Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 2:54 am

Hi,

Does anyone else have problems with bed wetting as an adult aspie? Apparently the correct terminology is adult nocturnal enuresis. It tends to happen to me when I am particularly stress or am regressing.

Thanks.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 7:07 am

I need to wear a diaper to bed, because I don't have any control of either function when I'm sleeping. I wear pull-ups in the day, due to a soiling problem that came back after many years of cleanliness. I can't help what's been thrown at me, but I deal with it.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 7:23 am

My grandmother did up through her teen years

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 12:36 pm

I also wear diapers though I'm not sure the incontinence has anything at all to do with autism though I did read somewhere that there are some neurological links.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 11:13 pm

Thanks for everyone for their reply. I know it is not the most comfortable topic in the world to talk about, but I appreciate your comments and help.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 12:16 am

I can't say I have, but I used to slobber like crazy- insert foaming at the mouth- while sleeping back when I was a kid. I would wake up in a puddle each morning.

Is it something you can control by rearranging your drinking and eating times and habits?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:53 am

I almost wet the bed the other morning, but I managed to wake up and leap out of bed in time to wet my pajamas on the way to the restroom instead. Kind of embarrassing, but at least no one saw me (it happened at 4 AM).

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 May 2011, 2:35 pm

when i first moved to california to live with my dad at my aunts house i pissed in the bed like the uhh 4th night i was there. apparently air can hold up anything, (i was sleeping on a airbed) :jester:

now thats out of the way i dont eve forsee myself doing that again. i just have too much game! :geek:

jwhitco_1306
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2012, 2:12 pm

First off i am glad to know that i am not the only one with this problem. second i have had this problem all my life and while i was living at home ( i dont any more so i can promiss i am safe) i used to get told that i was just lazy and would get beaten every morning that i didnt wake up dry wich was quite often. does anyone know if the beatings are what made it so even now i still have problems with it?

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 12:31 am

jwhitco_1306 wrote:
First off i am glad to know that i am not the only one with this problem. second i have had this problem all my life and while i was living at home ( i dont any more so i can promiss i am safe) i used to get told that i was just lazy and would get beaten every morning that i didnt wake up dry wich was quite often. does anyone know if the beatings are what made it so even now i still have problems with it?

I didn't frequently get the physical end of it but the yelling and the blaming and being forced to wear a diaper in public sure didn't help. When I was hospitalized at 12 it went away for a while but then they started me on a med that brought it back, so the Dr. gave me Tofranil. After I got out it wasn't as often but it still happened at random until I was 17, I was paranoid about staying overnight anywhere for fear of what might happen. The only times I had a dry night now that I recall was when my grandpa used to take us kids to Vegas

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2012, 12:09 pm

I'm an adult aspie and I do wet my bed every night. However my incontinence issue is not directly related to my AS. I suffer quite often of night terrors and insomnia as well.

Last edited by Cesar on 12 Aug 2012, 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 12:17 pm

I do a lot of odd things while sleeping - monologues that last for five hours and leave my mouth extremely dry, for example - but I do not wet the bed. I don't think Asperger's syndrome has anything to do with it.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 1:52 pm

2wheels4ever wrote:
jwhitco_1306 wrote:

I didn't frequently get the physical end of it but the yelling and the blaming and being forced to wear a diaper in public sure didn't help. When I was hospitalized at 12 it went away for a while but then they started me on a med that brought it back, so the Dr. gave me Tofranil. After I got out it wasn't as often but it still happened at random until I was 17, I was paranoid about staying overnight anywhere for fear of what might happen. The only times I had a dry night now that I recall was when my grandpa used to take us kids to Vegas

i've had it all my life, and yes, yelling and beatings were there too. they blamed me for it and i remember even when i was young thinking there crazy, i'm the last one who wants this to happen?
i have noticed it is directly related to my stress level and self confadence level. also if i am sleeping w/ a women it very rarely happens, but when it does, they take it quite well

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Aug 2012, 10:29 pm

I don't have that problem but if anyone with it is taking any psych meds or thinking about going on any; talk about it with your doc/psych because some also help with bed wetting. The antidepressant Tofranil (Imipramine) is one

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Harry_Dawson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2012, 2:36 am

billybud21 wrote:
Does anyone else have problems with bed wetting as an adult aspie? Apparently the correct terminology is adult nocturnal enuresis. It tends to happen to me when I am particularly stress or am regressing.

Yes, exactly this ^^^

It happens occasionally when I'm stressed, which makes me a bit paranoid (particularly when I travel). It's a bit different when I regress since I pay less attention to my physical needs, so probably shouldn't call that true nocturnal enuresis, but it happens nevertheless.

Lady Nightshade
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2022, 12:24 pm

Not only do I suffer with bed wetting but I also have daytime bladder and sometimes bowel incontinence as well so I always have to carry a bag with me with briefs wipes and other supplies.
Sometimes if I'm going on a long day trip I have to plan my whole day around finding a bathroom in which to change.