Is the internet the only place where you can pass as NT?

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 4:54 am

I think I just feel annoyed at the whole empathy thing because the definition of it varies depending on whether one's on the spectrum or not.

For an Aspie to have empathy they have to tolerate everybody of every race, neurology, age, religion, life circumstances, etc, but for an NT to have empathy they can have intolerance for any group of people and bully to make themselves feel good and fit in the social hierarchy or whatever it is.

It's like NTs are omnipotent, and I refuse to let it be that way. Just because I'm on the spectrum it doesn't make me some inferior weakling dangling at the bottom of the social pecking order. I am entitled to some power too, which is why I refuse to be lectured by people on WP whenever I display even a tiny bit of hint of intolerance (not aiming at anyone in this thread).

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:26 am

Joe90 wrote:
I refuse to be lectured by people on WP whenever I display even a tiny bit of hint of intolerance (not aiming at anyone in this thread).

That seems to be the internet in general these days: we must all be perfect 100% of the time, 24/7. We are not allowed to have off days, misunderstand the question, make a joke or be uninterested in a subject.

I am really talking about social media like Twitter, Facebook etc. I have found moderated forums like WP to be more accepting.

The trouble with social media is, we can have a passing thought, a momentary brain freeze, a random idea and write it down. Then we move on and forget what we said or thought at that particular moment, yet days or weeks or months later someone finds our comment and takes issue with it.

Before social media, random thoughts were just that: a random thought passing through our brain that we forgot the next minute. No one knew about it, so no one could criticise us.