Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 7:04 pm

Money makes the world dirty. Metaphorically and literally.

Anyone think the human race will ever evolve to not need it anymore? Or will we evolve into aliens that have to still rely on some sort of currency.

I'll bet money will evolve into something else.

I'll bet aliens don't need to destroy their weeker members like society does now. They probably know how to make them stronger like them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2022, 6:16 pm

I highly doubt that humanity will be around long enough to evolve into aliens. Our greed & hatred will end up destroying us long before then. If we do survive, we'll be like the Ferengi on Star Trek & be extremely greedy & use some kinda rare mineral or metal for our currency like how the Ferengi use gold-pressed Latinum :nerdy:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 12:31 pm

as long as there is a right wing there will continue to be money pressures.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 12:33 pm

As long as there are needs for goods and services that cannot be bartered for locally, there will be a need for money.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 12:55 pm

Even without Money, there will always be those who have, those who have less, and those who have not. Even in a "utopia".

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:23 pm

If we end up with CBDCs (Central Bank Digital Currencies), which is not impossible, money itself will still exist, but some of its present characteristics will be lost. This is potentially quite alarming.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:48 pm

Money is the root of all evil.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:49 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

Evil existed long before money.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:51 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
No, it is the love of money that is a root of all kinds of evil (1st Timothy 6:10).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 2:02 pm

I'm suddenly reminded of a Teen Titans Go ep. Beast Boy hated money because it was evil & he managed to get the world's currency changed to bees. He started running a mafia like empire & was hoarding bees :lol: The moral is if we did not have paper money & metallic currency, us hew-mons would be using something else that serves the same purpose of a money system.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 6:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
No, it is the love of money that is a root of all kinds of evil (1st Timothy 6:10).

Boiling a Kid in its mothers milk is the root of all evil, im serial.

Mammon was the last commandment via covetousness and God is a joker

Quote:
There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

However, nothing dispirits, and nothing seems worth while disputing. He bolts down all events, all creeds, and beliefs, and persuasions, all hard things visible and invisible, never mind how knobby; as an ostrich of potent digestion gobbles down bullets and gun flints. And as for small difficulties and worryings, prospects of sudden disaster, peril of life and limb; all these, and death it

self, seem to him only sly, good-natured hits, and jolly punches in the side bestowed by the unseen and unaccountable old joker.
http://www.literaturepage.com/read/mobydick-237.html

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 9:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

How about that. You learn something new each day.

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 12:11 pm

DanielW wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Evil existed long before money.

Neither evil nor money really "exist", so maybe there's hope yet for the world? :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 12:20 pm

A suciety without some sort of money or currency system is a fantasy pipe dream like being able to make things suddently appear by wiggling your nose, riding a flying unicorn, or world leaders caring about people working together to solve the world's problems.

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 1:17 pm

nick007 wrote:
A suciety without some sort of money or currency system is a fantasy pipe dream like being able to make things suddently appear by wiggling your nose, riding a flying unicorn, or world leaders caring about people working together to solve the world's problems.

So what, human beings just blinked into existence the moment money was invented? Or was it when it was first thought of? You know, I think the inhabitants of North Sentinel Island might have something to say about your theory :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 3:19 pm

delvian wrote:
nick007 wrote:
So what, human beings just blinked into existence the moment money was invented? Or was it when it was first thought of? You know, I think the inhabitants of North Sentinel Island might have something to say about your theory.
Obviously, you have misunderstood his statement. Society needs some medium of exchange, whether it is livestock, labor, metal discs, or slips of papers with pictures of dead people on them.

The analogies he used make perfect sense; yours do not.