Looking for a cheap place to live?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 10:18 am

Howdy all,

This may be against Board rules, and I will gladly delete this post if this is so.

My girlfriend is selling two small houses here in the tiny and historic town of about 200 people in the high desert of Northern Nevada in which we live. I thought perhaps that someone here may be looking for a fairly cheap house (or two!) in which to live. The two houses listed below are right next to each other, all set for friends or family to set up a "compound", Prepper homestead, mini-community or what-have-you.

Golconda, Nevada is a great little town, and we're staying here after the houses sell. My girlfriend and I were both recently diagnosed with ASD, me at age 53, her at age 60, and find this town to be a great place to live if one values peace, privacy, and the freedom to do your own thing. You can keep animals, grow a garden, explore the desert and have a workshop. Weather is fairly mild, rarely going much over 100F in the height of Summer, with very low humidity, and very rarely dropping below 10 degrees F or so in Winter, with many Winter days above freezing.

There are multiple forms of Internet connectivity here, and we have a very good municipal water system.

People around here are generally tolerant enough and "mind their own business" in most aspects of life.

Living is very cheap here- electricity is only 6 cents a kilowatt-hour off-peak, property taxes are VERY low, and Nevada has no state income tax.

Interstate 80 runs right by town, so it's easy to get to town (Winnemucca), only 20 minutes away, where there's plenty of shopping, a hospital and employment, if you want or need a job. If you can work from home, this is a great place in which to do so (I run a small eBay business from home, here).

It's kind of a pipe dream of mine to attract more Autists here, since the idea of living among more like-minded oddballs appeals to me (I think?).

Here are the two Zillow listings for the houses:

135 Ydiando Street:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/135- ... 0297_zpid/

175 Ydiando Street:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/175- ... 0296_zpid/

Although Zoe would highly prefer an all-cash sale, she may consider seller financing, with a large down payment and a short loan period.

Thanks,
Darron