize that that kind of sneaky tactic only earns distrust and drives people away? Dishonesty/sneakiness is the best to way to destroy oneself.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 11:23 pm

People hijacking threads with their own insecurity and/or refusal to understand nuance.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 3:57 am

Those obese people whose bodies spill out of the seat on the airplane. I shouldn't have to endure that warm soft yukky stuff that is hanging into my seat. They should purchase tickets for two seats unless they have a medical condition that leaves them with no choice but to be obese. This is not fat shaming because I'm talking about a real problem rather than just trying to shame obese people.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:12 am

The PC screen going blank or the whole machine going into standby after a ridiculously short time. I know you can adjust this to longer periods in the settings, and I can understand the reasons for it, but really it's all back to front: you should have to actually opt to have your PC screen blank out etc, rather than have to opt out. Not that you can really 'opt out' at all, rather just extend the intervals.

Plus, it's not very difficult to adjust the setting in Windows, but it can be a lot more awkward and time consuming in some Linux distros.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:33 am

When there are about 20 check-outs in the supermarket and there's only about 7 of them open, at a really busy time of the day.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 12:44 pm

Cafes where they add sweetener to "iced latte" by default. If you are not aware of it, you'll end up with a sweet iced latte, which tastes awful.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 1:33 pm

People that do huge burps that are obviously forced.

People that always fart deliberately in company.

People that do loud sneezes that are obviously amplified because they think it's funny.

When there's huge accidents on the same road almost every day for years that causes inconvenient travel disruption, and drivers never seem to learn from it.

When Audible doesn't have your favourite audiobooks (nor anywhere else for that matter).

When you realise that the great World Wide Web only has about 30% of the information you're looking for (or is it that your thoughts are so unique that even the internet can't answer your questions?)

When you're typing fast on your phone and instead of the pressing the letters at the bottom you keep pressing the space bar instead.
And autocorrect kicks in but doesn't correct it to the word you wanted.

When you want to ask Google about a problem you have on your phone, but all the answers are only aimed at people using computers (like using the word "click" instead of "tap" or something like that), so you've got to narrow the search down by putting in your exact phone make and network, which then involves too many words so Google can't specify what your problem is and just gives you a load of different results you weren't looking for.
And then you do find that someone has asked the exact same question as you and you're like "hallilujiah, we've got an answer!" but it turns out to just be a thread with only about 4 or 5 replies that all say "I have this problem too"..."me, too", "yeah, me too" so you just give up in the end and you end up going into your phone store instead.
And then you get swindled into buying a new phone and registering for new add-ons and plans.

I'll stop now.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:23 pm

Chocolate in nearly everything, especially bread products?!
I bought banana bread, and it's full of chocolate chips :eew: :eew: :eew:

When flavours can never be one thing
Drinks are now: strawberry/banana, raspberry/cherry, lemon/lime, kiwi/mango/clementine/horseradish meleé ...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 6:01 pm

When people don't think beyond a screen, like assuming everyone has a computer or iPhone, and has Amazon and Netflix accounts and do online banking and so on. I hardly ever give advice to use internet technology.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 6:09 pm

pink lemonade

wtf?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 6:11 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
pink lemonade

wtf?

Oh that's yummy. :lol:

When they take sugar out of a lot of soda drinks but don't take alcohol out of alcoholic drinks even though alcohol causes more problems in people's lives than being overweight.