Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 1:05 am

I hate fireworks, I have sensory issues, it can be bad. My town has fireworks in the park, I live near the park, I can see the fireworks from my apartment. Once, the fireworks got sooo loud. I been hearing birds sing in the middle of the night, they driving me soooo crazy!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 1:32 am

I've had to cover my ears a lot tonight. The louder fireworks legitimately make my ears hurt and I hate it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 2:05 am

The last two nights were quite loud.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 8:29 pm

I'm not really the biggest fan either when it comes to the noise. I guess the same can be said for thunder and similar things. Just those feelings of fight or flight. I'm alright, though. The panic disorder really allowed me to become tolerant to said feelings, which is one of those ironic things in life.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 8:32 pm

I love them.

They remind me of childhood when my family used to take sleeping bags to the park and lie on our backs on a hill.
I've always loved coloured light in the dark and I think they're really beautiful.

The noise doesn't bother me especially when I watch them, and can see what's making the noise.
I have misophonia but not with that type of sound.
I know it bothers a lot of animals and survivors of gun crime, so I understand ... but I love them anyway.

It's fun to snuggle with someone special and watch them over the lake.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 8:43 pm

I didn’t start liking them until just a few years ago. They gave me panic attacks as a child and young adult. Enjoying them still feels kind of weird.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 12:37 am

I like fireworks, when they're displayed no later than 9 PM and are from a distance so they aren't so loud. But around Canada Day and Halloween the geniuses love to light them all hours of the night. Of course they don't care that some civilized people might be asleep at 3 AM (not me, though), or suffer from PTSD. Humans are selfish and ignorant by nature. Here's hoping they blow some of their own fingers off while we give them one big giant middle finger for their very own. :twisted:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 12:40 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Here's hoping they blow some of their own fingers off while we give them one big giant middle finger for their very own. :twisted:

:P I love your attitude!

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 1:58 am

I like fireworks shows.

But I don't like idiots setting off loud explosions a 3 am.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 2:49 am

As there are firework shows only once or twice a year and they last only for half an hour or so, I don't mind them. I like the festive air, too. Fireworks can be amazingly beautiful. If they happened more often and/or lasted longer, then I would hate them.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 9:39 am

I Like fireworks. 8) They're no longer legally sold for Halloween due to far too much property damage by morons. Some select cities might still sell them, and native reserves. I've yet to go to a reserve to buy fireworks, but I think I'm gonna this year.. ride my motorcycle out and fill my saddlebags. :D They're fantastic to have down at the beach after dark - people set some off there a handful of times/year. Not "legal," but super safe shooting fireworks over the ocean for whatever occasion! (Halloween, Canada Day, Chinese New Year, Diwali etc.)

lostonearth35 wrote:
I like fireworks, when they're displayed no later than 9 PM and are from a distance so they aren't so loud. But around Canada Day and Halloween the geniuses love to light them all hours of the night. Of course they don't care that some civilized people might be asleep at 3 AM (not me, though), or suffer from PTSD. Humans are selfish and ignorant by nature. Here's hoping they blow some of their own fingers off while we give them one big giant middle finger for their very own. :twisted:

Ummm, it's not even dark at 9pm in the summertime. Fireworks are exorbitantly expensive and it's best to wait for a dark sky canvas before making pyro-art.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 9:52 am

Try living within a few miles of Disneyland.  Every evening, around 9:30 p.m., their fireworks show goes off.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:15 am

I have an aversion to certain loud noises but for some reason I don't mind fireworks. They don't seem to make me edgy or annoyed. I think it's because they're in the sky so the sound waves tend to "bounce off me" and not grate on my nerves.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:16 pm

I like the ones that make beautiful colors in the night sky and the fountain ones.I bought some for when my daughter visits in August, if it rains….burn ban now in effect.If not then, I will save them back for New Years or to set off when there is a snow.I also like the smell, happy childhood memories.
I don’t like it when people set off strings of firecrackers together.Especially if they do it in a garbage can ,it’s awful.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:14 pm

fireworks too loud.

there were firecrackers going off a couple days before the fourth of july near my Pigpen.

prevented me from sleeping.

but whatever.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:37 pm

I like firework shows. I like how they expand, especially the green ones.