Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:03 am

I think I am unique. Maybe there is no one like me at all? This is not being negative or boasting. Is just how it is.

This site, to fit in one needs to be like everyone else and to think like others on this site and I don't. I am not an atheist who is into science in a big way. I am not gay or bisexual. I am not influenced by everything the media says. I seem to be on the recieving end of bad feelings against me for just being me. I am not a normal average person but neither am I one that fits in here. If I set up a site for people like me I would be on my own.

So this means I am neither allistic or autistic and definately not anywhere in the middle either... I don't know what I am.

This is not self pity. This is puzzlement. Where do I fit in?

Maybe there needs to be a "Mountain Goat" catagory... :D

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 7:53 am

All of us are unique in our own ways.

Many people on here probably feel the same way you do although it’s perfectly okay to disagree sometimes. There’s no reason why you should leave.

However, most people probably won’t respond positively if you tell them that they will go to “eternal damnation called Hell” if they believe differently than you do.

We’ve already established that many of us don’t believe everything the media says, so I’m not sure what that’s about. Not EVERY SINGLE THING the media says is going to be false. That’s where knowledge about science could come in handy; it helps us decipher what’s true from what isn’t and it helps to stop the spread of false information whether it’s coming from the media or elsewhere.

Many people on here are straight, so you probably fall into the majority in terms of sexual preference.

Preferences and beliefs regarding all these things have nothing to do with autism. In other words, it doesn’t impact whether you have autism or not. There’s a lot of diversity on WP.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:14 am

Yes, you are unique.

Just like everyone else.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:55 am

Have to wonder about what you wrote MountainGoat, Many many here maybe all have their own degrees of being
Unique … It is that unique quality that gives people different ideas or options to modify their own opinions
( sometimes their knowledge base) . Sometimes many opinions can give many options for solutions .
ViVa la difference !

where ever you go ,there you are

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 10:06 am

there are other autistic straight Christians here..but even then we are going to disagree on little things

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 12:21 pm

Am I in a time warp? :D

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 1:17 pm

Yes !

where ever you go ,there you are

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 1:43 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

why do you say that?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 1:57 pm

klanka wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

why do you say that?

Have been told that, but maybe I am ahead of my time as well? The future is in the past.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 1:59 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I think I am unique. Maybe there is no one like me at all? This is not being negative or boasting. Is just how it is.

This site, to fit in one needs to be like everyone else and to think like others on this site and I don't. I am not an atheist who is into science in a big way. I am not gay or bisexual. I am not influenced by everything the media says. I seem to be on the recieving end of bad feelings against me for just being me. I am not a normal average person but neither am I one that fits in here. If I set up a site for people like me I would be on my own.

So this means I am neither allistic or autistic and definately not anywhere in the middle either... I don't know what I am.

Maybe there needs to be a "Mountain Goat" catagory... :D

You’re not as unique as you think you are MG.

I reckon a lot of people feel like you who come here.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 4:46 pm

Haven't you created multiple threads almost exactly like this one? I don't get why people are allowed to spam the same topics over and over. :?

Last edited by HeroOfHyrule on 19 Jul 2022, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 4:47 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

This site, to fit in one needs to be like everyone else and to think like others on this site and I don't.

There isn't any one mold that most of us fit into. People on this site have a variety of beliefs and come from many different cultural backgrounds.

Mountain Goat wrote:
I am not an atheist who is into science in a big way. I am not gay or bisexual.

Not everyone here is an atheist, and not everyone here is gay or bisexual. There are plenty of heterosexuals and plenty of Christians (of various stripes) here.

Mountain Goat wrote:
I seem to be on the recieving end of bad feelings against me for just being me.

Could you point to some specific examples?

Mountain Goat wrote:

None of the specific issues you mentioned above have any bearing on whether you are autistic.

Both atheists and gays/bisexuals seem to be more common among autistic people than among the general population, but this doesn't mean there aren't plenty of autistic Christians and plenty of autistic heterosexuals too.

Mountain Goat wrote:

Sooner or later there will probably be groups of autistic Christians of various kinds. Indeed, groups of autistic people in particular religions are one of the categories of groups I think the autistic community needs - see my Longterm visions for the autistic community.

In the meantime, you're certainly welcome here, as far as I can tell.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 4:59 pm

I would say the majority on this Site are heterosexuals.

A good proportion are religious in some way, too. Many Christians here.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:38 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Haven't you created multiple threads almost exactly like this one? I don't get why people are allowed to spam the same topics over and over. :?

Yes, and every other thread I create you follow me to say something negative about me. Can I share with you how to say some nice things instead? Watch your life change when you do! You have so much potential for doing good! For being a blessing! For making others smile!
Life may not bring you a fair deal, but if you turn the hearts of others to good, then life opens up her rewards to you in ways that you cannot comprehend.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 7:01 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Yes, and every other thread I create you follow me to say something negative about me. Can I share with you how to say some nice things instead? Watch your life change when you do! You have so much potential for doing good! For being a blessing! For making others smile!
Life may not bring you a fair deal, but if you turn the hearts of others to good, then life opens up her rewards to you in ways that you cannot comprehend.

Here are the rules regarding spamming:

Spamming
--------------------
* Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.
* Cross posting is prohibited
* Please do not create pointless threads. These will be locked or deleted.
* Do not post just to post. Your post count can be reset if administrators feel you're doing this.
* Your posts may be deleted if they break any of the above rules about spamming.

In the future, you could bump threads you’ve already made about a given topic if you feel like there is more to say or if your needs or concerns weren’t sufficiently addressed.

(HeroOfHyrule does do good and does make people smile despite the fact that you haven't liked specific comments he's made.)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jul 2022, 7:47 pm

I've created LOTS of similar type posts in L&D when I was single & frustrated & the mods never told me anything about it. Lots of people do that in there & the mods tend to stay out of it unless things get hateful &/or accusations start getting tossed around. I figure if others don't like my posts, they do NOT have to read em. I tend to avoid topics in L&D by certain members who tend to go on about the same thing.

I tend to be very unique for an Aspie as well & you are MG but in some different ways. I'm straight but I'm also sorta on the asexuality spectrum & had a high sex drive before I got on meds to reduce it. I've majorly questioned my gender & sexual orientation & contemplated having a gay relationship before. I tend to be very attracted to women that others consider dumb like ditsy & getting confused easily; I find it very funny & cute & somewhat relatable. I also like being emotionally supportive within a relationship. I have lots of various disabilities that are unrelated to autism including some rare & lesser known 1s. I'm NOT creative at all. I'm NOT an intellectual & struggled majorly in school. I don't have any special skills, strengths, talents, & I kinda s#ck with technology compared to most NTs. That said, I tend to fit in a lot better on this forum than I have anywhere else on the web. I also learned alot & grew & matured as a result of being here. Yes this forum does have some major issues & members tend to be kinda cliquish but I tend to stay on the outside of all that drama.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition