The universe if fake. It exists to piss me off.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 6:28 pm

I used to be able to find things in google. I used to be able to do this kind of search

buffy episode andrew kills jonathan

or this

buffy episode jonathan dies
buffy episode Seal of Danzalthar andrew jonathan
buffy andrew kills jonathan episode seal

Any one of these should pull the plot summary and display it with the episode title and number. Then there should be dozens of links to essentially the same thing, as people have discussed this series over and over for decades.

I can find articles about "the five most significant deaths in buffy", in which this death is mentioned as one of the five most important, WITHOUT NAMING IT.

This is the universe teasing me.

I now fully expect one or more of you to look for it and trivially find it. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.

Your universe can be perfectly ordered and rational while simultaneously mine is completely f****d up. THAT IS THE POINT. That yours is functional and mine is not is gaslighting. I am supposed to doubt myself. Please don't help the universe do that to me.

In the episode, Jonathan wonders what his past classmates are up to and wishes them well, though they've all been pretty mean to him. Andrew tells him that none of them are thinking about him and they don't give a crap. It's kinda the story of my life. I would like to have found it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 6:37 pm

Dang! All Google gave me was a pronz featuring Buffy and Spike look-alikes.

The universe hates me, too!

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 6:45 pm

Found it in "Conversations With Dead People"

JONATHAN

I miss my friends. I miss my enemies. I miss the people I talked to every day. I miss the people who never knew I existed. I miss 'em all. I want to talk to them, you know. I want to find out how they're doing. I want to know what's going on in their lives.

ANDREW

You know what? They don't wanna talk to you?all those people you just mentioned. Not one of them is sitting around going, "I wonder what Jonathan's up to right now." Not one of them cares about you.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 7:24 pm

'the universe' is such a tease