Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 6:30 pm

Or do you think it’s a good thing.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 7:37 pm

I scrolled through YouTube a few minutes ago and was thinking that I'm tired of it. If I had something better to do I wouldn't go online much.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 2:27 am

I realize I spend 3/4 of my waking hours on the Internet: for work, study and fun, but I wouldn't say I'm tired of the Internet. Rather, I'm starting to be tired of what's available on the Internet. I want something new on the Internet.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 5:52 am

It's really down to how we use it. But, over time the internet has become more shrill and simplistic. People think there's value in what they're saying just because they exist, rather than having something to say. A lot of the rhetoric and thinking are very hollow, as well.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:32 am

If it wasn't for the internet I'd be virtually dead of boredom.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:48 am

I spend too much time online. I don't even get around to other, more active recreation a lot of the time because the internet is like TV, a book and a way to meet friends all in one.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:46 am

Yeah I spend too much time on it too. Probably the best way to use it is for watching movies or shows and also using it to figure out how to do things. I use it for entertainment too much though. I think I’m addicted.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 12:00 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Yeah I spend too much time on it too. Probably the best way to use it is for watching movies or shows and also using it to figure out how to do things. I use it for entertainment too much though. I think I’m addicted.

Same. It's often really hard to switch to doing whatever I want to do after being online.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 2:38 pm

The internet pamper I quickly and endlessly track down topics of interest to me. :oops:
It's hard to say whether using a computer for my school work increases or decreases efficiency.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 2:44 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
The internet pamper I quickly and endlessly track down topics of interest to me. :oops:
It's hard to say whether using a computer for my school work increases or decreases efficiency.

Sometimes rabbit holes are productive. Other times they're the worst distraction possible, unless you end up on Jeopardy. :mrgreen:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 6:42 pm

Usually when I'm tired of the internet, it's because I'm spending too much time on it. I do that sometimes... so I take a break, step back a bit, do more actual real life things. Ideally I only get online in the morning when I'm trying to wake up and when I'm taking a break from doing other stuff. My health/headspace isn't always up for engaging life though, so yeah. Lately I've been online too much. It's been a good time eater, but that's about it. I'm getting tired of it again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 10:48 pm

I think the Internet is a very good thing. I've found a couple of crafters games on Facebook. I also enjoy using iPiccy and Photopea.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 1:22 am

Things I used enjoy aside from the internet like TV shows, movies, books and music are now via internet.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:10 am

I don't think I could get tired of the internet itself. I do too many different things with it. The social media side if it? You bet I get tired/sick of it.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:27 am

HighLlama wrote:
It's really down to how we use it.

Truth!

For me the internet is a very good hobby reference.
It offers interaction in hobby groups and forums.

It offers a lot of information for my messy health.
It offers health support groups.

It is a good and useful weather reference here in tornado and winter storm country.
The National Weather Service websites are quite useful.

It has mail order retailers for things not available in stores in this little county seat farm burg.

With TV and movies being sensory overload because of too many and too intense sound and light activity and changes for me to be able to watch them any more, the internet offers things like YouTube where I can find watchable content for specific interests.

I have heard about controversial things happening on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, but I do not use them, for pretty much similar reasons for why I don't watch TV.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:53 am

No. I've been looking up family history stuff today and I could read excerpts from newspapers from 1863 online without needing to go to a library. That's pretty cool.

I read about my great great grandfather visiting a certain business to sell something and I couldn't find that particular business, but found something similar in London and could read about the history of that.

I could even see from the census what house he lived in and I visited it on Google Street view. All from my sofa.