Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 9:32 pm

https://www.narcity.com/i-went-to-canad ... hday-suits

From the sunset pic in the article she was there 2 weeks ago on the first hot Saturday of the summer. It was an amazing day/eve at the beach.

She did overlook a lot of other cool factors about the culture - all the artists, athletes, musicians and entertainers doing their things etc but overall not a terrible review.

Some are posting complaint comments on the article on Facebook, slamming her for whining about nudity at a nude beach lol and also for publishing stuff about the culture there that’s maybe not so good if it attracts trouble makers or increased police presence.

Also, the stairs are F all. You can rip up them in 5 minutes or so. Some people do them a dozen times in a day just for exercise.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 9:54 pm

when i was younger and fitter, maybe. not with arthritic hips, though. there are nude beaches south of the border as well, such as salmon beach near point defiance, WA.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 11:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
when i was younger and fitter, maybe. not with arthritic hips, though. there are nude beaches south of the border as well, such as salmon beach near point defiance, WA.

It's possible to paddleboard or kayak in from a neighbouring beach, but very few ever do it - people just take one of the several staircases. I've yet to trek the length of the entire beach (8km) nor use every staircase. I usually just stick to the main beach.

There are plenty of other nude beaches in the world. There are several more in BC. But there isn't another Wreck Beach - the place is a circus! As well as beautiful.. secluded beach at the foot of rain forest covered cliffs, island/mountain views for sunset etc. It's awesome, and little wonder why people take vacations to come here and party with us and just enjoy the sweet sweet freedom of being able to be whoever you are. 8) Total festival type vibes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 11:52 pm

so i take it that wreck beach is a bit like a nude venice beach-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venice,_Los_Angeles

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 12:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
so i take it that wreck beach is a bit like a nude venice beach-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venice,_Los_Angeles

No. That seems like it's very commercial, easily accessible, and full of dbags.

Vancouver has it's share of dbag beaches.. people there to show off, flex, generally act inappropriate towards women etc.

Wreck is different. It's hippies, naturists, yogis, literal circus performers, lgbT people, musicians, drummers, skimboarders, purveyors of psychedelics, homeless kids, students, business owners, professors, engineers, artists, acrobats, dancers, models.. misfits of all kinds all on one equal playing field enjoying the sun, sea, sand, drinks, drugs, music & general freedom together to the fullest. Everything has to be carried down 490 stairs, so there's no big commercial promenade.. the biggest operation is Stormin' Normand's Shamanic Grill serving up gourmet smokies & hotdogs.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 12:06 am

if only i was younger and mobile.